I have this weird issue since the dev build. Now before you all point and laugh, I am one of those <whispers> arrows users. My controls are basically this:

Slow Forward: Up

Fast Forward: SHIFT+Up

Move Forward: 2x Up

Now 2x UP won't work nor my combat pace adjustment keybind ©. I tried unbinding and rebinding, and no go. However W works for Move Forward. WTH? I know most people prefer using WASD, but really Dev build? Going to force me into abandoning my heathen arrow keys ways? lol Robert (Hammer) told me on Skype today that they fixed something along the lines of this issue, but once I cranked up ArmA and put down a soldier, it was the same thing. But when I go to stable, all my binds work flawlessly. I can see maybe combat pace adjustment going wonky, by why on earth would 2x UP suddenly stop working? O_O

Nooooo. I too am an arrow key fool.

Have all my controls mapped around them since arma1.

Nooooo. I too am an arrow key fool.

Have all my controls mapped around them since arma1.

Very interesting bug - 2x UP does not work with Move Forward ,but it does work when you bind 2x UP for Fast Forward :Oo:

Experienced the same.On any gun after reload magazine disappears.

Maybe reproduce would be: Shoot nearly all rounds, access inventory and unload magazine/belt.

Get some more rounds from random corpse.

Hello, thanks for the message. I cannot reproduce the problem at all. Would it be possible for you to create a short video showing the problem or submit a feedback tracker ticket? It would be much appreciated, thank you.

lol That's quite good :) Way too many (in)vests- reminds me of this weeks "Weekly Wipe":

Mr Brooker is a Legend!

Hello, thanks for the message. I cannot reproduce the problem at all. Would it be possible for you to create a short video showing the problem or submit a feedback tracker ticket? It would be much appreciated, thank you.

Although not precisely the same issue, I feel this ticket may be in some way related. The symptoms of the weapons simply "eating" the magazines is certainly similar, and this ticket has clear steps to reproduce the error.

Very interesting bug - 2x UP does not work with Move Forward ,but it does work when you bind 2x UP for Fast Forward :Oo:

Hello.

I'm the one responsible for changes that led to this.

At first I would like to explain one thing:

Our problem is that when you are using key combos (2xUp, LShift+W) we register all keys from that combo at the same time so when there are 2 continuous actions like Forward and Slow Forward we have to pick which one that should be active (as you can't run and walk at the same time)

Now to the actual problem:

Before, when 2xUp was working fine for you, there was no way to use slow forward using "W" and modification keys (LAlt). Soldier was still running.

Now Slow Forward have priority over Forward and Fast Forward (Sprint) over them all.

My suggestion:

Use 2xUp for Fast Forward, Up for forward and Up+Down for Slow Forward

Or you can use speed modifiers "Sprint" - RShift (for RShift+Up sprinting) and "Walk or run temporary" - RCtrl (for RCtrl+Up for walking)

Feel free to suggest better solution or just shout if you want back old functionality

Edited by Fyrgon

Adapt mission attention deficit, Northern Camp.Right now I would have to restart the mission because

of the bug (reloading consumes ammo).Can I perhaps send save files or somehow pass along current

situation?

Although not precisely the same issue, I feel this ticket may be in some way related. The symptoms of the weapons simply "eating" the magazines is certainly similar, and this ticket has clear steps to reproduce the error.

Very nice, that might just be it. :thanx:

The disappearing magazines bug, among players of DEV branch also known as the "reload"-bug, seems to be a different one from this ticket. I encountered it myself yesterday, it seemed to be tied to the ownership of a vehicle in that case. I tried to restock on ammo from an enemy vehicle, a disabled Marid spawned on a dedicated windows server in the Mission "Invade and Annex". Neither right clicking nor drag and drop or even dragging the item to the ground first and then picking it up worked. Only when I entered and exited the vehicle interaction was possible but every item would disappear on right click or drag and drop. Even items I had on me were affected, reloading wouldn't work, magazines disappeared upon pressing the reload key. I the work around was to drop the emptied gun and pick it up again. Fixing the bug only seems to be possible by respawning or relogging (i.e. going back to the slot selection screen).

