I'm getting this error message when starting of my missions since I've been on dev branch:

15:38:21 Error in expression <t) exitWith {};
};	
_foundPos
};

Param = 
{
private["_passed_this", "_parameter>
15:38:21   Error position: <= 
{
private["_passed_this", "_parameter>
15:38:21   Error Reserved variable in expression
15:38:23 Generating ST on the fly is very slow

Anyone knows what that means? It doesn't refer to one of my own scripts.

I'm getting this error message when starting of my missions since I've been on dev branch:

Anyone knows what that means? It doesn't refer to one of my own scripts.

I think it's the param = {... since param is a command now. It might be in some BIS function or a mod?

I searched through all my files with Notepad++ for a word called param, but I didn't find anything. That's strange.

Could it be that one of BIS' functions uses the variable param?

I 'm unable to find such code in the our functions:

Searching 1063 files for "_passed_this"
0 matches across 0 files

Have you searched in the FSM files of your mission? In addition, do you use any mod?

I didn't use any mods, and there are no FSM files in my mission as far as I know.

Edited by R3vo

BI, why is the damage system still so ugly since Early Access?

• Fixed: Switching optics mode resets zeroing

Finally - lets hope that it works ;) yes it does yay

Edited by RobertHammer

Fixed: Many tweaks, fixes and improvements in translations

This reminds me, does anyone know if there's a localized string for "careless" (I assume there must be since it's a behaviour type like all the others).

The other behaviours follow this format:

• STR_safe
  • STR_aware
  • STR_combat
  • STR_stealth

However the same for "careless" doesn't seem to exist (or I couldn't find it).

Finally - lets hope that it works ;) yes it does yay

Does the PP effect from the initial optic you went into ADS with still stay when you toggle between them? Can't check right now.

(Look down HAMR optic > Switch to HAMR red dot > HAMR optic PP (blur on edges) is still active > Leave ADS > Re-enter ADS > HAMR red dot PP active (none) > Switch to HAMR optic > HAMR optic has no PP)

Does the PP effect from the initial optic you went into ADS with still stay when you toggle between them? Can't check right now.

(Look down HAMR optic > Switch to HAMR red dot > HAMR optic PP (blur on edges) is still active > Leave ADS > Re-enter ADS > HAMR red dot PP active (none) > Switch to HAMR optic > HAMR optic has no PP)

PP blur thing is still there

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23741

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22337

This reminds me, does anyone know if there's a localized string for "careless" (I assume there must be since it's a behaviour type like all the others).

The string you're looking for is str_combat_careless.

The string you're looking for is str_combat_careless.

Thanks, that's perfect!

I wonder why I couldn't find it in any of the language PBOs, do you happen to know where I can find it? There are some related strings I could also make use of.

Edited by SilentSpike

This particular string, with many others, is in dta\languagecore_f.pbo. The location of the addon might be the reason why some strings are avoiding your search. :)

Again, perfect! :)

I notice by the way that the "str_hc_menu_speed" string (in that file) may have an erroneous colon within the French translation.

Indeed it has. It should be fixed in the next dev-branch update. Thank you for noticing! :)

Here is the related ticket: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12128
thanks, but there is not a single anwser from a BI Dev......... only
I am not BIS - I'm a volunteer moderator and otherwise player, just like you.

Just like the whole low CPU/performance and many other Discussions

a big shame

Fixed: Goat, chicken and sheep no longer stuck in animation after a few seconds

Using the animal module, only two animals will move. The rest will stand frozen. Sometimes the frozen ones turn to face another direction, and sometimes they slide along the ground, but they play no animation at all.

Using the animal module, only two animals will move. The rest will stand frozen. Sometimes the frozen ones turn to face another direction, and sometimes they slide along the ground, but they play no animation at all.

Also Dogs and Snakes had the issue in 1.46, even rabbits had strange recursive animation issues, would check all animals not just goats/chicken/sheep.

It gives me a disproportionate amount of pleasure to see the return of properly functioning sheep, goats and chickens. Thank you devs!

As noted above, dogs still stay rooted to the spot (although at least animating some of the time), and snakes are totally paralysed.

And I might just make mention of the rabbit plague too!

Fixed: Goat, chicken and sheep no longer stuck in animation after a few seconds

On top of observations from other posters, CAManBase class agents are stuck still.

This doesn't work:

X_spawnPos = player modelToWorld [0,20,0];
X_unit = createAgent ["C_man_1_1_F",X_spawnPos, [], 0, "NONE"];
X_unit moveTo position player;

Neither does this:

X_unit setVariable ["BIS_fnc_animalBehaviour_disable", true];  // don't know if relevant but makes no difference anyway

Ive only started noticing AI ragdoll where killed units will roll down a hill (as if they were dead :D) in a pretty believable looking way, and im not getting that 'jump' they used to do before dying, it does happen every now and then, maybe they are healing or doing some other animation when it happens, kinda random, but starting to look really good in this area, nice work!

On top of observations from other posters, CAManBase class agents are stuck still.

This doesn't work:

Neither does this:

X_unit setVariable ["BIS_fnc_animalBehaviour_disable", true];  // don't know if relevant but makes no difference anyway

This works just fine:

[color="#FF8040"]X_spawnPos [color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#000000"]player[/color] [color="#191970"][b]modelToWorld[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#FF0000"]0[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#FF0000"]20[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#FF0000"]0[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
X_unit [color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]createAgent[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"C_man_1_1_F"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color]X_spawnPos[color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]0[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"NONE"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
X_unit [color="#191970"][b]disableAI[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"FSM"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
X_unit [color="#191970"][b]setBehaviour[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"CARELESS"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
X_unit [color="#191970"][b]moveTo[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]position[/b][/color] [color="#000000"]player[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]  [/color]

Made with KK's SQF to BBCode Converter

Works exactly as it worked at the time of publishing of this article: http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-agents-how-to/ (setting to CARELESS is not required)