I don't see how telekinesis through mouse interaction is different from instant keyboard presses. There's a lot of animations missing to be truly immersive, and not all actions require a stare to work.

True, it's not about animations though, TKOH didn't have animations, but the feel old looking around and interacting made all the difference in the world. I've had about 9 people ask me why the TKOH interaction wasn't in Arma, they got the demo just to test the interaction. But as you said, not every interaction comes from looking around an that's good, that helps because the things that require just presses of buttons can be that way, much already are. But having the fluent interaction like that of TKOH would only help solve the struggle of the almighty scroll menu. It would fix it, we'd never have to worry about trying to open a door an pressing heal, leaving you with your pants down for a solid 15 seconds so the enemy can catch up and do what they want with you. Instead, walk up to the door and press a key. That could be another key pressed interaction, and would fit seamlessly with something like the TKOH interaction.

About the interaction discussion:

It would be nice, if we could enable/disable Action Menu entries. It would remove some of the clutter, and for me personally, improve interaction imense.

For example, it has always bugged me, that I still have Eject, Get out, Start engine, reload, reload different magazine etc., even though I've got those binded to a keyboard key.

Problems with Zafir

Falling through the ground

Ticket

Edited by R3vo

Here is just an example.

It doesn't even have to be as detailed. It could just be Engine on, Light on, and such. Things like the new Open Ramp could be a button for the pilot/co-pilot while those in the ramp seats could still have the scroll option for the ramp, or by pressing a button. This kind of interaction really does boost immersion, and it fixes everything that is wrong with the scroll menu. Most things with the scroll menu is still just looking at things, like gates and such. But there is so much room for improvement. It's almost a golden solution. Execution of implementation is the only thing that can determine if it's a success, and seeing by the example video, how could it be bad? I can see it. It's worth deep consideration.

About the interaction discussion:

It would be nice, if we could enable/disable Action Menu entries. It would remove some of the clutter, and for me personally, improve interaction imense.

For example, it has always bugged me, that I still have Eject, Get out, Start engine, reload, reload different magazine etc., even though I've got those binded to a keyboard key.

Yep http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22477

- Weapon changing

- Get out

- Eject

- Engine on/off

- Turn in/out

- Lights on/off

- Auto-hover on/off

- Flaps up/down

- Gear up/down

- Open gear

- Rearm

- Change mags

etc.

And make that explosions and opening door doesn't happen from the same menu at all.

We don't need any of those in the action menu when everyone of them are possible from shortcuts and inventory. And we need shortcut for collision lights ;)

Yep http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22477

- Weapon changing

- Get out

- Eject

- Engine on/off

- Turn in/out

- Lights on/off

- Auto-hover on/off

- Flaps up/down

- Gear up/down

- Open gear

- Rearm

- Change mags

etc.

And make that explosions and opening door doesn't happen from the same menu at all.

We don't need any of those in the action menu when everyone of them are possible from shortcuts and inventory. And we need shortcut for collision lights ;)

- Re-Arming is fine to stay on the Scroll Menu.

- Auto Hover is too, for the noobs, you don't want them to panic and look around frantically for that, not like it'd be hard to find, but keeping it as simple as possible is the best way to do it.

- Eject can stay on the Scroll menu as well

- Change mags? Just press R...

- Turn in is already a Button Bind

For your collision lights and what not, same mod as before, already do-able with interaction. very smooth and immersive.

Thing is, the mod is dead, hasn't been updated or posted since like... early 2014. Over a year and a half since the OP even said anything, and there were a ton of people waiting for it, including myself. That was back in Alpha/Beta. If BIS looked into a TOKH approach to interaction, i could see an amazing reaction and feedback from the community, and many more. It's even something Dyslexi talked heavily about, made a big Youtube Rant about the scroll menu. This could be it, the big thing, an invention BI made themselves, are are kinda overlooking.

Here is just an example.

One of the things I miss when I fly as a gunner on a helicopter, I do not have the option to control the AI pilot with the menu Ordener.

Example: 1, 2, 3

Controlling the speed of flight, 75KH, 100, 150, etc etc. :smash:

Control the height of flight, ascend or descend. 100m, 150, 200, etc. :smash:

Check landings, I can not land in a particular area, IA lands where he thinks fit. :smash:

It is very fun to fly with AI as a pilot and gunner human, but lack a precise + control over the flight the pilot IA would perform. :)

I'd rather have a universal quickmenu (e.g. radial style) then this "look at button to press it" ... i dont want to see the icons constantly like in that mod, it kills the immersion, plus you have to painstakingly place them for every vehicle there is, if you create new vehicles. On Vehicles without interior you can't even do what he did.

