Will the winning content from makearmanot war be incorporated into the game as standard, non-mod data? The limitations on playing the content in multiplayer would be gone which is a huge headache (having to use keys, etc). I just really hope an official patch is on the way.
Never promised, though BI reserved the right to do this for entries whether or not they won the monetary prizes.

Never promised, though BI reserved the right to do this for entries whether or not they won the monetary prizes.

It would be pretty sick. A new game option to enable something like say, TFAR within the game itself at any time.

It would be pretty sick. A new game option to enable something like say, TFAR within the game itself at kmany time.

Yea..make it a community DLC for promoted content

Will the winning content from makearmanot war be incorporated into the game as standard, non-mod data? The limitations on playing the content in multiplayer would be gone which is a huge headache (having to use keys, etc). I just really hope an official patch is on the way.

We don't plan on incorporating the winning entries in such way. We do however have big plans for mod support this year, which will make discovery and installation much smoother, and provide opportunities to all modders (winners, finalists, the remaining contestants and every other modder out there). We'll be sharing more on this in the near future.

We don't plan on incorporating the winning entries in such way. We do however have big plans for mod support this year, which will make discovery and installation much smoother, and provide opportunities to all modders (winners, finalists, the remaining contestants and every other modder out there). We'll be sharing more on this in the near future.

Really looking forward to that. It's a pain in the arse to get newcomers started because of that mod-mess.

This goes back to roadmap.Make Arma Not War contest milestones, we aim to start rolling out its core functionality towards the end of May.

been working on a Game Launcher. Alongside useful basic functionality - such as command-line parameters - the Game Launcher organises, maintains and loads mods. Like the Addon Workshop, our initial release is just a starting point. Given that we're designing with custom game launchers in mind (ours is a separate executable) we hope to cooperate closely with the community. In the months following its release, we aim to improve and expand upon it, targeting an ideal balance between usability and advanced functionality. Taken together, we believe that these new features will help unlock the true potential of mods to a wider audience and provide new options to pre-existing community solutions.

these rocks are bugged since the beginning. you cant walk on, you can get stuck in,

and since the dev version you cant deploy the weapon on it.

here is the bugreport link, plus another important link!

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23411

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23301 <----- trackir issue, important to fix !!

Is the steam's shift-TAB broken for some one else with DEV-build. Cant access it (including steam chat) while in game. When updateing workshop entry there is also message that I would have the steam feature set off, but its on in steam options. Working normally Cities Skylines.

Is the steam's shift-TAB broken for some one else with DEV-build. Cant access it (including steam chat) while in game. When updateing workshop entry there is also message that I would have the steam feature set off, but its on in steam options. Working normally Cities Skylines.

I once had the same issue in another game, closing Steam and renaming ClientRegistry.blob to something else and restarting Steam fixed it for me when nothing else seemed to work.

Ok, will need to try that.

Noice.

I want to ask if we could have separate mappings for Helos and UAVs? I tend to use my stick for flying Helos but my mouse for UAVs but I don't want my mouse mapped to my flight controls when flying helos, as knocking it or grabbing it accidentally for whatever reason sends my helo all over the place but if I delete the mappings I can't then use it to fly the UAVs.

Probably would be good to have separate sensitivity settings as well, so even if someone wants to map their stick to both they can be fine-tuned.

I just thought of something... I know how, some guns have faction camo's on it... But i realized just how un-realistic this is. It's almost... idk, It's not just that however, i was flying around today, and i then got kinda annoyed how the CAS aircraft looked with Infatry camo on it. It than became un-accepatable to me, so now i'm bringing it up here. Why is there Infatry designed camoflauge patterns on aircraft? Surely, this could be exceptional to some vehicles, like the MRAP's, but the aircraft like the Buzzard, and Neophron... Let me show you a few examples.

The Czech use the L-159, but it has a certain paint scheme on it, and it doesn't have Infantry designed camo painted all over it.

