The hotfix for the limited head motion when moving helps a little bit, but there really is still something just a little bit awkward about it with the weapon lowered.

With head tracking it feel like my head is fighting my body in some use cases especially when trying to position to interact with multiple objects on the ground. I feel that the behavior while the weapon is lowered when the player starts moving the head should inherit the intended vertical pitch angle of the body and sum it, such that one's head will stay on the same vertical pitch. I feel the best result will probably be had if there was an option to allow the head to orient freely of the torso in vertical pitch within the limits, instead of inheriting the torso's pitch.

Speaking of kbTell (oh the pun), it's still not working on civilians and it has been that way since the Alpha....

Added: Function BIS_fnc_characterHeadgear to handle the randomization of headgears and facewears

I don't think this:

Description:

Describe your function

...is very helpful. Neither is

Parameter(s):

_this select 0: Object - Description

...followed by:

_unit = [_this, 0, objNull, [objNull]] call bis_fnc_param;
_head = [_this, 1, false, [[], false, [], ""]] call bis_fnc_param;
_face = [_this, 2, false, [[], false, [], ""]] call bis_fnc_param;

:dontgetit::whatsthat: :raisebrow:

This is the official function library. And people are eager to use this stuff.

So please, take that extra 5 minutes to properly document/describe what your functions do and how they're supposed to be used.

Thanks.

:thumb:

Thanks.

I am sorry, I didn't mention that the function is actually work in progress and actually not implemented into the units. I am pretty sure that the developer is going to do all the usual stuff later on :icon_evil:

Hi,

Just a note for other DB people. Occasionally, I'm getting this on launching a server. Not sure if it's something in my mission or some sort of error in dev branch:

14:31:58 Error in expression <(!BIS_fnc_feedback_allowPP || BIS_teamSwitched || BIS_respawned || BIS>
14:31:58   Error position: <BIS_teamSwitched || BIS_respawned || BIS>
14:31:58   Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_teamswitched
14:31:59 Error in expression <er != "DEAD") && (abs((damage player) - BIS_oldDMG) > 0.0001) && BIS_applyPP3 &&>
14:31:59   Error position: <BIS_oldDMG) > 0.0001) && BIS_applyPP3 &&>
14:31:59   Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_olddmg
14:31:59 Error in expression <((BIS_oldLifeState == "HEALTHY") || (BIS_o>
14:31:59   Error position: <BIS_oldLifeState == "HEALTHY") || (BIS_o>
14:31:59   Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_oldlifestate
14:31:59 Error in expression <) && (abs((GetOxygenRemaining player) - BIS_oldOxygen) > 0.0001) && BIS_applyPP5>
14:31:59   Error position: <BIS_oldOxygen) > 0.0001) && BIS_applyPP5>
14:31:59   Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_oldoxygen
14:31:59 Error in expression <!BIS_fnc_feedback_fatiguePP && ((getFatig>
14:31:59   Error position: <BIS_fnc_feedback_fatiguePP && ((getFatig>
14:31:59   Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fnc_feedback_fatiguepp
14:31:59 Error in expression <
(GetOxygenRemaining player >= 0.8) && (BIS_oldOxygen < 0.8) && BIS_fnc_feedback>
14:31:59   Error position: <BIS_oldOxygen < 0.8) && BIS_fnc_feedback>
14:31:59 Error in expression <BIS_PP_burning && !(isBurning player)>
14:31:59   Error position: <BIS_PP_burning && !(isBurning player)>
14:31:59   Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_pp_burning
14:31:59 Error in expression <(!BIS_fnc_feedback_allowPP || BIS_teamSwitched || BIS_respawned || BIS>
14:31:59   Error position: <BIS_teamSwitched || BIS_respawned || BIS>
14:31:59   Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_teamswitched
14:31:59 Error in expression <er != "DEAD") && (abs((damage player) - BIS_oldDMG) > 0.0001) && BIS_applyPP3 &&>
14:31:59   Error position: <BIS_oldDMG) > 0.0001) && BIS_applyPP3 &&>
14:31:59   Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_olddmg
14:31:59 Error in expression <((BIS_oldLifeState == "HEALTHY") || (BIS_o>
14:31:59   Error position: <BIS_oldLifeState == "HEALTHY") || (BIS_o>
14:31:59   Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_oldlifestate
14:31:59 Error in expression <) && (abs((GetOxygenRemaining player) - BIS_oldOxygen) > 0.0001) && BIS_applyPP5>
14:31:59   Error position: <BIS_oldOxygen) > 0.0001) && BIS_applyPP5>

Changed: Newer commander optics mounted on Marid

Thanks ;)

For some reason the kart randomization isn't correctly applying set numbers and I can't figure out why.

