The Recent server list filter needs to be more organized. As of now it shows you every sever you joined since pretty much ever. It would be great if your most recent server showed up first on the list and remained at the top no matter what. It's kinda messy.

Would a dev possibly like to clarify this statement in spotrep #00040:

Changed: DrawIcon3d now takes one more parameter - DrawSideArrows

I assume (hope) it means that 3d icons that are out of the player's FOV will have an arrow displayed on the relevant edge of the screen. However I can't find anything in the documentation

It is broken anyway http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23700

make motion blur a separate feature please, so we can turn it off without sacrificing bloom and shadowing, thanks

What? Can't we do that already? Or have I missed something?

I have watched the

video. Now i'm curious that the Blackfoot, Kajman, Hellcat gunner view should't be the same in the vanilla? I mean we have these for UAV's. Why we don't have for the other capable vehicles?

What? Can't we do that already? Or have I missed something?

You just quoted a 2 years old comment from the first page ;)

His good friend doc brown brought him here.

How do others feel marksman dlc release went?

ahahahaha! lol, I was so sure I clicked the last page! Guess I was a bit too tired :o

on the bright side, case closed about the motion blur issue ;)

The splendid camera is bit unstable. At least if player is driving vehicle or recently been in vehicle, you can enter the camera mode in esc-menu but cant exit it. It stucks in to exit confirmation dialog and only way is to ALT+F4. That is giving much trouble if wanting e.g to record clips for YouTube video. Player can be easily moved around map but with AI team-mates the setpos-command can break the AI. Wishing to see fix, that mode is very nice. ;)

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23680

I have watched the
video. Now i'm curious that the Blackfoot, Kajman, Hellcat gunner view should't be the same in the vanilla? I mean we have these for UAV's. Why we don't have for the other capable vehicles?

I agree so much. With UAV's currently, it's a pain to look around and what not until you lock a position. It would be great if all those 2035 camera systems worked like they should, like how ACE has already shown. Went from the Battlefield 4 style gunship Camera to how it is in real life.

Minor annoyance: if you go prone, it would be nice if the game could remember whether you had your weapon lowered or not. Currently you will raise your weapon, no matter what, after you go from prone back to kneeling or standing.

I have watched the

I agree with us. With the desync sometimes it's impossible to hit something as a gunner.

Added: Amphibious vehicles have proper gearbox for water movement

For what? tankX? carX? Everything?

I'm really curious too. Did they fix the problems with amphibious tankX, or is this something else?

Current amphibious vehicles (AMV, Marid, Gorgon and Strider) have the amphibious gearbox set and working for example like this:

AmphibiousRatios[] = {"R1",-30,"N",0,"D1",50};

There has been no other change in simulation :icon_twisted:

How do I reproduce? (where does it happen, how, why)

1. Everything is in the video (just put RCO or ARCO scope and deploy the weapon). 2. Falling through the ground happens in random places.

Exploit!

Edited by Danil-ch

Current amphibious vehicles (AMV, Marid, Gorgon and Strider) have the amphibious gearbox set and working for example like this:

AmphibiousRatios[] = {"R1",-30,"N",0,"D1",50};

There has been no other change in simulation :icon_twisted:

If I may ask:

What was the history of that config? Is there a bug where an amphibious gearbox is needed?

If I may ask:

What was the history of that config? Is there a bug where an amphibious gearbox is needed?

It's a new config property. The main issue is that there was no gearbox setting before and that resulted in backwards movement being faster than forward, it is possible to set it now. Just beware, the ratios are final, not multiplied by the TransmissionRatios :icon_twisted:

It's a new config property. The main issue is that there was no gearbox setting before and that resulted in backwards movement being faster than forward, it is possible to set it now. Just beware, the ratios are final, not multiplied by the TransmissionRatios :icon_twisted:

Thanks.

Oh: And thanks for responding that quick explaining stuff like that.

