It's a fantastic Ragdoll-animation combination that works flawlessly with movement.

Anyhow though, there's a glitch that's probably been around since the beginnings, and i probably should have reported it sooner. When ever someone dies, next to any object, that object falls over. Hugging a tree, gets shot in the face, the tree falls over as well as the player/AI. My best guess, (knowing nothing about coding) is when the player dies that close to an object, the kill script counts for objects near by as well. Needs a fix, kinda silly how much stuff falls over when a guy gets shot. A 170 pound soldier shouldn't knock over a massive tree upon death.

Added: Grenade indicator changes color while a character is preparing the grenade for throwing

A hint about a new grenade system?!?

Edited by R3vo

A hint about a new grenade system?!?

Or it just changes the indicator colour during the throw anim :)

I would much prefer to just hope for what you're saying though haha.

I've just tried it, and I can't see a difference.

I've just tried it, and I can't see a difference.

When you're about to throw another grenade of the same kind the text turns red while you "reload".

@Jezuro

Hey Man, I'm doing mission making and and noticed the disappearance of the skirmish modules. I really needed the Dynamic Spawn Module, is there any way I could use this in a different module/script?

Thanks in advance,

TomusGilbert

@TomusGilbert

Hello, unfortunately the development of these modules has been discontinued more than two years ago, you can find the motivation behind this here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152866-General-Discussion-%28dev-branch%29&p=2402360&viewfull=1#post2402360

As an alternative, you can use the Sites system, for example.

What is the purpose of the Environment - > Weather module? It seems to do nothing. All relevant settings are changed from the mission Intel menu.

What is the purpose of the Environment - > Weather module? It seems to do nothing. All relevant settings are changed from the mission Intel menu.

I believe it's more for Zeus usage but can be used to trigger weather effects later in a mission

I'm trying to narrow down if the issue is on my end or the latest (Monday's) update...

AI aircraft seem to really have issues dropping on laser targets now. I still need to do some more testing, so I'm wondering if others are noticing any issues. So far this is what I've found:

Map: Fallujah. Will try Vanilla, but the issue seems to get worse over several hours, so it's tough to test.

-(BLUFOR) Predator (or whatever it's called) will lock onto it's own laser energy, but I never get a diamond for the drop. If I release a bomb as I'm approaching the target (with no diamond), the bomb either falls short or long as if it's getting no guidance from the laser energy.

-AI airplanes seem to struggle to engage lased targets with GBUs. By the end of a play session in the editor over the course of several hours (thanks to dinner), sometimes targets would be engaged, but by the end, almost no targets would be engaged.

This was with a BLUFOR player, BLUFOR laser designator, and BLUFOR plane (multiple). Anyone else having any issues?

In the changelog entry regarding the fix/removal of the "recompile=1;" workaround it's said that "only root functions" will accept the precompile property.

What is a root function?

I'm getting a lot of spam like this in the latest dev build:

2:05:07 a3\data_f_curator\misc\lightning2.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
2:05:07 a3\data_f_curator\misc\lightning2.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
2:05:26 Generating ST on the fly is very slow

Animations of kneel sprint for unarmed / binoculars in hand

Sound bug

Is it just me, or do the new running animations seem... idk. Too scripted looking. Un natural? Anyone?

Just a question, is there any significant optimizations we can expect in the near future(2015) because to be honest it's been a while we have seen performance increase in the game.

Maybe the limit has been reached and we shouldn't have any expectations regarding better performance.

Maybe the limit has been reached and we shouldn't have any expectations regarding better performance.

As long as we actively work on Arma 3 (which is quite a while yet), we'll always look for opportunities to optimize. However, it's not realistic to expect sudden massive jumps. Rather, we'll likely find many smaller performance gains that all contribute to a smoother game. Some optimizations only target specific hardware, software, etc. Recent focus has been on networking messages and multiplayer scripting. That can help server performance a lot under some conditions, but does not suddenly make all servers run perfectly. Low-level optimizations are risky, and sometimes backfire, as we've seen with some of our updates. There are investigations and improvements in our road map that can help across the board, but we will not know until we get them done.

Edited by DnA

As long as we actively work on Arma 3 (which is quite a while yet), we'll always look for opportunities to optimize. However, it's not realistic to expect sudden massive jumps. Rather, we'll likely find many smaller performance gains that all contribute to a smoother game. Some optimizations only target specific hardware, software, etc. Recent focus has been on networking messages and multiplayer scripting. That can help server performance a lot under some conditions, but does not suddenly make all servers run perfectly. Low-level optimizations are risky, and sometimes backfire, as we've seen with some of our updates. There are investigations and improvements in our road map that can help across the board, but we will not know until we get them done.

Thank you for a quick answer DnA! I think you answered my question better than I expected :)

is it just me or new animation of walking was removed in today update ? :confused:

We'll be tweaking it as part of another data set, but it will return sooner or later :)

When will FFV from co-pilot seat return?

Unfortunately not in a close future.

There are some major problems with proper alpha sorting

Unfortunately not in a close future.

There are some major problems with proper alpha sorting

Think you mean, due to the large number of misfire incident. command has issued new saftey regulations for engagement from aerial transport . Had a guy shoot out the instruments almost killed a whole squad. Till further notice No shooting behind the white line or distracting pilot. That's an order soldier.

But on serious note, is there some plans of variations on walking animations ??? To make it look more natural?? Could it be?

Added: New samples for M134 minigun 7.62mm (Pawnee)

Sounds really good, will the other miniguns also get the new sound?

Since there's a lot of work being done on the animations right now, is there a chance this can be given some attention? Raising or lowering weapons is usually done frequently during combat. Yes, just like in RL I don't like to point guns at people (unless they're bad guys). And that means being able to quickly lower it and NOT have to endure a few steps of forced movement. Workarounds like coming to a stop first or using the step-over action are not a solution.