One of the things I miss when I fly as a gunner on a helicopter, I do not have the option to control the AI pilot with the menu Ordener.

Example: 1, 2, 3

Controlling the speed of flight, 75KH, 100, 150, etc etc. :smash:

Control the height of flight, ascend or descend. 100m, 150, 200, etc. :smash:

Check landings, I can not land in a particular area, IA lands where he thinks fit. :smash:

It is very fun to fly with AI as a pilot and gunner human, but lack a precise + control over the flight the pilot IA would perform. :)

I know what you mean, expect I did this with a fixed wing mod. I had the AI as Pilot, I was Co-Pilot in a Texan II. It was fun because they fly however they feel, even getting very close to mountains and making you feel like your about to crash only to pull away at the last second. Then when landing time comes around, it's fairly smooth, if they don't land too short of the runway. AI have always been... interesting... When you set waypoints in game, you can't tell them how fast to go. Only in editor with waypoints can you do this.

AI have always been... interesting... When you set waypoints in game, you can't tell them how fast to go. Only in editor with waypoints can you do this.

It is ironic that you can controll drones way better then "actual human" AI

-[...] Re-Arming is fine to stay on the Scroll Menu.

- Auto Hover is too, for the noobs, you don't want them to panic and look around frantically for that, not like it'd be hard to find, but keeping it as simple as possible is the best way to do it. [...]

It should be completely optional or customiseable. The player should decide what stays in his menu and what not.

It should be completely optional or customiseable. The player should decide what stays in his menu and what not.

Ok, i can agree with this. That's a major plus.

---------- Post added at 16:30 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

It is ironic that you can controll drones way better then "actual human" AI

TRUTH! I love drones when ever i get the chance to use them, which is rare, but it's so smooth now. However... still no word on hacking terminals... Maybe it's a secret.

Saw the line in today's sitrep about taking attachments from weapons on the ground, and I also remember reading it in a dev changelog a while back. How do you do this? I've never been able to figure it out.

EDIT: Disregard that. I just got it to work. Oddly enough, I had been doing it right all along with double clicking the weapon, but it would show up blank. Then I detached the sight on my weapon and tried it again and suddenly it worked.

Edited by supercereal4

Saw the line in today's sitrep about taking attachments from weapons on the ground, and I also remember reading it in a dev changelog a while back. How do you do this? I've never been able to figure it out.

You open the inventar of a dead boy, and click on his weapon, then choose the tab "optics?!?"

EDIT: Disregard that. I just got it to work. Oddly enough, I had been doing it right all along with double clicking the weapon, but it would show up blank. Then I detached the sight on my weapon and tried it again and suddenly it worked.

For me it only works with dead bodies. I can't 'open' the weapon menu of a weapon that is inside a crate or a vehicle.

The reticle on the AMS is too thick. When zooming in, it blocks out a lot from the picture at medium distance.

There has been no other change in simulation :icon_twisted:

Are there any plans to upgrade TankX to be able to be propelled forward in water? As it is now, 50% of the CUP vehicles are sitting ducks (literally) when they go into water. I know this feature is not required by vanilla content, but it would be really nice to see an AAVP or a BMP-2 that could actually use their nautical abilities.

Are there any plans to upgrade TankX to be able to be propelled forward in water? As it is now, 50% of the CUP vehicles are sitting ducks (literally) when they go into water. I know this feature is not required by vanilla content, but it would be really nice to see an AAVP or a BMP-2 that could actually use their nautical abilities.

We have the same problem in Swedish Forces Pack. I also know RHS Escalation is being held back by this problem. Add CUP to that, and you see there are some pretty major addons that are affected by this. Would be nice to see a fix from the devs, even if vanilla content don't require it.

@ Alwarren Any noticeable change following the latest dev branch update?

It is on our list of things to investigate their feasibility, we think it may be possible to do that, but I cannot promise anything until we know for sure (and dev branch users would know too by that time) :icon_twisted:

performance not important lol

Hubert you have mods running, I know original bench you did had running but changes made with dlc could have adverse affects on the performance of these mods.

Run without mods.