A few on-going interaction improvements have started to trickle into the game in 1.42. These are part of a larger effort to tackle core interaction mechanisms. Because they are so deeply rooted, it's going to take a while before we can really push them broadly. We don't intent to change default bindings until we can solve the collateral effects. Senior Designer Shobhan Roy expands: "The establishment of a top-secret Research and Development division has led an initiative to explore and improve the core player experience of Arma 3. An investigation into interaction has us first taking aim at the keyboard. New weapon switching actions have been added, allowing players to bind their infantry weapons to any key they desire. To increase the number of available options, we have also unlocked almost all hardcoded controls to better support this technology. Quickly switching to your pistol in a tight spot is no longer a thing of the past and you can also use these keys to switch firing mode too. But this is just the beginning! We are currently working on bringing this technology to vehicles as well, and expect to continue improving interaction on the whole to be Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger. Stay tuned."

About this. Setting a ton of interactions through keyboard can become confusing when you have a lot of controls. Throw mods into the mix, and you have a problem when in Vanilla, your rest key becomes holster key, for example would cause you to deploy, un-deploy, and out your weapon away. Then there are those who are forgetful.

So, what I want to know, is if you guys at BI would think about bringing back your best interaction from a previous game? Remember TKOH? I bet, and the interaction menu in that was better than any Arma game. You simply hop into a hunter for example, look to the ignition, and start it, from inside. The thing with this kind of interaction, is it would take only one key bind to interact. Instead of using the scroll menu to press engine on, you would be able to look at the ignition with the icon, and press your interaction key. For helicopters you could hop in, and do the same, maybe look at the Brake Off key in order to allow you to start Taxiing the runway. You can see that this way of interaction would be far more Intuative, something similar has come about with the Action Button mod, but it's not as fluent as the one you guys made in TKOH. My question is, would you guys consider bringing back that feature in a better way to enhance interaction in Arma once and for all? It really is the ultimate solution, it's not cluttered, the icons are easy to understand, going first person shouldn't be a problem, you designed the interiors of vehicles so well, no one would mind about half a second to actually interact with there vehicle, make it feel like they're actually turning on the vehicle.

About this. Setting a ton of interactions through keyboard can become confusing when you have a lot of controls. Throw mods into the mix, and you have a problem when in Vanilla, your rest key becomes holster key, for example would cause you to deploy, un-deploy, and out your weapon away. Then there are those who are forgetful.

So, what I want to know, is if you guys at BI would think about bringing back your best interaction from a previous game? Remember TKOH? I bet, and the interaction menu in that was better than any Arma game. You simply hop into a hunter for example, look to the ignition, and start it, from inside. The thing with this kind of interaction, is it would take only one key bind to interact. Instead of using the scroll menu to press engine on, you would be able to look at the ignition with the icon, and press your interaction key. For helicopters you could hop in, and do the same, maybe look at the Brake Off key in order to allow you to start Taxiing the runway. You can see that this way of interaction would be far more Intuative, something similar has come about with the Action Button mod, but it's not as fluent as the one you guys made in TKOH. My question is, would you guys consider bringing back that feature in a better way to enhance interaction in Arma once and for all? It really is the ultimate solution, it's not cluttered, the icons are easy to understand, going first person shouldn't be a problem, you designed the interiors of vehicles so well, no one would mind about half a second to actually interact with there vehicle, make it feel like they're actually turning on the vehicle.

I don't see how telekinesis through mouse interaction is different from instant keyboard presses. There's a lot of animations missing to be truly immersive, and not all actions require a stare to work.

I don't see how telekinesis through mouse interaction is different from instant keyboard presses. There's a lot of animations missing to be truly immersive, and not all actions require a stare to work.

Agreed.

I play a lot of flight sims and interactive cockpit becomes yet another layer of gui between you and the game/sim.

Anything that's important enough to warrant pressing quickly is slaved off to a button rather than fiddling around finding it in the cockpit and clicking on it with a mouse.

Simulating the minutiae of a button you will most likely only ever press once in a mission is excessive imo.