can anyone confirm that ... does not set units to speed "limited" and "safe" ? They are aware from the beginning of the mission and that was not the case before the last update.

It does, the behavior is set to "SAFE" and the speed to "LIMITED". If they are aware at the beginning, I assume that something has been spotted by the group.

distance2D would be better suited if there was one ;)

Added in 131510

^ lol..

Quickly, we should start asking for all kinds of scripting commands as they seem to be on a roll.. :scratchchin:

It does, the behavior is set to "SAFE" and the speed to "LIMITED". If they are aware at the beginning, I assume that something has been spotted by the group.

Yeh, my bad. The Ai was set to AWARE by one of my own scripts *facepalm*

Fixed: Time of day affected by low FPS

So that means regardless if you play at night time or day light you get the same FPS? If so then great achievment.

I will try this out later today :)

So that means regardless if you play at night time or day light you get the same FPS? If so then great achievment.

No, that means that time of day doesn't slow down (?) when you have low FPS. Now, they only need to apply the same treatment to fire rate...

I read that as low client FPS doesn't cause time slippage on the client vs server/non-low fps clients.

Edit: Missed Frank's post

Edited by Cyruz

That's not what it said at all.

It said time of day is being affected by low framerates, not low framerates are caused by time of day.

What I'm understanding this to mean is that a client's time can be possibly behind others if their framerate is low.

Added: New targetKnowledge command (better version of knowsAbout)

Wow that was quick, we've just had a discussion about that in the AI developement thread.

I noticed that animation of switching to handgun has hand reaching for a handgun handle offseted too much forward.

Arma 3 Diag EPEVehicles does not show the origin (as red crosses)of wheel contacts anymore when they collide with something. It doesn't show the arrows that indicate controll inputs and forces either. It only shows a red origin at the Center of Mass that flickers occasionally. Please revert this so we at least have a chance for debugging the mess that is physx. I don't know when this changed, i haven't dealt with physx alot lately

Tanks accelerate on their own now without throttle input (e.g. T-100 after 30kph let go of throttle-> keeps accelerating to 40).

Arma 3 Diag EPEVehicles does not show the origin (as red crosses)of wheel contacts anymore when they collide with something. It doesn't show the arrows that indicate controll inputs and forces either. It only shows a red origin at the Center of Mass that flickers occasionally. Please revert this so we at least have a chance for debugging the mess that is physx. I don't know when this changed, i haven't dealt with physx alot lately

Tanks accelerate on their own now without throttle input (e.g. T-100 after 30kph let go of throttle-> keeps accelerating to 40).

You are using a wrong diag, "suspension" is the one with wheels :icon_twisted:

You are using a wrong diag, "suspension" is the one with wheels :icon_twisted:

No, suspension shows the forces and translation of the suspension, not the wheel contact with the ground - unless you talk about a version we don't get to have... The old EPEVehicle command showed the controll inputs as arrows, as well as force on center of mass and in case of contact with obstacles, also the contact points between wheel and the object.

I'm wrestling with a vehicle where a wheel seems to be stuck in the ground for unknown reasons, "dragging" it with it therefore not exceeding 10+kph...

Edited by X3KJ

I have the same issue as X3KJ, sometimes I see wheels "sinked" into the ground, the only way to unstuck them is to drive on top of small walls or any geometry that allow the wheels to go above the ground.

sometimes I see wheels "sinked" into the ground

No that's not the same, wheels that suddenly end up in the ground get intentionally deactivated by physx to prevent violent spazzing/glitching until they are above ground again.

But this is not the case

, since it's not a vanilla vehicle (note the colored arrows i described earlier that are now missing). The wheels don't sink but they blockade - I propably wasted 15+ hours on this problem already, soo frustrating. Only improvement achieved is that it now drives in reverse unimpeded.

Added: New distance2D command

Hmmm, what could it be?

In another note, when will we see that improved walking animation with weapon?

Feature or bug? When i go next to the enemy tank(or strider size vehicle and above) with my tank(eg.: T-100, M1A1) and i kill the tank with sabot(the tank explode) i will die inside the vehicle. Is this a feature or a bug? Shouldn't I survive it?

Can anyone explain me what's new about targetKnowledge compared to knowsAbout? The documentation on the wiki page is not up yet, and I'm so excited to implement this into some of my stealth missions ;)

Can anyone explain me what's new about targetKnowledge compared to knowsAbout? The documentation on the wiki page is not up yet, and I'm so excited to implement this into some of my stealth missions ;)

It will also be wonderful for developing 'training' scenarios where players can learn the mechanics of AI detection and tracking skills which in turn should hopefully up-skill the player base.

Can anyone explain me what's new about targetKnowledge compared to knowsAbout?

Guess the main thing to note is that you no longer have to rely on and interpret that funny knowsAbout value (ranging from 0 to 4). That value probably should never have been exposed by the API in the first place, at least not in such a form, which smells of "engine internals" which better should be kept away in some black box. :cool:

With the new targetKnowledge you now get a clear answer in the form of a bool.

Further there's also some of nearTargets merged into it (position accuracy/target position error coef), which is nice.

Not quite sure, if we can do some more things with this guy (didn't have time to play around with this yet). For example it could make sense to look at the difference between "last time target was seen by unit" and "last time target endangered unit", instead of considering the distance.

Edited by ruebe