Fixed: Splendid Camera bank angle was set to incorrect value when looking straight up or straight down

The canted angle bug was probably one of the oldest! Though minor was REALLY irritating when screen-shotting stuff. Can't believe this is finally fixed! Excellent job!

Finally! Too bad it's only working on Blufor soldiers.

http://i.imgur.com/c6gFQIm.jpg (531 kB)

It works for AAF too, on the new silly vests that have holsters. It's not working for CSAT because they don't have holsters. Maybe they'll get some.

Since there's a lot of work being done on the animations right now, is there a chance this can be given some attention? Raising or lowering weapons is usually done frequently during combat. Yes, just like in RL I don't like to point guns at people (unless they're bad guys). And that means being able to quickly lower it and NOT have to endure a few steps of forced movement. Workarounds like coming to a stop first or using the step-over action are not a solution.

I would rather see them overhauling the Step-Over animation, it would be great if it were more responsive.

Or maybe they could consider exchanging the step-over animation for something like the Enhanced Movement http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184977-Arma-Enhanced-Movement system. It feels much more fluid - even if it does occasionally glitch out and trap you on top of particularly wide walls...

So far I remember that mod uses that jumping animation which - in my opinion - looks kinda weird.

@ Bohemia sound engineers: I've just tested the new weapon sounds for HMG,GMG, Tigris etc. and I have to admit, the new sounds came out very nice.

Edited by R3vo

Or maybe they could consider exchanging the step-over animation for something like the Enhanced Movement http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184977-Arma-Enhanced-Movement system. It feels much more fluid - even if it does occasionally glitch out and trap you on top of particularly wide walls...

that and switching weapon while moving..its a nightmare in cqb with current mechanic

So far I remember that mod uses that jumping animation which - in my opinion - looks kinda weird.

@ Bohemia sound engineers: I've just tested the new weapon sounds for HMG,GMG, Tigris etc. and I have to admit, the new sounds came out very nice.

My opinion is that they should use the jumping animation that is used in ACE3 when holding V, but keep the ability to use the other one when just pressing V slightly.

OH, snap, i just realized, the latest version of Arma broke my Squad XML. My entire squad can't see their patches anymore in game.

OH, snap, i just realized, the latest version of Arma broke my Squad XML. My entire squad can't see their patches anymore in game.

update the squad XML to meet squad logo standards

Are you planning to enchant the character collision behavior in the near future? There is a lot of issue inside the buildings(balcony, door, stairs) which are everyday issues. I can post tickets if you want, but i bet you know what i mean(glitching through the wall/floor(death!), sticking, problematic door handling, crawling on the ruins). :)

It's awesome to see pistols in holsters on all the vests that have them. I was surprised when it magically showed up with no notice or change note in the changelog.

It's awesome to see pistols in holsters on all the vests that have them. I was surprised when it magically showed up with no notice or change note in the changelog.
Hahahaha I know right? A long-standing, decade-plus "my immersion!" item just 'randomly' fixed out of the blue with no promotion. :D Here's hoping that character/vest samples will be updated accordingly so that modders can take advantage of this for their own uniforms/vests...?

Sounds really good, will the other miniguns also get the new sound?

More weapon SFX overhauls are indeed WIP.

So I don't know if anyone ever brought this up, but the new vests... those dumb shoulder pads cover up the armpatches. If the new vests are here to stay, are there any plans to enable patches on the shoulder pads, if that's even possible? A cool feature has essentially been negated by these vests, which in my opinion look pretty silly anyway, but that's beside the point.

Are you planning to enchant the character collision behavior in the near future? There is a lot of issue inside the buildings(balcony, door, stairs) which are everyday issues. I can post tickets if you want, but i bet you know what i mean(glitching through the wall/floor(death!), sticking, problematic door handling, crawling on the ruins). :)

They've already made a huge step in the right direction by fixing the rotation point, no more glitching into walls.

They've already made a huge step in the right direction by fixing the rotation point, no more glitching into walls.

Really? Well that's great news! Most of the issues caused by clipping into object because of the rotation axis. It's in the dev? Omg! How could i miss that?!

Edit: Well, after a quick test i'm not satisfied at all. :( As it's now, it's even worse than the current stable.

Edited by danczer

Edit: Well, after a quick test i'm not satisfied at all. :( As it's now, it's even worse than the current stable.

Arma 3 ghost, walk across walls .... :581:

2035 solution, coming soon "FIX Here" download :pc: :couch:

Really? Well that's great news! Most of the issues caused by clipping into object because of the rotation axis. It's in the dev? Omg! How could i miss that?!

It's way better than it has been before, and you are clearly forcing it, before this update it was possible to glitch through everything without even trying hard.

Man, I really hope they spend some time on that, and properly fix it. I'm pretty happy with the way BI supported and shaped up the game, however this part of the game desperately needs some love.

I even made a video (on current stable branch) with the intention to post it on feedback tracker --->

but I guess they're on it.

Also saw the bug on recent Dslyecxi video --->

You try to crouch or go prone, and the player just completely ignores you.

If you guys could fix those issues, I couldn't be happier, since these can really ruin your game really quick :)

I've been mentioning the automatically-goes-into-standing-stance-when-crawling-into-rubble or how a player stands automatically when you crawl into stairs. I'm not sure what the logic for this scenario is but if I wanted to stand, I'd push the stand button...

I've been mentioning the automatically-goes-into-standing-stance-when-crawling-into-rubble or how a player stands automatically when you crawl into stairs. I'm not sure what the logic for this scenario is but if I wanted to stand, I'd push the stand button...

Yes, yes and YES ! I'd rather NOT be allowed to move than be forced to stand up ! Either there is a good reason for this or sloppy coding - I'd prefer to NOT be allowed to move, and rethink a route instead of standing up and exposing myself to enemy fire TYVM.

I even made a video (on current stable branch) with the intention to post it on feedback tracker --->
but I guess they're on it.
Excellent video ! That's the reason because I don't play Arma3 anymore :(