The Iranians fly a variety of aircraft, and they do have camo on most aircraft, however, it's not straight up patterns from their ground forces. This needs to change in Arma 3, to make it look more authentic. As of now, it just doesn't look ok in my opinion. Not really a priority thing, i just thought i'd bring it up.

I just thought of something... I know how, some guns have faction camo's on it... But i realized just how un-realistic this is. It's almost... idk, It's not just that however, i was flying around today, and i then got kinda annoyed how the CAS aircraft looked with Infatry camo on it. It than became un-accepatable to me, so now i'm bringing it up here. Why is there Infatry designed camoflauge patterns on aircraft? Surely, this could be exceptional to some vehicles, like the MRAP's, but the aircraft like the Buzzard, and Neophron... Let me show you a few examples.

The Czech use the L-159, but it has a certain paint scheme on it, and it doesn't have Infantry designed camo painted all over it.

The Iranians fly a variety of aircraft, and they do have camo on most aircraft, however, it's not straight up patterns from their ground forces. This needs to change in Arma 3, to make it look more authentic. As of now, it just doesn't look ok in my opinion. Not really a priority thing, i just thought i'd bring it up.

I agree with this, the U.S. aircraft have their standard paint scheme colourisation of Green, Black, Grey as do their ground vehicles, why are the other factions not on a similar standard, AAF could go all military green and CSAT could go military Brownish for ground vehicles anyway https://wiki.colby.edu/download/attachments/33587244/Russian_T_90_Tank_by_KYPMbangi.jpg (267 kB) possible CSAT paint scheme

I agree with this, the U.S. aircraft have their standard paint scheme colourisation of Green, Black, Grey as do their ground vehicles, why are the other factions not on a similar standard, AAF could go all military green and CSAT could go military Brownish for ground vehicles anyway https://wiki.colby.edu/download/attachments/33587244/Russian_T_90_Tank_by_KYPMbangi.jpg (267 kB) possible CSAT paint scheme

Exactly. I mean, even the paint they originally had for the To-199 for example when first pictures were presented, would have been far better than the pattern form infantry and ground units just placed over the template. Just put a bit authenticity into it, for example, CSAT markings in the respectable places. At least make it feel real, is all i'm saying. The only vehicle that as some kind of marking is the Orca Black, on the tail, an i think it's in Russian if i'm not mistaken.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

Does anyone else feels like choppers have become louder, esp. when sitting inside? I used to be able to play normally with an effects volume setting of 50 %, when switching to DEV branch (because #bipodz), I had to tune it down to about 25 % and then today I even had to reduce volume to below 10 %. However with that setting everything else sounds too quiet, gunshots, engines and footsteps.

Completely totally indefinitely agree, this needs to change.

Original CSAT had the L-159 with this camo > http://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Arma3_screenshot_1202_10.jpg

still better than it is now , aircraft mostly uses own camo and not using ground camo these days

only ground units like cars , tanks , apcs does use digi camo or even hex - but still it is different than their uniform camo

Does anyone else feels like choppers have become louder, esp. when sitting inside? I used to be able to play normally with an effects volume setting of 50 %, when switching to DEV branch (because #bipodz), I had to tune it down to about 25 % and then today I even had to reduce volume to below 10 %. However with that setting everything else sounds too quiet, gunshots, engines and footsteps.

Helicopters ARE super loud though, even with your flight helmet on. I see this as an improvement.

new bug. in MP with all characters marked as playable the MP mission wont start and gives error of No player selected and the mission wont start. this problem did not happen yesterday. makes many missions unplayable.

• Tweaked: Mass of several weapons to better scale their different weights in regard to their real counterparts according to design

Which weapons got tweaked Mass? i assume you mean all the new weapons , which i didn't check their new weight atm

I have found an error in this mission, leave the RPT file and a video to show the possible failure.

1st part of the video the vehicle does not respond

2nd part deleting certain elements in the editor. vehicle operating normally.

RPT FILE

Edited by Metralla