The vehicle customization has been revisited a few weeks ago. For the Virtual Garage, we wanted something more dynamic and easy to extend, use, that's why the VhC has been developed.

Will it be possible to add custom license plates to customizations?

Eventually with a command to return license plates from objects like "getLicensPlate" or similar?

As of right now only vehicles that are being placed in the mission editor will have license plates,

if you spawn them mid-mission they will show only empty license plates (like the hatchback etc.)

As far as I know there's currently no way to return license plates from vehicles, nor any other way to generate them manually (so it actually gets displayed on the objects license plate).

Cheers

Will it be possible to add custom license plates to customizations?

Eventually with a command to return license plates from objects like "getLicensPlate" or similar?

As of right now only vehicles that are being placed in the mission editor will have license plates,

if you spawn them mid-mission they will show only empty license plates (like the hatchback etc.)

As far as I know there's currently no way to return license plates from vehicles, nor any other way to generate them manually (so it actually gets displayed on the objects license plate).

Cheers

Indeed, there's no possibility to interact with the license plates for now. This is something on the list but with a low priority.

Added: New animation source reloadMagazine2 for alternative muzzles (mostly for UGL)

:eek:

Nice work BIS!

Improved: Weather synchronization

There's quite a few tickets open regarding weather sync at the moment, can some more details be supplied please.

It was about time , able to animate GL reload :p

also some other anim sources for the GL will added in the future?

like isEmpty2 , reload2 and hide2 ?

Edited by RobertHammer

There's quite a few tickets open regarding weather sync at the moment, can some more details be supplied please.

Yep, would be nice to know what's changed.

Improved: AI guns on sochor will now engage soldiers

Do they mean the commander turret is now used properly?

The target was this issue: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=3028. Some more details:

• Apply weather synchronization update message instantly when connecting to a mission
  • Fixed error calculation
  • Apply overcast change immediately when also the time is changed

The target was this issue: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=3028. Some more details:

• Apply weather synchronization update message instantly when connecting to a mission
  • Fixed error calculation
  • Apply overcast change immediately when also the time is changed

is it christmas already? :yay:

more bananas forthcoming pending successful testing of setOvercast

Highest Lord Joris will be pleased.

---------- Post added at 00:08 ---------- Previous post was at 00:05 ----------

Back when I poked around on this issue, I recall the Commander was for some reason subordinate/slaved to the gunner or soemthing like that. If the gunner had a target, the commander would also target it, which is of course not feasible when the gunner is firing 5-10km. Only if the gunner had no target/idle would the commander engage nearby targets.

Edited by MDCCLXXVI

Yup, this should go for all artillery with other weapon stations.

Yup, this should go for all artillery with other weapon stations.

Great stuff, finally now more harmless artilleries in AOs.

With the change to the randomize headgear for FIA, What do I do now to shut that off? This is what I have been using:

this setVariable ["BIS_enableRandomization",false];

With the change to the randomize headgear for FIA, What do I do now to shut that off? This is what I have been using:

this setVariable ["BIS_enableRandomization",false];

BIS_enableRandomization works only with spawned objects (via scripts), for the objects placed from the editor, it's in the mission config file, with disableRandomization.

Can any of the BIS folks comment if they're seeing the AI radio delay issue on Dev Branch? Numerous folks have reported the issue and I'm just curious if it's in work or not. AI will either take forever to respond to a command or they won't fully make radio calls. I thought it was an addon issue, but I tried it clean and still had the problem, although it did start a little later.

I'm slightly worried about the new walking animation that was temporarily on dev branch. What if it is forever forgotten like the open-able vehicle doors that was in the beta? :(

Edited by SomeSangheili

Can any of the BIS folks comment if they're seeing the AI radio delay issue on Dev Branch?

It's an engine issue caused by a fix. We're working on fixing it better ;)

---------- Post added at 09:24 ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 ----------

I'm slightly worried about the new walking animation that was temporarily on dev branch.

This is still in the works, but we're not yet sure when it will return.

Thanks! I see the change from today, so good news.

Added: Steam Leaderboard functionality (the script commands cannot be used without hard-coded permissions. So official content only for now, starting with Time Trials soon - more info later)

Hmm... personally I think the moving while changing weapons issue should be tackled before launching into competitive ranking and leader boards with the Firing Drill stuff.

I've avoided the firing drills generally for this reason, as it just feels 'sticky' for want of a better word. Otherwise leaderboards would be something that could interest me.

0001819: You should be able to move while changing weapons

If you activate rankings before then, it would mean scrubbing the Steam leaderboards later, (for fairness) should you wish to implement moving while changing weapons (obviously advantageous time-wise).

E

Hmm... personally I think the moving while changing weapons issue should be tackled before launching into competitive ranking and leader boards with the Firing Drill stuff.

I wouldn't be concerned, leaderboards are just fluff. Top of the leaderboards will always belong to exploits and such as with every other similar leaderboard in any other online competition of the type.

Well, if i'm honest, I was trying to bump the 'changing weapon while moving' issue, and using it as a not-so-subtle way to insert it into dev branch chat ;)

Thanks, I needed that coffee all over my table xD

when i use arma3diag.exe the EPEVehicle Overlay appears automatically when you start driving, and trying to disable it via diag_toggle is very unreliable (most of the time the command doesnt seem to work). It wouldnt be that bad, if the damn EPEVehicle dialog wouldnt block the middle of the screen...

Edited by X3KJ

People, I don't usually complain, but right now all voice acting is broken. As a mission maker this is a big no-no.

See this ticket.

The mission attached will allow you to understand what is wrong. You will hear everything well except for when the speaker is not right next to you, including in the cars!

This ticket was marked as a duplicate of the AI chat issue, which was fixed apparently in the 1.47.131311, but with that build I still have the issue of the voice acting.

To be clear: sideRadio and globalRadio still have localized speakers.

Please fix it ASAP and push it outside the dev build as well. It is critical.

Edited by SPhoenix

People, I don't usually complain, but right now all voice acting is broken. As a mission maker this is a big no-no.

See this ticket.

The mission attached will allow you to understand what is wrong. You will hear everything well except for when the speaker is not right next to you, including in the cars!

This ticket was marked as a duplicate of the AI chat issue, which was fixed apparently in the 1.47.131311, but with that build I still have the issue of the voice acting.

To be clear: sideRadio and globalRadio still have localized speakers.

Please fix it ASAP and push it outside the dev build as well. It is critical.

This is breaking a lot of high quality community missions, but as well as the campaign missions. Right?