Will the normal nato vests get updated with appropriate Magazine pouches at some point? Right now they still carry 556 magazines more appropriate for the AAF.

Has this been reported yet:

When switching the optics mode of a rifle from scoped to non-scoped the peripheral vision is blurred. A work around is to briefly switch out from optics.

Will the normal nato vests get updated with appropriate Magazine pouches at some point? Right now they still carry 556 magazines more appropriate for the AAF.

If this is to be done, please leave 556 pouch versions available. Otherwise you risk breaking a lot of re-texture addons and such where a 556 pouch is desired.

With respect to customizable vehicles/hidden selections: it would be lovely if the transport variants (opened and closed) of the Zamak, Tempest and HEMTT could hide that seating area/benches on the cargo area, s.t. we could actually put things there without clipping into that bench.

Actually there should probably be a proper command/switch for this, which would also enable/disable those additional seats for units.

That'd be super neat. :)

BIS I hope you keep the old running (with weapon raised) animation still in the game, and let the AI have a 50-50 chance of using each of the animations, for variety

This would mean that leaves would stop explosive projectiles completely, for example.

This seems like a better idea to me : Ticket 23876

Yeah, you're right about that. What you're suggesting seems like a good mechanic and I'd be very happy if BI could implement it like that

It seems not well supported bipods in all cases, has fix this?. :confused:

24-04-2015

EXE rev. 130502 (game)

th_7e035083-0afb-4bd3-891e-490b113740d8_zpsmu6y4ppy.jpg th_62368f34-1fd4-4a16-a575-1125de595366_zpsjp7lpoum.jpg th_149e860b-3171-423f-a304-18f4d2eb71fa_zpspcwkd6tj.jpg

I believe this will be refined over time, don't expect it to be perfect tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 12:54 ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 ----------

BIS I hope you keep the old running (with weapon raised) animation still in the game, and let the AI have a 50-50 chance of using each of the animations, for variety
'

I quickly changed to dev branch, but I couldn't spot any difference. So could you tell me, what exactly have they changed?

Fixed: Unarmed version of PO-30 Orca didn't have countermeasures

Yay :D

Changed: Minimal weight for an object to be sling loadable

I'm not sure I understand what this means, does it mean we'll be able to lift objects under a certain weight that weren't liftable before, or the opposite, being unable to lift small object that we could lift before ?

I'm not sure I understand what this means, does it mean we'll be able to lift objects under a certain weight that weren't liftable before, or the opposite, being unable to lift small object that we could lift before ?

The answers is more complicated - we have recently added possibility to carry more items, all the stuff with ThingX simulation to be precise, but sling loading extremely small items (e.g. a pen) is kind of strange, so we have added a threshold for the weight of objects :icon_twisted:

Alright ! Awesome ! Happy to know we'll be able to lift more diverse things :D

I quickly changed to dev branch, but I couldn't spot any difference. So could you tell me, what exactly have they changed?

The way the characters hold their primary weapons while jogging has changed very slightly. It's hardly noticable. Personally though, I think if they're going to change that animation, it should be so the weapon is held at more of a downward angle rather than basically straight out in front. It would look way more natural.

Agreed. movement animations overall need a little variety. wish the walking one with gun had more.

Light bug with flashlight/sunlight on the blood texture. You see on the first picture the right texture.

http://i.imgur.com/8Ck3mHX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5ED7FJE.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/image/ebcc96375240988

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17244

Blood texture opacity. BIS should keep it forced to 1 at all times. This is the easiest way instead of letting this bug live on for years.

I am experiencing lots of lod switching lately, though all relevant video settings are maxed, and my video card is fine enough. Video memory consumption stay below 2.3 GB.

Did anyone else notice that?

GTX 970 with 4GB VRAM, driver version 350.12

8GB RAM

I am experiencing lots of lod switching lately, though all relevant video settings are maxed, and my video card is fine enough. Video memory consumption stay below 2.3 GB.

8GB RAM

Have you tried to increase with -maxVRAM startup parameter? https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters

Have you tried to increase with -maxVRAM startup parameter? https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters

Thanks for the tip. It's better now, but I am not sure that the improvement is really related to maxVRam. I am suspecting that my system RAM was fragmented in the previous runs. I will test a bit more.

(And LOD flickering on trees and rocks is still annoying.)

@BI: It would be very interesting to know, how / based on which parameters the LOD switching algorithm is deciding when to switch between object LODs.

One factor is - the more objects of the same type are in the same area, the faster the switching.

(And the more objects in general, the earlier the switching)

8GB RAM

Any particular brand?

Have the g1 gaming. Might be able to test some

Any particular brand?

Have the g1 gaming. Might be able to test some

Mine is the Palit JetStream.

---------- Post added at 23:39 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------

8GB RAM

I have tested a bit more and the LOD switching seems to get worse when changing the sampling resolution.

Oddly, with sampling set to 200% the LOD switching is much less than at 150% or even 100%.

Another suggestion for varying the running animations would be to make running with heavy weapons (MGs, sniper rifles) use the new animation, as it looks more 'rugged' and there is more weapon swaying, and let the other weapons use the old animation.

Another suggestion for varying the running animations would be to make running with heavy weapons (MGs, sniper rifles) use the new animation, as it looks more 'rugged' and there is more weapon swaying, and let the other weapons use the old animation.

Liking your ideas.

And to oldy41 try using nvidia inspector.

Again though, if they were going to have different animations for MGs and sniper rifles, those weapons should definitely be held low while running.