*snip*

I think it means that is the issue that has been fixed, not that that is now default behaviour.

I think it means that is the issue that has been fixed, not that that is now default behaviour.

It is default behaviour now.

It is default behaviour now.

Ah, then I agree with your previous post:

tumblr_m7bjr0xDHj1rbsctpo1_500.jpg

Isn't the old way supposed to be align right? That's what it was supposed to be changed back to I thought.

Isn't the old way supposed to be align right? That's what it was supposed to be changed back to I thought.

I suppose if you read from right to left this is not such a bad change after all.

DATA

• Fixed: Rabbit infestation on both islands

Other mil-sims could learn from this oft over looked natural problem. Although a 'Hunt' showcase could work as well. And please, no more m#thaflippen snakes in the muth@flippen towns!!

Other mil-sims could learn from this oft over looked natural problem. Although a 'Hunt' showcase could work as well. And please, no more m#thaflippen snakes in the muth@flippen towns!!

Other mil-sims? Never heard of such a thing.

So, now that we're getting rid of wildlife... No wait, seriously, why are you guys getting rid of wildlife? Do you have any idea how much un-seen animals there are around you right now? You wouldn't know unless you used thermals.

Other mil-sims? Never heard of such a thing.

So, now that we're getting rid of wildlife... No wait, seriously, why are you guys getting rid of wildlife? Do you have any idea how much un-seen animals there are around you right now? You wouldn't know unless you used thermals.

I counted 11 rabits within a 100m radius when I played saturday night. I can guarantee you there aren't that many rabits around me right now.

Also it's a waste of resources to have them in the first place. Anybody know of a method to fully disable the snakes/butterflies/rabbits/etc?

It's a shame the thinking on this is ' more is better'. Familiarity breeds contempt quicker than rabbits do. Any horror/sci fan can tell you that the trick to keeping things interesting is to not show it!

Imagine playing this game at 5000 hours and while diving encountering a shark! It's rarity that drives imagination and can literally hit the wonderment dopamine button so hard as to create a fan for life.

As said above, I've lived in a hole in the woods for a week and macheted thru rough jungles of Costa Rica encountering exactly zero snakes! Would prefer BI made rare animal models and locked them away in unbreakable code - hence ,keeping the magic.

Edited by froggyluv
cellbphoneblah

I counted 11 rabits within a 100m radius when I played saturday night. I can guarantee you there aren't that many rabits around me right now.

Also it's a waste of resources to have them in the first place. Anybody know of a method to fully disable the snakes/butterflies/rabbits/etc?

Great. So now no wild life... Just textured terrain, making it feel like there's no life but either mindless AI, or clients. Guess we should get rid of the fish too then, since no one uses the water anyway. (sarcasm)

Ok but more seriously, no there's probably not 11 rabbits around you. But there probably is some kind of animals somewhere near by. Depending on your geographical location. Anyhow though, its unnecessary to dull down a game. It's fine if there are snakes though, in tropical locations, you could have over 30 snakes in a 200 meters area near you at all times. There are, a lot of snakes and reptiles. in ArmA 3 though, i rarely see snakes anymore, so i don't have an issue with them. Rabbits show up on thermals more than anything else.

I hope they keep working on the animals. Game animals for hunting, survivor mods.

Mountable horses, pack-mules ..., remember they were playing with tamed dogs in dayz?

Rabbits show up on thermals more than anything else.

You are aware that this fix is in response to a recent bug that doubled the number of rabbits, right? They were everywhere. Wherever you stopped, there would be at least three rabbits visible in the immediate area at all times.

You are aware that this fix is in response to a recent bug that doubled the number of rabbits, right? They were everywhere. Wherever you stopped, there would be at least three rabbits visible in the immediate area at all times.

Lol, no. I had no idea it was a double rabbit bug. However upon seeing the changeling I figured that something of that sort was the case. Sounds hilarious. Speaking of which, I highly suggest a built in feature where wildlife doesn't spawn much near big towns, cities, urban areas. But out in the countryside more and what not. And not just rabbits and snakes, but other fitting wildlife available in game.

I think it would be less annoying if the animals run away from threats. Eg. Enemy sneak in the grass, the rabbits run away and you know something is there.

Same would be applicable for births if they land somewhere.

I think it would be less annoying if the animals run away from threats. Eg. Enemy sneak in the grass, the rabbits run away and you know something is there.

Great idea, then animals have gameplay functions rather than just decoration now.

Interesting but I guess that this will have a negative impact on performance.

Interesting but I guess that this will have a negative impact on performance.

I don't think a basic AI whose only function would be to scatter when the player is nearby or fires his gun would have much effect on performance.

Right now, animals are completely broken in this game (dog, goat, and chicken animations freeze after a few seconds), so I hope the devs can afford some time to fix it at least.

I don't think a basic AI whose only function would be to scatter when the player is nearby or fires his gun would have much effect on performance.

Right now, animals are completely broken in this game (dog, goat, and chicken animations freeze after a few seconds), so I hope the devs can afford some time to fix it at least.

Snakes are immobile same as chickens, which is probably why there appear to be less of them.

More worryingly, Goats and Sheep are totally invisible (at least in SP, haven't checked other modes), all you can see are their shadows.

Getting animals to scatter or indeed move anywhere or in any way other than their FSM dictates is (was) very difficult as they don't respond very well to the usual AI movement commands.

The freelook when pressing left alt has become very sluggish. Head movement continue long after mouse movement has stopped. Like there is some acceleration/smoothing crap on.

I usually use TrackIR so it's not a big deal, but it didn't used to be like that?

don't have time to track or search this, messing about earlier with remote designator. I could only get the remote designator to "lock turret" using left control and T, once another designator was set up too. if i tried doing this with only one remote designator set up, as soon as I released remote, the turret would spin to another position.

anyone else used this maybe I'm doing wrong.

in fact if I pack up the other remote designator, the locked turret uav one unlocks and spins.

don't have time to track or search this, messing about earlier with remote designator. I could only get the remote designator to "lock turret" using left control and T, once another designator was set up too. if i tried doing this with only one remote designator set up, as soon as I released remote, the turret would spin to another position.

anyone else used this maybe I'm doing wrong.

in fact if I pack up the other remote designator, the locked turret uav one unlocks and spins.

When it first came out I had a similar issue. When using lock turret, it didn't work, and spins off and looks at what ever it wants to. But eventfully if I keep moving it back, it will stay where I want it to. That's after 30 minutes of fiddling with a Camera that refuses to look where it's supposed to. Toggling Autonomous also has no effect.