did anyone succeed with implementing magazine groups? seems it's not working for sample weapons too. (tested on 1.42RC)

I gave it a shot for a few builds after it was pushed on the dev branch, but I couldn't get it to work either.

The decision you've made is completely fine. Adding new functionality for proper zeroing when the weapon is not leveled correctly, would only make the game unecessarily difficult, especially for new players. People should finally let they real life expertise on the gun range and accept that this is a game, which cannot, in any way, be realistic at every aspect.

I agree with this reasoning, the game can not represent 100% realism at all. :argue: :nono: :bye:

did anyone succeed with implementing magazine groups? seems it's not working for sample weapons too. (tested on 1.42RC)

I tried just after it was first released on dev-branch. I could not get it to work then. Haven't tried since.

Added: Adjustable bipod legs

Wow! :)

/KC

Screenshot

The starting positions for the trajectory lines, seem to be wrong, no clue how accurate this can be.

If it's what i think it is , then i wonder how it is working ingame

Is there a key or something?

Screenshot

The starting positions for the trajectory lines, seem to be wrong, no clue how accurate this can be.

That's definitely a issue - what zeroing was set?

bullet should go out from the muzzle , not from the optic lol

Screenshot

This has been bothering me for a while, but after some testing I came to the conclusion that the lines are slightly offset from the real path of the projectile. The projectile itself originates from where you would expect it, which is the barrel memory points.

Also new issue with with Swim suits/rebreathers and with the Survival Fatigue > http://imgur.com/a/ezuEm

That's the new style, like sagged pants (no offense) :P

Edit: I'll make a quick test, if the starting point of the trajectory lines changes with the zeroring. Zeroing has no effect, even without optics, the starting point is the same. It also effects other weapons.

This has been bothering me for a while, but after some testing I came to the conclusion that the lines are slightly offset from the real path of the projectile.

They are. Try e.g. firing at a shallow angle at a surface very close to you and the ricocheted bullet will draw a direct line from your gun instead of a line cranked at the surface.

entirely useless? thats gross hyperbole.

i used the bipods a lot and they were just fine beforehand. I play the same game and experienced the same problems. you can find flatter ground, it just takes a little looking for the right place to set up. the ability to extend bipod legs, or posiiton them would be great but not this auto flat.

It's not hyperbole. I have been sniping on what I thought was perfectly flat ground, but my shots were still off by ~40cm at a range of 1500 meters. There's simply no way to properly tell whether or not your weapon is level because we just don't have a bubble level. And 40 centimeters off target can ruin the "one shot, one kill" mantra which, in my opinion, does make the bipods useless.

Apparently we have "adjustable bipods" now though, so I'll test that later. All I can say for now is that I approve of BI's solution.

Video

It seems AI is able to dematerialise to move through objects and materilise again afterwards.

I've noticed this issue more often lately, AI sometimes even walks through whole metal sheds and vehicles. (unfortunately no video available)

This has been bothering me for a while, but after some testing I came to the conclusion that the lines are slightly offset from the real path of the projectile. The projectile itself originates from where you would expect it, which is the barrel memory points.
They are. Try e.g. firing at a shallow angle at a surface very close to you and the ricocheted bullet will draw a direct line from your gun instead of a line cranked at the surface.

that's 2 different things... what you mention is because the projectile gets tracked with a finite precision (less accurate then the real calculation apparently). If there is something between 2 tracking points, it gets omitted because the resolution isnt there.

What Brisse mentioned is that, apparently, bullets are fired from the viewpoint position of the handweapon, instead of the real muzzle. This is not a tracer line offset, because you can see it very clearly if you change the zeroing distance on a bullet with fairly large bullet drop (smg etc). The angle changes, and pivots around the viewpoint it seems.

Edited by Fennek

The angle changes, and pivots around the viewpoint it seems.

They start at the 'konec hlavne' memory point (or whatever point is defined with the muzzleEnd parameter in the config). It's usually located at the weapon chamber because it's also used to generate gunsmoke particles from the ejection port.

