Problem is that these handpositions are weapon specific. Not every hand position fits every weapon. Maybe they are working on specific poses for the weapons? Current pose fits every weapon equally bad :D

really simply, RobertHammer's suggestion could be used for DMRs and snipers, the 'hand on top' for MG's.

really simply, RobertHammer's suggestion could be used for DMRs and snipers, the 'hand on top' for MG's.

best solution right here.

Fixed: Freelook in optics during weapon deployment

Aw. I thought that was a feature, not a bug. I'm gonna miss that little bug. I liked it.

Aw. I thought that was a feature, not a bug. I'm gonna miss that little bug. I liked it.

This. It was completely fine while using back up sights and Iron sights, it felt good, and like a feature. Through main scope and sights, it worked as it should, you can only see where your scope is moved, and you couldn't free look through scopes. I kinda feel like that should come back. Anyone else agree?

best solution right here.

You're missing the point Fennek was trying to make:

Having two or three "generic" holding animations variants with a hand on top, bottom, left or right wouldn't solve the problem any more than having just the one of those would - they need to be tailor made for each and every weapon model, same as the normal holding animations are. That means they'd have to make new animations for every weapon in the game and do a load of back-end programming in the engine to support the addition of a new 'deployed' variation of handAnim[], in order to make sure weapons were held correctly when deployed.

I'm sure that was something that BIS recognised long ago, but it's not there now and there's practically no time for them to add such a thing before the DLC is released in 7 days. So I'd imagine it's one of those ideas that's was chalked up as "maybe one day we'll get around to adding it, but not for this DLC".

Multi-player issue, Current DEV branch, and also from yesterday. Weapons are invisible in other players hands. Also, sounds appear to glitched in the same manner. You can hear and see your gun, but you cannot hear or see anyone else's gun. It's as if weapons and their sounds have gone client side or something.

FWIW, I've experienced the sound portion of this bug in stable.

would it be possible to improve the AI a bit more? Basically right now, they behave like.. I don't know how to say it.. I really loved my ai squad in arma2. Right now, they're only in combat stance, super slow, when a gguy in the squad is injured, everything is broken... They only run around with raised weapon. = playing with AI is no fun at all .. pretty sad.. but we have a GoKart DLC :/

While in the Arsenal, pressing Escape from a session gave me the option to Abort, instead of go back to the Arsenal.

You're missing the point Fennek was trying to make:

Having two or three "generic" holding animations variants with a hand on top, bottom, left or right wouldn't solve the problem any more than having just the one of those would - they need to be tailor made for each and every weapon model, same as the normal holding animations are. That means they'd have to make new animations for every weapon in the game and do a load of back-end programming in the engine to support the addition of a new 'deployed' variation of handAnim[], in order to make sure weapons were held correctly when deployed.

I'm sure that was something that BIS recognised long ago, but it's not there now and there's practically no time for them to add such a thing before the DLC is released in 7 days. So I'd imagine it's one of those ideas that's was chalked up as "maybe one day we'll get around to adding it, but not for this DLC".

Yep , that's why the default pose should be like with arms crossed

atm it really looks like he's trying to crawl with that bipod but somehow stuck :p

Edited by RobertHammer

I'd love to hear from an official why this issue hasn't been tackled yet. It's a real gamebreaker.

would it be possible to improve the AI a bit more? […] Right now, they're only in combat stance, super slow... They only run around with raised weapon.

I'll have to second that request. To make it a bit more precise, this issue arises when you order units to return to formation. Units sent to a position individually will move there fine with their weapon down unless their behavior/combatmode dictates otherwise. That's great, but once you move in formation with your AI squad, they won't ever put the weapon down and will move MUCH slower. That can be very frustrating, I agree.

Yep , that's why the default pose should be like with arms crossed

atm it really looks like he's trying to crawl with that bipod but somehow stuck :p

As I suggested before, a pose like that is going to look unnatural when the unit can shoot in the new, wider prone deployment arc.

