They were usually weekly going up til the Marksmen update, but as per the latest one the focus of v1.44 will be bringing about the latest BattlEye implementation, while vanilla-content-wise, the rest of the year is "solidifying our road map for the Expansion. The various departments are generating asset wishlists, analyses and concept art, beginning feature feasibility studies, creating prototypes, and of course, supporting production of the new terrain. After this planning stage has concluded, we'll be sharing what we can in a blog. Most details and specifics on the Expansion will not be discussed until the second half of the year however."

Ahhh, i remember now. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Sigh, i guess it's that nice feeling inside when you get information about progress every week. it's almost got a tingling effect. Lol, anyhow.

No Sitrep today? Man... Am I the only one who gets a little stressed out when that happens?

People read them? :rolleyes: Don't worry, it's being spammed today - we suffered a power / Internet outage yesterday.

People read them? :rolleyes: Don't worry, it's being spammed today - we suffered a power / Internet outage yesterday.

I read them EVERYDAY. :bounce3:

Ahhh, i remember now. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Sigh, i guess it's that nice feeling inside when you get information about progress every week. it's almost got a tingling effect. Lol, anyhow.

Same here.It brighten my mood when I Read through SITREP.Operation section is my favorite part ^^

People read them?

I don't just read them, I make a whole routine around them! :) Usually involving a cup of tea!

People read them? :rolleyes:

Ain't no good day without a SITREP!

I don't just read them, I make a whole routine around them! :) Usually involving a cup of tea!

Same here, but with donut + coffee.

Back to Holosight: Then it's has a mistype in the item description, because it's says: Magnification: 1x-2x. Ticket: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23942

People read them?

I've never missed a single report since the Alpha... and I'm not exactly proud of it.

Added: buoyancy = 1 property for all models that use buoyancy (means all vehicles)

This was from yesterday and I didn't see any discussion or asks about it. What does this actually mean? Could we get driving on the water feature back?

Well, I've always insisted that Wednesday is a far more suitable day for the REPture. :cool:

The only reason I wake up on a Tuesday. XD

Something I've wanted to ask for a while, but seeing that the showcases are in the spotlight in this weeks SITREP I figured now is a good time - Any chance of seeing the Showcase scenarios updated with new content that's been available post arma 3 1.00? Talking about the lack of Kuma, Mora, Hellcat, Slammer UP, Wipeout, Neophron, DLC Choppers + DLC rifles

I know its not exactly a high priority, but its something that's always bugged me, showcases (imo) are supposed to be missions that let you play about with everything.

Something I've wanted to ask for a while, but seeing that the showcases are in the spotlight in this weeks SITREP I figured now is a good time - Any chance of seeing the Showcase scenarios updated with new content that's been available post arma 3 1.00? Talking about the lack of Kuma, Mora, Hellcat, Slammer UP, Wipeout, Neophron, DLC Choppers + DLC rifles

I know its not exactly a high priority, but its something that's always bugged me, showcases (imo) are supposed to be missions that let you play about with everything.

the new DLC weapons got their own debut. However, your right. There should be an update to each factions existing content, but it should come at a later date, like maybe after the Expansion, to prevent from having to update it twice or more times.

but it should come at a later date, like maybe after the Expansion, to prevent from having to update it twice or more times.

The thought did cross my mind, however we have had a steady drip feed of content in one form or another since release, with the expansion still a way off I'm guessing there's going to be a bit of a lull on the content front for a while. To me it seems like a good chance for people not working on the expansion to look back a bit and spit shine a few areas that have been a bit neglected.

Any chance of seeing the Showcase scenarios updated with new content that's been available post arma 3 1.00?

We have indeed been discussing this. As you point out, there are higher priorities. But we do still have new players joining the ranks, and I can also recommend re-playing the Showcases with the new mechanics. A likely starting point are the Faction Showcases. Whether we'll have time to get the content to the other showcases / campaign is not sure yet.

We have indeed been discussing this. As you point out, there are higher priorities. But we do still have new players joining the ranks, and I can also recommend re-playing the Showcases with the new mechanics. A likely starting point are the Faction Showcases. Whether we'll have time to get the content to the other showcases / campaign is not sure yet.

no distrespect but the showcases seriously dont take my attention. maybe putting some action in them would be good but now there's no reason to try them. just using the editor lets me see all the vehciles and weapons. i tried them once, noped out of there.

no distrespect but the showcases seriously dont take my attention. maybe putting some action in them would be good but now there's no reason to try them. just using the editor lets me see all the vehciles and weapons. i tried them once, noped out of there.

Agree on that, might also be because of the VR arsenal, the VR arsenal makes it possible to try out anything and people will do this faster as starting up the showcase.

I wouldend mind getting a challange in the showcases, like doing some "live fire drills" and maybe get a "reward" for it like a steam achievment or progress for 1 of the others. :)

Am I confusing showcases with something else. The uav, the ka and marksman missions all had action also the a10 sorry shit can't remember the in game code name groundhog close enough.

Anyway these were all cool night time one, few others so maybe I'm mistaking what yous are talking about showcases?.

Either way Wouldn't divert necessary resources to it, if I'm honest. Base game and expansion more important.. Launcher launcher.. Launcher... Must be an echo here, well I'm on the can.

The showcase we are talking about (and has lowest achievements) is the faction showcase, thats why the dev team is asking to try it out ;)

Can the Blackfoot tail rotor be given some duct tape, please?

As of now, if the speed is greater than 190-200 kph, you can just blow on right pedal and ATRQ rotor will be out. Should that ever be the case, given that it's fenestroned and should not be able to collide with anything?

Note that with AFM it's next to impossible to recover from blown ATRQ if you're out of speed

Edited by DarkWanderer

A random thought came to mind a few weeks ago... So, is there any chance of allowing players to actually use the Tempest Device? For example, you can place it somewhere, and then use it to cause a tremor. Or even level a certain area of structures, or take out lights? Or maybe this is going to far for something meant to be a prop. Not sure, but I mean, that is what it's used for, right?

A random thought came to mind a few weeks ago... So, is there any chance of allowing players to actually use the Tempest Device? For example, you can place it somewhere, and then use it to cause a tremor. Or even level a certain area of structures, or take out lights? Or maybe this is going to far for something meant to be a prop. Not sure, but I mean, that is what it's used for, right?

That's a nice idea, and as a matter of fact it's quite implementable via scripting. addAction + BIS_fnc_earthquake

A cool idea for a mission, or an addon

So, is there any chance of allowing players to actually use the Tempest Device? For example, you can place it somewhere, and then use it to cause a tremor. Or even level a certain area of structures, or take out lights? Or maybe this is going to far for something meant to be a prop. Not sure, but I mean, that is what it's used for, right?

I don't see what's going to stop you from scripting in anything you like, or your scenario demands. Destroy stuff within a given radius (maybe you can target something specific with onMapClick or what not...), induce camshake for units with decreasing effect at distance, etc... And as such, it might be indeed best that such a device (or similar assets; e.g. scud) does not come with a default action. Or at least this shouldn't be much of a problem.

Edited by ruebe

I've just noticed maxmem value from DEV launcher is settable up to 32 gb.. :confused:

Edited by ramius86

The beauty of The Device is that mission makers can say it is almost anything, from an earthquake machine to a nuclear bomb to a time machine. Giving it a default action to cause earthquakes would ruin that. Although I guess there could just be another version of it added to the editor, like Device (Earthquake). An earthquake module would be fun.

(btw I see alot of people calling it the Tempest Device. The device is The Device, Tempest (Device) is just the version of the Tempest truck that has the device on it)

Edited by 2nd Ranger