The 'usti hlavne' (otherwise defined with the muzzlePos parameter) is normally located at the end of the muzzle (mem point is also used to generate the other particles from the muzzle). The axis of the line between these two points is used to determine the direction in which the bullets will be fired from the weapon - effectively it's the boreline axis of the barrel.

However, zeroing adds an elevation angle to the axis between 'konec hlavne' and 'usti hlavne', so rounds will end up above the physical model of the barrel if you trace them from their initialisation point at 'konec hlavne'.

But as oukej says, there's also the issue with the tracer script that the positions aren't exact - it only draws lines averaged between positions sampled in certain frames at set distances. if you run the game with acctime 0.01 you see the line building in blocks.

Edited by da12thMonkey

Anyone notice today's DEV build has long range gunshots way way too quite. Gunshots are silenced beyond 400m.

There was some arcadey dope complaining yesterday on feedback that he was crying that his sniper rifle's sound could still be heard at 1km. BOO HOO! Now the game is messed up the next build.

Anyone notice today's DEV build has long range gunshots way way too quite. Gunshots are silenced beyond 400m.

There was some arcadey dope complaining yesterday on feedback that he was crying that his sniper rifle's sound could still be heard at 1km. BOO HOO! Now the game is messed up the next build.

I've noticed this too. Shots seem to have changed and ca only be heard at close distances, which is super weird.

Just fired up the Dev Branch to play with the bipods and found quite a lot of weirdness within the first 10 minutes. Firstly, whilst the bipod is deployed, my trackir head movements are tracked, and the scope moves around as if I were aiming it- only it's not moving at all. Simply put, head movements are still registered as happening and moves my 'scope' vision whilst the real scope remains stationary. Secondly, all key-bindings to my pedals are not functioning within the game. Whilst the button presses are registered in the options menu when I attempted to rebind, during the game they are not. I use my left pedal for Stance Adjust and my right to toggle temporary walking, but neither actually triggered whilst controlling my character.

sometimes the character's eyes blink and sometimes not is a bug? if i remember well each 15/16 seconds need to blink (sorry i don't know if blink is correct verb, i mean open and close quickly the eyes)

However, zeroing adds an elevation angle to the axis between 'konec hlavne' and 'usti hlavne', so rounds will end up above the physical model of the barrel if you trace them from their initialisation point at 'konec hlavne'.

But as oukej says, there's also the issue with the tracer script that the positions aren't exact - it only draws lines averaged between positions sampled in certain frames at set distances. if you run the game with acctime 0.01 you see the line building in blocks.

Yes zeroing changes the angle, but the original position where it starts is also above the muzzle (sometimes outside the body). I rechecked ingame, because the tracer always shows above the actual muzzle position (vanilla and my custom weapons). It appears that the tracer line is about 5cm higher then the actual firing position. If you walk very close to a wall (muzzle almost touching the wall) you can see that the impact location and the tracer dont link up, the projectile is properly positioned however. I was wrong.

I noticed two issue with the MX MG.

1. Fire mode is set to single fire when you take one out of a ammo box.

2. Weapon has got a 30rnd mag instead of a 100 rnd mag, even though the model clearly shows a 100rnd magazine.

Edited by R3vo

@R3vo

1. Cannot confirm, the MX SW is always set to full auto for me, from VA or when picking it up from a crate.

2. Compare the magazine with the one in a MX, it's much wider and also slightly longer and could easily hold 100 rounds in three rows.

Editz: 5.56 mm 100 round mag

But since we're bringing up random stuff, I use the "Tactical pace 3 secs" option, the problem is: it doesn't activate tactical pace for 3 secs! Ticket #9392

Edited by bonham
added image & random ticket

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, of if it is even reasonable to make that request, but why did you remove the MX SWs vanilla bipod? I really liked it and I think it fits the weapon much better than the current attachments. The M320 and GM6 Lynx also got to keep their vanilla bipods.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, of if it is even reasonable to make that request, but why did you remove the MX SWs vanilla bipod? I really liked it and I think it fits the weapon much better than the current attachments. The M320 and GM6 Lynx also got to keep their vanilla bipods.

Because the MX SW bi-pod was mounted on a rail, but the other weapons have permanently attached bi-pods, not meant to be dismounted in the field. (I'm not a dev, this is just me making a guess)