You can tell that the guy lying there with the weapon braced has his weight supported on the elbow rather than at the hand, so only has very limited traverse arc (can only use ~half the length of his arm to support lateral movement rather than the full length of the arm providing a greater range of motion), just like the old prone state that people were bemoaning was too narrow. Ingame with the current firing arc, one would be sliding around on his elbows like the ground was made of ice, or suffer serious distortion around the shoulders keeping the resting arm in that position when turned completely to the left or right when deployed.

The deployed animations are made with consideration that the unit is still able to move around quite a lot, rather than fixing to shoot in a single direction like the guy in the photo is.

I don't really like how the new pose looks and I was fine with the more limited firing arc we had before - but I do understand the necessity of having it like that in order to appease the crowd who hated the narrow deployment angle.

Edited by da12thMonkey

would it be possible to improve the AI a bit more? Basically right now, they behave like.. I don't know how to say it.. I really loved my ai squad in arma2. Right now, they're only in combat stance, super slow, when a gguy in the squad is injured, everything is broken... They only run around with raised weapon. = playing with AI is no fun at all .. pretty sad.. but we have a GoKart DLC :/

There is a dedicated thread in the dev branch section and the developers seem to be very active there.

It's probably the best to report your issue there directly.

Link

Ongoing ineffectual building geometry (dev branch)

I've seen quite a lot of AI's moving through doors and walls lately. Was anything changed in the last patches?

Fixed: Zeroing for deployed weapons on slopes shoots in the aiming direction

Whaaaat !? This is not realistic :(

IRL the sight will only have correct zero if the weapon is held 100% horizontally. I believe the game handled that properly before this so called "fix".

well to be fair its not that hard to have a leveling bubble on the weapon irl so they either have to add that + some mechanic to level the weapon or just fix it to be level

Whaaaat !? This is not realistic :(

IRL the sight will only have correct zero if the weapon is held 100% horizontally. I believe the game handled that properly before this so called "fix".

i dont understand...

It worked well , dunno who said this was a issue?

also i have noticed - in VA when you try to deploy on the smallest cube , instead of going to crouch deploy anim it deploys in the thin air

well to be fair its not that hard to have a leveling bubble on the weapon irl so they either have to add that + some mechanic to level the weapon or just fix it to be level

I imagined something like using the controls of turret raising for the strider being used to level Bipods. Lol, but, I guess they decided to go the simplest way they could find to try and improve that. Not too happy about the change though, I got an amazing shot while deployed yesterday, if I recall, I wasn't on the most stable spots ever, I just hope this doesn't Break shooting in a realistic way.

i dont understand...

Your sight is pointing in a straight line to the point of impact when properly zeroed. The bullet however does not use a straight path so the sight has to point slightly down to compensate for bullet drop. If you tilt your weapon to either side, the axis where the sight is pointing will also tilt to the side, but the gravity will still pull the bullet straight down into the ground so the point of impact will no longer be where your sight is pointing. This was working properly in the game before today's update. With today's update the game has been dumbed down so the game compensates for this error for you, which is unrealistic.

If it was someting like Ctrl + q/e to control the cant + bubble below the scope yes , but the way it was i dont miss it , i mean as a mechanic it is interesting and fun , but when you cant control it , i mean you cant even be rewarded for paying attention to details and cannot mitigate it reliably other then guess estimating. Like anything you get a feel for it in time but its not reliable.

and cannot mitigate it reliably other then guess estimating. Like anything you get a feel for it in time but its not reliable.

Guesstimating is how it's dealt with IRL, except when it comes to sniping, but I can see the problem with having the mechanic in game because there's no way to compensate for it when sniping and the majority of players do not understand the IRL mechanic and will probably think the game is broken when their point of impact is where they do not expect it too be. Would be nice if we had a switch in the difficulty options or something, so that we can choose if we want the game to help us or not.