€dit:

The rof of the Navid's burst seems slower today but it is still possible to empty a magazine at least twice as fast using the "semi-auto" burst then firing full auto.

Edited by bonham

Russian doll vests

(vest in a vest in a vest)

Granted you could put an empty backpack in a backpack, but that vest thing isn't going to work. Nice find though. XD

---------- Post added at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:24 ----------

€dit:

The rof of the Navid's burst seems slower today but it is still possible to empty a magazine at least twice as fast using the "semi-auto" burst then firing full auto.

I honesty think they should just do away with the burst mode, and give us the ability to switch between it's higher RPM and a more moderate rate. It'd be more realistic, as I honestly have no idea if the HK-121 has a burst mode IRL.

Am I reading something wrong or do they need to tweek the marksmen dlc text cuz 9 new faces with paint is not "nine new types of face paint" ????

Hello.

I'm the one responsible for changes that led to this.

At first I would like to explain one thing:

Our problem is that when you are using key combos (2xUp, LShift+W) we register all keys from that combo at the same time so when there are 2 continuous actions like Forward and Slow Forward we have to pick which one that should be active (as you can't run and walk at the same time)

Now to the actual problem:

Before, when 2xUp was working fine for you, there was no way to use slow forward using "W" and modification keys (LAlt). Soldier was still running.

Now Slow Forward have priority over Forward and Fast Forward (Sprint) over them all.

My suggestion:

Use 2xUp for Fast Forward, Up for forward and Up+Down for Slow Forward

Or you can use speed modifiers "Sprint" - RShift (for RShift+Up sprinting) and "Walk or run temporary" - RCtrl (for RCtrl+Up for walking)

Feel free to suggest better solution or just shout if you want back old functionality

Interesting. For me, I prefer to have the slow forward as default when moving forward instead of the Battlefieldy-type "let's jog everywhere by default" feel or always running by default. That's why I was disappointed by what I thought was a bug but is infact a "feature" or change to the game. So to walk slowly/normal by default I have to use something such as Up+Down as the same time instead of having it bound to just up, and so on. Hmm....

I wonder if there were any real complaints on the keymapping to cause this change or if this is just BIS taking the initiative on their own to change it? Especially since I've been using these binds more or less since Armed Assault up until now, and never had issues with movement or binding until the dev branch where this is now a "feature"? I even did a test just now of keeping Slow Forward as UP and Fast Forward as Up+Down, but the game now sees UP+Down combo as only UP, thus conflicting with slow forward. I've even experienced while shifting the binds around that UP stopped completely working

I like A3 and like the new changes to the game coming, but for me this whole movement control "feature" change just feels a bit backwards to me instead of better. Maybe because I never had a single issue with binding and using my keys in-game ever. That's why I'm wondering if there were lots of tickets complaining to cause such a change, because if not then I have to wonder "if it's not broke, why fix it"? So now I have to sit there hoping I can come up with a whole new series of binds and hope to death after literally years of the same general binds that I can get use to a new and wonky-feeling layout. For me, I'd prefer keeping the old layout so I can get my layout back. But if the majority in the community complained that the previous system was bug ridden or something, then I guess I'll have to just suck it up and accept it and hopefully find a new layout I can deal with. :(

I honesty think they should just do away with the burst mode, and give us the ability to switch between it's higher RPM and a more moderate rate. It'd be more realistic, as I honestly have no idea if the HK-121 has a burst mode IRL.

