There was a 144Mbyte patch today, any infos about it?

Unless it has been changed in between the video and 1.46, it is still the same. Also I don't remember seeing changelog mention about zoom out values change.

Stable 1.46 and today's 1.48RC compared http://gfycat.com/CourteousCleanAmericanwigeon

There was a 144Mbyte patch today, any infos about it?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-Branch-Changelog&p=2963775&viewfull=1#post2963775 :)

After the fix for smokeshells I was still getting this when starting my mission:

20:10:07 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.'.
20:10:07 Warning Message: No entry '.picture'.
20:10:07 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
20:10:07 Warning Message: No entry '.scope'.
20:10:07 Warning Message: Error: creating magazine  with scope=private
20:10:07 Warning Message: No entry '.displayName'.
20:10:07 Warning Message: No entry '.displayNameShort'.
20:10:07 Warning Message: No entry '.nameSound'.
20:10:07 Warning Message: No entry '.Library'.
20:10:07 Warning Message: No entry '.libTextDesc'.
20:10:07 Warning Message: No entry '.type'.
20:10:07 Warning Message: No entry '.count'.
20:10:07 Warning Message: No entry '.maxLeadSpeed'.
20:10:07 Warning Message: No entry '.initSpeed'.
20:10:07 Warning Message: No entry '.reloadAction'.
20:10:07 Warning Message: No entry '.modelSpecial'.
20:10:07 Warning Message: No entry '.ammo'.
20:10:17 Warning Message: No entry '.model'.
20:10:17 Warning Message: '/' is not a value

I've tracked it down to an empty string in a weapon config entry (it might even go further back, I haven't looked).

class Tavor_base_F

The magazines entry looks like this:

magazines[] = {
"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",
"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red",
"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Green",
"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Yellow",
"",
"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_red",
"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_green"
};

I think it happened at the same time as the smokeshell errors so maybe someone had too many pints at breakfast that day ;)

Thanks! xD

Fixed: MP collisions of static non-local helicopters / airplanes

Wow, could that spell the end of spontaneous combustion of air vehicles? (incl helicopters and uavs).

After the fix for smokeshells [...]

Ehrmm, actually I do not believe this has been properly fixed. While adding smoke shells with the command addItemCargoGlobal(!) doesn't crash the game any longer, the smokes are not useable at all (you can't throw them, you can't cycle through them, ...) - yet, upon opening the inventory, they are clearly there. What you can do is drop them to the ground, and pick em back up; and now, all of a sudden, you can use that smoke.

My guess is, that picking up a smoke uses a different command (probably the magazines one...), hence it will properly register it.

Long story short: addItemCargoGlobal and(!) smokes are still broken.

Please revisit. :cool:

1.9x according to this

Just tested again

0.9x normal as before

2.8x new zoom in

0.6x zoom out, same as before

Magnifications are relative, so it depends on what you are comparing to. The numbers I gave above compare the solider views to each other.

The actual config values are default solider view 0.75, zoomed in was 0.375, and is now 0.25. Zoomed out was 1.1, and is now 1.25.

The zoom values given by the in-game UI in motars, rangefinders, scope descriptions, etc have all changed too. All magnifications in the game are now given relative to the zoomed in soldier view, so if we want to be consistent zoomed in view is 1x, default is 1/3x, zoomed out is 1/5x.

My resolution is only 1680x1050, so I can't achieve the 1 arc minute acuity. But then again, my eyesight isn't 20/20 either, so I guess it's realistic for me. :)

Yeah I'm in the same boat, both in display and eyes :)

Magnifications are relative, so it depends on what you are comparing to.

If you watch the video you can see that zoom is tied to game magnification. Mortar has an indicator and it matches perfectly with it.

---------- Post added at 01:44 ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 ----------

The zoom values given by the in-game UI in motars, rangefinders, scope descriptions, etc have all changed too

You are right about that and I think there might be some mistakes. Just tried Mortar vs Laserdesignator as both have zoom indicator and both are off quite a bit not to mention they do not match against each other either. That's on stable.

EDIT: Yep, 100% zooms are all messed up on DEV too. Laserdesignator says 5x default zoom but it actually 14x

Edited by Killzone_Kid

Improved: Cars are no longer prone to explosions from small arms fire. Explosive shells & devices are now required to blow up cars (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=6699)

I wonder, would it be possible to make vehicles not explode at all when their damage value is 1.0, only when it was actually hit in the fuel tank or blown up by explosives or rockets ? I mean, just because a car is wrecked doesn't mean it explodes, or car accidents would be much more dramatic on our roads.

Is there any way to return the mouse speed with free look enabled and disabled? I still believe the the mouse speed has been lower in free look, since the last update.

EDIT: Yep, 100% zooms are all messed up on DEV too. Laserdesignator says 5x default zoom but it actually 14x

They're not. You're just using the wrong naked eye "zoom" as the baseline 1x value now that BIS has changed it to be consistent across all optics on the dev branch.

All optics zooms on weapon scopes and vehicles are now relative to the narrow naked eye FOV (which is the game's true 1x "zoom", but appears as 1.8x zoom in your video). The game's default init FOV (appears as 0.9x zoom in your video) is now about 1/3 of the baseline naked eye value used to calculate optical magnification; so the scope that is nominally 5x the narrow FOV is ~15x the default FOV, as you've discovered.

