Had some errors popping up today.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dqaymro1iak070w/2015-03-27_00002.jpg?dl=0

I'm adding the MMG to the players inventory like this :

p6 addWeapon "MMG_01_base_F";

Second error appeared when opening the Config Viewer

Error 2

Thats the wrong classname. If it has _base_f its the base classname and as such has a scope=1; which makes it private (hence your error).

Try the classname "MMG_01_F"; (haven't checked that, so it may be incorrect).

Really curious what BIS's stance on the keybinding situation is and if they are going to consider reverting. I was approached by a few people privately about it and even wrote to the dev responsible for the....improvement...but so far no further acknowledgement or response. Hoped with today's build update there would be some glimmer of hope, but to no avail. It's certainly frustrating when you've been using a setup for years, or hell even since the alpha, just perfectly fine and now suddenly out of the clear blue a change like this and now I have to spend all this time figuring out a weird new layout just because someone in the office felt it would be great to change something that I don't think the community has complained for and demanded changed (at least compared to more serious bugs and tweaks out there).

Would be great to hear from the dev(s) whether it has even been honestly discussed again and considered before the next stable is released or if BIS is not even going to take it into consideration. I've been a sinful arrows user ever since I started gaming on a PC, plus suffering from a form of muscular dystrophy which affects my arms a bit, it was the most comfortable to my needs. Fast forward to now, 32 years old....sure as hell not going to try tossing all of that to the side and try wrestling with WASD to try learning or feel discomfort using. Might not seem like a major issue or worth complaining about to some, but for someone in my situation its annoying as hell, lol.

Had some errors popping up today.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dqaymro1iak070w/2015-03-27_00002.jpg?dl=0

I'm adding the MMG to the players inventory like this :

p6 addWeapon "MMG_01_base_F";

Second error appeared when opening the Config Viewer

Error 2

As Jackal suggested, the valid "public scope" classes for the Navid are:

MMG_01_hex_F - Navid 9.3 mm (Hex)

MMG_01_tan_F - Navid 9.3 mm (Tan)

MMG_01_hex_ARCO_LP_F - Navid 9.3 mm (Hex) w/ ARCO and IR laser linkedItems

And in case you need them, the SPMG's classes are:

MMG_02_black_F - SPMG .338 (Black)

MMG_02_camo_F - SPMG .338 (MTP)

MMG_02_sand_F - SPMG .338 (Sand)

MMG_02_black_RCO_BI_F - SPMG .338 (Black) w/ RCO linkedItem

MMG_02_sand_RCO_LP_F - SPMG .338 (Sand) w/ RCO and IR laser linkedItems

All default MMG classes spawn with a bipod as linkedItem, so you shouldn't need to add that

As Jackal suggested, the valid "public scope" classes for the Navid are:

MMG_01_hex_F - Navid 9.3 mm (Hex)

MMG_01_tan_F - Navid 9.3 mm (Tan)

MMG_01_hex_ARCO_LP_F - Navid 9.3 mm (Hex) w/ ARCO and IR laser linkedItems

And in case you need them, the SPMG's classes are:

MMG_02_black_F - SPMG .338 (Black)

MMG_02_camo_F - SPMG .338 (MTP)

MMG_02_sand_F - SPMG .338 (Sand)

MMG_02_black_RCO_BI_F - SPMG .338 (Black) w/ RCO linkedItem

MMG_02_sand_RCO_LP_F - SPMG .338 (Sand) w/ RCO and IR laser linkedItems

All default MMG classes spawn with a bipod as linkedItem, so you shouldn't need to add that

Thanks for letting me know, I was already wondering why this classname was called base_xxx.

I think the hold breath is broken in the deployed mode. It has no effect at all to the weapon movement. I tested it in the VA. Can somebody confirm it?

Really curious what BIS's stance on the keybinding situation is and if they are going to consider reverting. I was approached by a few people privately about it and even wrote to the dev responsible for the....improvement...but so far no further acknowledgement or response. Hoped with today's build update there would be some glimmer of hope, but to no avail. It's certainly frustrating when you've been using a setup for years, or hell even since the alpha, just perfectly fine and now suddenly out of the clear blue a change like this and now I have to spend all this time figuring out a weird new layout just because someone in the office felt it would be great to change something that I don't think the community has complained for and demanded changed (at least compared to more serious bugs and tweaks out there).

Would be great to hear from the dev(s) whether it has even been honestly discussed again and considered before the next stable is released or if BIS is not even going to take it into consideration. I've been a sinful arrows user ever since I started gaming on a PC, plus suffering from a form of muscular dystrophy which affects my arms a bit, it was the most comfortable to my needs. Fast forward to now, 32 years old....sure as hell not going to try tossing all of that to the side and try wrestling with WASD to try learning or feel discomfort using. Might not seem like a major issue or worth complaining about to some, but for someone in my situation its annoying as hell, lol.

I added Yokhanan as I too use a similar set up, so was hoping could find a work around.

As mentioned above there was no call for the change, none that I noticed.

Would really appreciate if it was reverted.

I think the hold breath is broken in the deployed mode. It has no effect at all to the weapon movement. I tested it in the VA. Can somebody confirm it?

confirmed, no change when holding breath while deployed. This needs to be fixed before release.

Really curious what BIS's stance on the keybinding situation is and if they are going to consider reverting.