Applied with

this setVariable ['number',8]

I've looked at the \A3\Soft_F_Kart\Kart_01\scripts\randomize.sqf script to no avail, all looks correct to me.

The vehicle customization has been revisited a few weeks ago. For the Virtual Garage, we wanted something more dynamic and easy to extend, use, that's why the VhC has been developed. Beside the performance benefit, it has been the occasion to refactor several classes from the configs. You will find documentation and some basics here and a dedicated topic there. By the way the old scripts remain no to break previous content.

However, the Kart is the exception and has its own "init" function: BIS_fnc_initVehicleKart

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------
   file: fn_initVehicleKart.sqf
   ============================
   Author: Julien VIDA <@tom_48_97>

Description: Set the number of the given kart
   [KartName, [4,8]] call bis_fnc_initVehicleKart

Parameter(s):
       0 - Object: kart
       1 - Array: [First digit, second digit]
       3 - Integer: From 0 to 4, sponsor
       4 - Bool: Let the driver with the fuel uniform or randomize it

Example:
   [mySuperKart, [9,7], 2, false] call BIS_fnc_initVehicleKart;

--------------------------------------------------------------------*/

I notice when placing a CSAT infantry assault group Down without waypoints that they reshuffle their positions, other groups appear fine but didn't check all.

Thanks.

I am sorry, I didn't mention that the function is actually work in progress and actually not implemented into the units. I am pretty sure that the developer is going to do all the usual stuff later on :icon_evil:
I updated the header of the function, it should be on the dev branch tomorrow :cool:.

That being said, I must warn on the fact it's work-in-progress and the function/current analysis could be impacted by some other topics I'm working on.

:couch:

Will they extend the inventory item display(such as the pistol holster) on character to other items such as grenade, magazines?

Here is a video of pistol holstering, if somebody haven't seen it:

Edited by danczer

doubtfull... more proxies -> more sections -> less performance

Actually having holstered weapons is the bomb diggety :cool: Awesome stuff!

I hope you guys find time to experiment with the primary weapon proxy slung in front/side of the body instead of on the back. I do recall discussion that the weapon slung on back is rooted in legacy code but it doesn't hurt to hope ;)

This reminded me that could you please finally fix the toggle zoom ins and outs in vehicles? http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16065 I'd really like to use zoom out in some vehicles when I'm driving because it helps a lot to see some surroundings.

If everything goes as expected, then this should be fixed in the tomorrow's dev branch update :cool:

Perhaps it's intentional? I mean, it prevents you from seeing things around you when you're dead. Not very immersive, though.

I don't get your point. The ticket is not asking for you to have freelook when dying. It only requests that the camera should appropriately follow the head, and not sink into the ground, which results in seeing the inside of your neck everytime.

And also, you are DEAD. I don't see how being able to see where your eyes are pointed is in any way bad. Without mentioning the fact that the camera is blurred for those few seconds.

I don't get your point. The ticket is not asking for you to have freelook when dying. It only requests that the camera should appropriately follow the head, and not sink into the ground, which results in seeing the inside of your neck everytime.

And also, you are DEAD. I don't see how being able to see where your eyes are pointed is in any way bad. Without mentioning the fact that the camera is blurred for those few seconds.

I agree. Instant blackout and sound mute would be much better.

I agree. Instant blackout and sound mute would be much better.

That would only be realistic if that happened when a bullet goes through your brain, though.

I don't get your point. The ticket is not asking for you to have freelook when dying.

I said: to see things around you, not to freelook around voluntarily.

I guess you're right; the image fades out so fast it wouldn't give any advantage.

Did something happened to the voice protocol? Some words are muted and orders take a few seconds longer before processed.

For example, I assign number 2,4 and 6 as team Red, but I only hear my character say "2, 4, 6..." the "Team Red" part is muted.

Another example. when ordering the said team to move somewhere, it takes a few seconds for it to be processed(the issuing order part/voice, not the executing part), then my character said, "Team Red..." the "move to" part is muted.

Does anyone else experienced the same?

If everything goes as expected, then this should be fixed in the tomorrow's dev branch update :cool:

OMG! :yay:

Just thought of a really neat realistic feature, simple that is needed. A lot of people have issues dying from short falls, believe me, I'm a victim too. So my thing is have it to where if you fall, not high enough to kill you, but high enough to where you shouldn't land on your feet, it should put you into rag doll upon hitting the ground with little damage instead of full blown death.