The default view is not considered as 1x magnification because the resolution is nowhere near as good as real-life 20/20 visual acuity, but as discussed before the "zoomed in" naked eye is pretty close on a display with 1200px vertical resolution. Prior to this, BIS were inconsistent in what the 1x value was in calculating their vehicle and weapon optics, and the Mortars used one that was relative to the default FOV.

Edited by da12thMonkey

They're not. You're just using the wrong naked eye "zoom" as the baseline 1x value now that BIS has changed it to be consistent across all optics on the dev branch.

All optics zooms on weapon scopes and vehicles are now relative to the narrow naked eye FOV (which is the game's true 1x "zoom", but appears as 1.8x zoom in your video). The game's default init FOV (appears as 0.9x zoom in your video) is now about 1/3 of the baseline naked eye value used to calculate optical magnification; so the scope that is nominally 5x the narrow FOV is ~15x the default FOV, as you've discovered.

The default view is not considered as 1x magnification because the resolution is nowhere near as good as real-life 20/20 visual acuity, but as discussed before the "zoomed in" naked eye is pretty close on a display with 1200px vertical resolution. Prior to this, BIS were inconsistent in what the 1x value was in calculating their vehicle and weapon optics, and the Mortars used one that was relative to the default FOV.

Sorry I do not need some fancy explanation to see that while Laserdesignator says 5x it actually zooms far more than that or at least twice that. Going to make zoomed in naked eye a base and see how it looks.

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

Yes, assuming zoomed in naked eye is 1x Mortar and Laserdesignator readings match on DEV not on stable. This is what I get:

zoomed in 1x

normal 0.3x

zoomed out 0.2x

Then this means that

1. There is no zoomed in view without optics. It is "normal", "zoomed out" and "zoomed out more" now (default "zoomed out")

2. Some strange zoom limits values on Mortar as a result 1.4x to 32.1x

3. It is confusing, because anyone looking at zoom values on the optics will, and I guarantee this, think that magnification is relative to normal naked eye view, not zoomed in one. Hence confusion about the accuracy or readings.

4. Some strange zoom values on optics too. AMS sight says 3x to 10x but in reality 3.3x to 10x

onEachFrame {      hintSilent format [          "CURRENT ZOOM: %1x",          round (((          [0.5,0.5]           distance           worldToScreen           positionCameraToWorld           [0,0.375,1]      ) * (          getResolution           select           5      ) ) * 10) / 10      ]  };

Edited by Killzone_Kid

Why is this a problem? There's nothing you can do with the information that you have 3x. Ergo it wouldnt make a difference if it would be exactly 3x or 3.3x

As long as a declared 3x has less zoom then a declared 4x, i don't see the problem.

Changing zoom values requires optic markings to be adjusted and that is a PITA so it better be a good reason to do it.

Edited by X3KJ

Does anybody else experience instability on RC? The game crashes within minutes, literally.

Does anybody else experience instability on RC? The game crashes within minutes, literally.

please

find RPT, MDMP and BIDMP files from moment of crash and compress into 7z then upload them somewhere and post the URL or send me it via PM

It is confusing, because anyone looking at zoom values on the optics will, and I guarantee this, think that magnification is relative to normal naked eye view, not zoomed in one. Hence confusion about the accuracy or readings.

That people may be initially confused is no reason to alter this (subscribing to the lowest common denominator is not appropriate for a simulation). I for one am pleased that BIS are attending to FOV consistency and the cornerstone has to be that the 'zoomed' naked eye FOV should be the 1:1 representation of visual acuity (the default 'not zoomed' FOV being merely a workaround for the fact that a monitor cannot represent both that acuity and the breadth that human eyes are capable of at the same time).

I wasn't able to reproduce the crashes. I've tried several combinations of mods (2 crashes happened with mods),without mods too. I have restarted my PC since, not sure where the problem was.

onEachFrame { hintSilent format [ "CURRENT ZOOM: %1x", round ((( [0.5,0.5] distance worldToScreen positionCameraToWorld [0,0.375,1] ) * ( getResolution select 5 ) ) * 10) / 10 ] };

Neat method. Accuracy can be improved (and the rounding removed) by using larger values for the positionCameraToWorld array, eg: [0, 3750, 10000], and using a vector measurement rather than the distance command.

Added: New sounds for 30mm and 40mm autocannons (separated by turret / body position)

I'm still hear the old sounds. :D

I'm still hear the old sounds. :D

Me too. I tried the Mora, Kamysh and Marshall.

Neat method. Accuracy can be improved (and the rounding removed) by using larger values for the positionCameraToWorld array, eg: [0, 3750, 10000], and using a vector measurement rather than the distance command.

distance2D would be better suited if there was one ;)

distance2D would be better suited if there was one ;)

This is actually a command I never knew I wanted. I've gotten so used to using distance with both z values set to 0. +1

@BIS: are you guys aware that the official scenario "Armed Assault" just got - ehh - a tad bit harder,

...now that those artillery guys will happily shoot with their "self defense" turrets at you?

Improved: AI guns on sochor will now engage soldiers.

Improved handling of artillery vehicles that have a secondary "self defense" turrets.

:soldier::shock::rofl:

For a quick fix, maybe just remove ammo of these turrets or something.

Hey folks,

can anyone confirm that

[group this, getPos this, 100] call bis_fnc_taskPatrol;

does not set units to speed "limited" and "safe" ? They are aware from the beginning of the mission and that was not the case before the last update.