Hi, I believe this describes the situation you're referring to? Of course feel free to contribute to that discussion, but consider making a new thread and pinging the author of the post I linked. Thanks!

confirmed, no change when holding breath while deployed. This needs to be fixed before release.

Fun is that the deployed weapon has less accuracy without hold breath than the not deployed with hold breath. The recoil is less, but the aiming is worst.

Just finished the Marksmand Showcase and the bullet randomly miss the target with +-30cm at 300m in deployed mode.

Definitely it has to be fixed before the release!

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23357

Already there is a RC with dlc, so no 3D Scenario Editor... I thought I had read somewhere that would come with the dlc .

Yes, this is intentional behaviour of the advanced hint system. The height of that hint could cause some troubles (collision with other elements on the screen etc.) so there is the message as a warning. I will inform the author of the mentioned hint that his hint is too long. Thanks!

Heads up, the curator fire support hint also exceeds the recommended height and displays the warning message.

Edited by SilentSpike

I recently read a tweet that an extra may sneak into Marksmen DLC. Any hints about that?

Note discrepancy between briefing links to map markers in FFV showcase, dev build 1.43.129935. Links in situation and mission sections of briefing don't exactly match.

Situation briefing section:

8e2002400238997.jpg

Mission briefing section:

fb3ecd400238989.jpg

Note discrepancy between briefing links to map markers in FFV showcase, dev build 1.43.129935. Links in situation and mission sections of briefing don't exactly match.

Situation briefing section:

http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/40024/8e2002400238997.jpg

Mission briefing section:

http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/40024/fb3ecd400238989.jpg

Yep, I have already mentioned that, thanks for confirming.

0 = ["AmmoboxInit",[this,true]] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;

This still shows an error message: "Class %ALL not found in CfgWeapons"

Edited by R3vo

Fun is that the deployed weapon has less accuracy without hold breath than the not deployed with hold breath. The recoil is less, but the aiming is worst.

Just finished the Marksmand Showcase and the bullet randomly miss the target with +-30cm at 300m in deployed mode.

Definitely it has to be fixed before the release!

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23357

Yeah, it's actually quite absurd. I found in some instances, where i was better off standing and holding my breath than being deployed. Defeats the entire purpose. If i wanted to deploy in the first place, it's for two reasons. The ability to obtain sustain fire accurately in a close range cone of vision. Second, is for an extreme precise one shot, one kill scenario. As of now, i could care less about the sustained fire, it's fine. But the fact that i can't hold my breath while deployed to get that sweet candy one shot while the target is sill, or moving, is a setback. I shouldn't have better stability standing than deployed, but again, this is connected to not being able to hold breath while deployed.

---------- Post added at 16:07 ---------- Previous post was at 16:06 ----------

I recently read a tweet that an extra may sneak into Marksmen DLC. Any hints about that?

Nope. Wait till April 8th, but it's highly unlikely anything "secret", or anything we haven't heard of will slip in.

Yep, I have already mentioned that, thanks for confirming.

Ach, I should have checked thread for posts about the issue. :o

When playing FFV Showcase and some other missions using dev build, I am occasionally unable to see weapon/stance HUD elements at upper right. Pressing F key has no response. Happens most often with LMG, like Mk200, with either Holo/collimator (Eotech-like) optic (as in showcase) or ARCO scope.

Edited by OMAC

I've played a mission where several enemy AI end up in the sea and are floating. When you try to bring them down into the sea is almost impossible, shots have no effect on the body or head of the AI.

The video does not show the mission, but a test to prove the cause

Tested on both versions 1.40 stable and development 1.43.

Edited by Metralla

I'm currently using RC branch, and scopes are still not seated properly on weapons.

Screenshot

You can find the corresponding ticket in my signature.

Also, the reload animation for th SPMG looks awkward when the magazine was completely empty before.

Edited by R3vo

I'm currently using RC branch, and scopes are still not seated properly on weapons.

Screenshot

You can find the corresponding ticket in my signature.

That is a difficult bug to correct, given the fact the scope model is the same for every weapon it is used upon. Now, I realise your (or someone else's) response is going to be "Well, they either fit the rail properly as they would in real-life, or they do not and should not be able to be used on the rail". Whilst true, it is very difficult to get several different weapons platforms to have the exact same scaling, down to the millimetre. Made all the more difficult when some scopes are positioned very different to others (the SOS I think it is sits a lot further forward compared to other optics for example).

I'm already that I get a responds from someone at all. I'm just wondering, the MRCO and the MX are items from the release of the game, and it fit perfectly before. I'm okay with them beeing of a few millimeters but it should not be as obvious as it is in my screenshot.

BTW: Is there an official thread for the 2 new showcase missions? Or should I just keep on spamming this thread with bugs? :D

There is an annoying bug concerning the Zeus remote-control feature.

When I take control of a vehicle gunner or commander I can't access the gunner optics unless I get out of the vehicle and then reenter it.

This only happens with vehicles with modeled interiors (Hunter, Blackfoot, Strider, ...).

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22902

Can someone confirm this?

I keep getting locked out of control when in deployed-mode. If the game autosaves during deployment, if arsenal is somehow activated ditto, reloading when deployed on a rock - 3 of the occasions I've had it happen. Will try and find a common factor

Will the winning content from makearmanot war be incorporated into the game as standard, non-mod data? The limitations on playing the content in multiplayer would be gone which is a huge headache (having to use keys, etc). I just really hope an official patch is on the way.