Again though, if they were going to have different animations for MGs and sniper rifles, those weapons should definitely be held low while running.

You know the AI actually hold their gun while running lower than players do. I guess the only reason players have their weapon so high while running is so that the camera can still see the gun in first person - that would also explain the weird-as running with pistol animation

But yes I agree they should be held lower

Edited by SomeSangheili

Fixed: Strange soldier neck glitch

Could the infamous neck stretching and twisting really be gone?

Fixed: Arm-shields of the AAF heavy vest to fit with BLUFOR / OPFOR

with camo for opfor?

Another suggestion for varying the running animations would be to make running with heavy weapons (MGs, sniper rifles) use the new animation, as it looks more 'rugged' and there is more weapon swaying, and let the other weapons use the old animation.

I'm supportive of this. The new running animation looks so weird when used with "regular" weapons. It seems to only fit the mmgs and snipers.

Wait, there are new animations? Did i miss something?

Yes, apparently you missed the new animations ;)

Yes, apparently you missed the new animations ;)

Well i did just get off vacation. They're on Dev Branch yeah?

Well i did just get off vacation. They're on Dev Branch yeah?

I assume so (I've missed them too as I haven't been on devbranch since the Marksman content hit stable). ;)

Yeah, that animation, it needs work... It looks good with the MMG's, i guess, but out of all the animations... not the walking one. Hehe. We need a more realistic walking animation, that also looks attractive, or as "bad ass" as the one hand Mr.McSwaggins. Something similar to this?

Or this one.

Idk, that new animation really doesn't fit too well with alot of current guns as someone else has stated.

Yeah, that animation, it needs work... It looks good with the MMG's, i guess, but out of all the animations... not the walking one. Hehe. We need a more realistic walking animation, that also looks attractive, or as "bad ass" as the one hand Mr.McSwaggins. Something similar to this?

Or this one.

Idk, that new animation really doesn't fit too well with alot of current guns as someone else has stated.

I think slowing the walk speed down by about 25% would go a long way to making it look more realistic. That sped up waddle is really ridiculous. If they wanted units walking faster they should have mocapped someone walking faster, not sped up the slow walk.

BI, out of all animations, please change the default walking animation. That sped up, one handed waddle swingy looks just off.

A dream would come true if we could swap between different slow walking animations by pressing the combat pace © button...

A dream would come true if we could swap between different slow walking animations by pressing the combat pace © button...

Couldn't agree more!

BI, out of all animations, please change the default walking animation. That sped up, one handed waddle swingy looks just off.

waiting for this since the Alpha xD

Why is it not like this... we can do it when jogging, why not walking too?

waiting for this since the Alpha xD

You mean after the first few weeks of Alpha. I'm certain there was a randomized walking animation back then, and was then taken away. No idea why.

Ha I been going on about this. Ruins immersion. have cool arma vids on YouTube, some look like movies then cue a squad walking exact same formation Hand waddle as laxemann put it. Boom ruined.

Does the Mk17 Holosight has 1x-2x magnification or it's a bug? Because the tooltip in the inventory says it has 2x.

You mean after the first few weeks of Alpha. I'm certain there was a randomized walking animation back then, and was then taken away. No idea why.

I don't recall that, but I've heard it mentioned a few times.

Does the Mk17 Holosight has 1x-2x magnification or it's a bug? Because the tooltip in the inventory says it has 2x.

It shouldn't have any magnification, should it?

Straight outta Eotech website

The Holographic Weapon Sight technology.These sights maximize the operator's peripheral vision, which guarantees faster target acquisition and gives the operator greater control in the engagement zone.

advantages:

Maximum situational awareness from true heads-up display and two eyes open shooting

Variety of reticle patterns to meet your shooting needs with the smallest, most precise dot in the industry

No magnification whatsoever.

Thought the 1x-2x was accounting for the ingame soldiers vision, his ability to zoom.

Played the new 'America's Army' and your soldier has no zoom on his vision.

Was alittle strange after playing arma for so long.

'cause America's soldiers can't focus their view :681:

'cause America's soldiers can't focus their view :681:

They don't need to..., they got the airforce.

No Sitrep today? Man... Am I the only one who gets a little stressed out when that happens?
They were usually weekly going up til the Marksmen update, but as per the latest one the focus of v1.44 will be bringing about the latest BattlEye implementation, while vanilla-content-wise, the rest of the year is "solidifying our road map for the Expansion. The various departments are generating asset wishlists, analyses and concept art, beginning feature feasibility studies, creating prototypes, and of course, supporting production of the new terrain. After this planning stage has concluded, we'll be sharing what we can in a blog. Most details and specifics on the Expansion will not be discussed until the second half of the year however."