Question: is there some kind of timeout/max. time allowed to remaing in the loading screen (by means of startLoadingScreen/endLoadingScreen)?

I'm doing some (algorithm) benchmarking, but if I run longer tests (for which I don't need any "simulation"), at some point it just kicks me out of the loading screen and right into the game, enabling simulation and what not... which of course then messes up my lovely numbers. :(

There are no sleeps, waitUntils or anything the like, and endLoadingScreen certainly hasn't been reached yet either. So... is this some kind of "feature" (to prevent getting stuck on a loading screen in case of errors or something)? And is there any possibility to tell ArmA that I know what the heck I'm doing (not really though)? :p

EDIT: Granted, I was being silly and didn't put a finishMissionInit there... yet, the problem remains: the mission begins prematurely, while stuff is still being calculated and endLoadingScreen hasn't been reached. Couldn't this lead to all sorts of problems?!

Support ticket opened: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23562

Edited by ruebe

Are you being facetious? Is your comment meant to be funny? Since RHS won MANW, I would think that BI cares about such crashing with the RC. Are you saying that the crashes are strictly an RHS problem, not an RC problem? It's quite true that Escalation is not guaranteed to work on non-stable A3 builds...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184842-RHS-Escalation-(AFRF-and-USAF)-Release-0-3-6-(UPDATED)&p=2914065&viewfull=1#post2914065

Why would BIS be responsible for crashes caused by RHS?

Are you being facetious? Is your comment meant to be funny? Since RHS won MANW, I would think that BI cares about such crashing with the RC. Are you saying that the crashes are strictly an RHS problem, not an RC problem? It's quite true that Escalation is not guaranteed to work on non-stable A3 builds...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184842-RHS-Escalation-(AFRF-and-USAF)-Release-0-3-6-(UPDATED)&p=2914065&viewfull=1#post2914065

I sure hope it was supposed to be funny, because I laughed my arse off.

BI can't develop their patches with every single mod in mind (regardless of whether they won a forgone conclusion or not). Of course wholesale changes to back-end code etc is going to cause issues, and with this in mind I don't find it strange that the last two major updates (1.38/1.40 and the pending 1.42) have caused massive issues with some mods - including RHS's CTDs. It certainly doesn't warrant a bug report in an official thread when the issue is clearly with the mods in question (in this case RHS).

In summary, this:

Edited by Jackal326

Nobody said they are. I guess I should have posted about the crashes in the RHS thread, as I wouldn't have had to read Hladik's snarky, confusing comment in which he is apparently dissing RHS by implying they won't fix the crash problem until the next ice age. But at least I managed to waste a little of Jackal326's time he spent writing his useless post. :)

Nobody said they are. I guess I should have posted about the crashes in the RHS thread, as I wouldn't have had to read Hladik's snarky, confusing comment in which he is apparently dissing RHS by implying they won't fix the crash problem until the next ice age. But at least I managed to waste a little of Jackal326's time he spent writing his useless post. :)

Calm down, man, no need to go personal on this. Our programmers actually spent some time on the public holiday day investigating the issue and it may be possibly fixed in the dev branch today by adding another layer of security just to be sure. Seeing Dr. Hladik replying to a thread usually means that he had already dispatched his top men on the cause, but cannot guarantee the success :icon_twisted:

Well pardon me all over the place for pointing out your apparent inability to grasp whether an error with an addon is BI's problem or not. Next time I'll simply leave you in a haze of confusion wandering around complaining about something to someone who has no control over the situation. I'm guessing you're not CWR's PR guy, or their intelligence gatherer...

Edited by Jackal326

24 hours before release, should we expect to see this/other kinds of bipod related animation bugs in the official version ?

BTW- Arma 3 crashes everytime I start it since the latest dev branch update, anyone else having the same issue? (running the game with no mods)

zafir bullet still show 7.62x51 when u look at the ammo belt..

24 hours before release, should we expect to see this/other kinds of bipod related animation bugs in the official version ?

BTW- Arma 3 crashes everytime I start it since the latest dev branch update, anyone else having the same issue? (running the game with no mods)

It's already marked as fixed in the feedback tracker.

My game crashes pretty much every time I close it after a MP session.

Tweaked: Various improved interior tails

what is mean?

In today's dev build, the M320 Camo has a botched model.cfg. The muzzle flash is always visible, and none of the animations work.

Dear developers of Arma 3, would be possible the "No entry ....." kind of errors handled in other way?(i'm really angry now)

I know that the DLC is almost released, but we would happy if you disable the pupup dialog and put the message into the chat/log instead.

The dialog take away the user input and sh*t happens. Which makes players angry!

Example:

It's more interesting if you transport friendly units into the zone(+6 unit) and you get this message during the landing. Or you facing with enemy and you got popup just before you pull the trigger.

There are a lot of causes for the "no entry config\bin" error, like scripts trying to spawn weapons or magacines with the wrong name, or poorly done addon configs(sadly there are really few addon makers that really care to have a clean config). But that case in particular its BI fault, and this issue have been in arma at least since A2.

I was bored and reported it, its easy to reproduce and should be easy to fix( or at least easy to workaround):

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23544

(I used your video as example, i hope you don't mind)

About disabling the notification in normal branch... i am personally against it. It annoys people and does nothing for them? totally true, and i totally understand that point of view, BUT that way users knows there is an error and can pressure addon makers to fix it. As i said, there is a lot of "if it seems to work then the addon its perfect" around addon making( O god, just look at your RPT after loading some mods... the RPT before and after loading and addon should be the same, unless it uses diag_log), and disabling any kind of error reporting only makes it worse. But again, its just my personal opinion, and i know my reasoing behind it its a bit weird, but whatever, i stick with it :D... for a future with a clean RPT, for your kids! :D

Is the new stance indicator a bit big?

O2jYxua.jpg

I liked the first iteration better. :(

Well, too late now to change for 1.42 I guess. Needs some getting used to.

It's already marked as fixed in the feedback tracker.

It was fixed for 1.38(?). But with the new parallax effects for some scopes it's back again.

Afaik it's still an issue.

Is the new stance indicator a bit big?

http://i.imgur.com/O2jYxua.jpg

I liked the first iteration better. :(

Well, too late now to change for 1.42 I guess. Needs some getting used to.

Presumably it was enlargened to ensure that the resting/deploying indicator stood out more.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23544

About disabling the notification in normal branch... i am personally against it.

Thank you for the ticket. You are right, but they should change the way of the notification. The dialog is a terrible solution, because it's take away the control from the user. Hint or message in the global chat would be much better! :)

Thank you for the ticket. You are right, but they should change the way of the notification. The dialog is a terrible solution, because it's take away the control from the user. Hint or message in the global chat would be much better! :)

Yes, nothing like flying a heli full of people and this message pops up locking you out of control till you click it off screen.

---------- Post added at 20:23 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

Is it just me or is marksman release perhaps too soon. Could do with wee bit more time in the oven.