Another question, is suppressive fire already implemented ? if yes, how it work ?

According to todays changelog, yes!

Try firing beside a group of AI with a MG and see what happens :)

/KC

Normally yes but even in 1995 - the Ghillie suits were made with special material that hides the Thermal image - see this example

http://www.combatreform.org/infaredthellieani.gif

This picture says it all, is much more difficult to detect thermal radiation. :ok:

But that camouflage is not included in the game. For now. :supercool:

Guys since last update I'am having a weird issue , I can't make the Attack helicopters / Jets fire ? I press my joistik fire button or left mouse key and nothing, they work when I'am a soldier on foot but when I enter an Air vehicle nothing I can't shoot.

Can confirm. Firing seems to be broken for most air vehicles at the moment.

Guys since last update I'am having a weird issue , I can't make the Attack helicopters / Jets fire ? I press my joistik fire button or left mouse key and nothing, they work when I'am a soldier on foot but when I enter an Air vehicle nothing I can't shoot.

Another question, is suppressive fire already implemented ? if yes, how it work ?

thanks

Same here, pilot weapons do not fire, gunner works ok

Can anyone please clarify that I'm not the only one experiencing this bug? I would have thought it would be fixed alongside

Fixed: The wheels of the FIA texture sources were badly defined for Quadbike

Can anyone please clarify that I'm not the only one experiencing this bug? I would have thought it would be fixed alongside

looks cool, but no, I dont have it

My character starts weirdly sliding after I load a game where I was deployed while saving.

Added: New script commands for manipulation with channels - enableChannel, channelEnabled, setCurrentChannel, currentChannel, getPlayerChannel

Can we get some explanation? Is it disabling/enabling both text and VON ? How does it (enableChannel) work?

Tested it on a local LAN session alone, didn't do much.

looks cool, but no, I dont have it

So...there must something wrong on my end :eek: or maybe they've secretly fixed it on dev branch (I'm on stable atm)

What made you think this is a bug? You never saw quadbikes or, hell, even automobiles painted in such manner?

- Fixed: Axes for head rotation in freelook while deployed

its not working for trackir !! i cant look around with trackir, it moves in a wired way.

see in this video:

should be up in a short time

please fix this, its really important that trackir works in that deployed position!

Only works if the output is on the side of the object "WALL".

This is a bug or not? Ask, do not know :)

Metralla, thats quite bad, I haven't seen that one before.

Here's another exploit I found for staircases:

Metralla, thats quite bad, I haven't seen that one before.

Now it is possible to make an assault on a building by surprise with this trick. :yay: :icon_hm:

Now it is possible to make an assault on a building by surprise with this trick. :yay: :icon_hm:

This isn't exactly new, it's possible to do this with pretty much every vehicle. And I guess I have to feel ashamed that I used it in PvP... :eek:

Fixed: For security reasons, it's no longer possible to overwrite the path of official BIS functions in CfgFunctions

What exactly does this mean? If this means that we can no longer override the bis functions than I'm very concerned about this change.

If it is that, would it need to be true both for description.ext as well as addon configs? I've overwritten bis functions before in a mod, as has e.g. ASDG JR* and I consider this ability essential for modding.

im getting many crashes. anyone else confirm they are also?

EDIT - nope, it's becuase im using an old version of asdg joint rails. robalo has a fixed version out already.

Edited by twisted

So...there must something wrong on my end :eek: or maybe they've secretly fixed it on dev branch (I'm on stable atm)

Dude, this is DEV branch forum and discussion.

What exactly does this mean? If this means that we can no longer override the bis functions than I'm very concerned about this change.

If it is that, would it need to be true both for description.ext as well as addon configs? I've overwritten bis functions before in a mod, as has e.g. ASDG JR* and I consider this ability essential for modding.

Yes. I'm keenly awaiting more information on this.

I think it means you can't do this (pseudo code):

class CfgFunctions {
 class A3_Bootcamp {
 	tag = "BIS";
 	class Conversations {
           file = "PATH\TO\MY\OWN\FILE\THAT\IS\NOT\LEGIT";
           class kbTellSync {
           	description = "Wolf in sheeps clothing";
           };
       };
};
};

So the function name looks good, but the content is not what it's supposed to be.

I think it means you can't do this (pseudo code):

class CfgFunctions {
 class A3_Bootcamp {
 	tag = "BIS";
 	class Conversations {
           file = "PATH\TO\MY\OWN\FILE\THAT\IS\NOT\LEGIT";
           class kbTellSync {
           	description = "Wolf in sheeps clothing";
           };
       };
};
};

So the function name looks good, but the content is not what it's supposed to be.

That's exactly my worry!! This is an important feature for modding! It's of incredible importance to ASDG, for example. I've also used this for similar things...it has plenty of "good" applications.

And since only addons and missions (i.e. config.cpp and description.ext) can do anything with CfgFunctions, I don't see the security issue. If I'm writing a malicious addon or mission I can do plenty of horrible things without using CfgFunctions.

Well let's see what the dev bods have to say, but I don't really see the issue with making up your own function names and using them in place of the BIS ones.

Personally, if I write a function, I like to give it a unique name and not redirect an existing function name to new code, just so I know what goes where etc.

I don't know about ASDG but I thought it was all config based and no functions (I could well be wrong there though).

Again, I'm not entirely sure this is what the devs are talking about so maybe I'm wrong, but it does seem like a glaring back door in the security.

I don't know about ASDG but I thought it was all config based and no functions (I could well be wrong there though).

In the past Robalo needed to have a largely customised Arsenal function to replace the BIS one in order to populate the lists of weapon attachments with classes declared in class compatibleItems (which is the basis upon which JR works), because the BIS one only populated the lists with attachments declared in the old array method. Recently BIS (specifically Karel) added a function that plugs into the Arsenal, that'll find attachments listed in class compatibleItems as well.

As such, most of the old ASDG Arsenal replacement isn't needed and was removed in the latest version. But there are a couple of little niggles with the new function that BIS made in terms of what doesn't get filtered out of the Arsenal lists, (like duplicate entries from a weapon simultaneously having array and class compatibleItems based slots, some attachments declared incompatible with a 0 value also get through) so Rob had attempted to replace that again in the interim.