No , it doesn't have any other mode - only full auto mode , same as any other MGs (because the mg5 is based on minimi receiver)

it should have only the full auto or a faster rof mode but for god's sake - remove the unrealistic Burst mode ! :crazy_o:

Edited by RobertHammer

When the player enters Zeus mode with a weapon deployed, he becomes stuck after leaving Zeus mode. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23244

Also: the visual effect of the muzzle flash of the Kir was reduced, but it still illuminates the surrounding area as before. Should be toned down a bit.

Edited by bonham
Kir muzzle flash

Originally Posted by Broduz

Find what's wrong there

that IR Sight seems to be magically attached to the rifle lol

@ Devs, you should probably replace the screenshot before any large game magazine notice that. Could cause some bad publicity.

What happend with the new ghillie suits thermal protection abilities?

Compared to the few days old build 1.41.129.614 they now are quite useless. In the older build you could hide very well against FLIR and only a small heat signature was visible from the face and if prone, still and kept your head down looking into ground you was very very hard to spot - which was great!

Now, with the newer build 1.43.129.776 it's now very easy to detect the heat signature from all angles even if prone and heads down???

Unfortunately I did not take any screen shots from old build 1.41.129.614 but here are a few how it looks now...

Front:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nsfvjtmujwydhu/A3_1.43.129.776_FLIR_01.png

Side:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ntwny7t4qs2dfoc/A3_1.43.129.776_FLIR_02.png

Behind:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7n1d2nc8ekrjvs/A3_1.43.129.776_FLIR_03.png

Top close:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlsyx4h6oiczzkm/A3_1.43.129.776_FLIR_04.png

Top far:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsvk8xpdq189qiu/A3_1.43.129.776_FLIR_05.png

/KC

The disappearing magazines bug, among players of DEV branch also known as the "reload"-bug, seems to be a different one from this ticket. I encountered it myself yesterday, it seemed to be tied to the ownership of a vehicle in that case. I tried to restock on ammo from an enemy vehicle, a disabled Marid spawned on a dedicated windows server in the Mission "Invade and Annex". Neither right clicking nor drag and drop or even dragging the item to the ground first and then picking it up worked.

I call this the inventory bug, because it affects more than just magazines. Others seem to encounter similar problems with vanilla ARMA. I can't reproduce it vanilla myself, but using mods seems to give it more opportunities to occur. The bug has been around before. I had a similar problem with the Adapt part of the official campaign when it came out, but was able to fix that by saving and restarting ARMA. That doesn't work this time around. There are a few similar tickets on feedback tracker. Here is another one.

What happend with the new ghillie suits thermal protection abilities?

Thermal masking is certainly something we're interested in, but it's not something we'd approach lightly. We didn't consider the behaviour of the new ghillie suits to be a feature (although, I understand your point entirely); rather, it was (literally) a bug: an unexpected side-effect to our experimental approach of using a different kind of shader for the ghillie materials.

Best,

RiE

Generally speaking arent ghillie suits insanely hot and thus wouldn't they have an even bigger thermal target compared to a non ghillied person ?

Generally speaking arent ghillie suits insanely hot and thus wouldn't they have an even bigger thermal target compared to a non ghillied person ?

It's the other way around, and it's basic physics.

With thermal optics, you see the amount of heat radiation that is emitting from the body. Warm clothes keeps the heat from radiating away (insulating) which means it will look cold in the thermal optics even though the person wearing the clothes feels hot. No clothes means no insulation, and lots of radiated heat, which shows as hot in thermal optics.

Generally speaking arent ghillie suits insanely hot and thus wouldn't they have an even bigger thermal target compared to a non ghillied person?

Normally yes but even in 1995 - the Ghillie suits were made with special material that hides the Thermal image - see this example

infaredthellieani.gif

Thermal masking is certainly something we're interested in, but it's not something we'd approach lightly. We didn't consider the behaviour of the new ghillie suits to be a feature (although, I understand your point entirely); rather, it was (literally) a bug: an unexpected side-effect to our experimental approach of using a different kind of shader for the ghillie materials.

Thanks for clarifying! Hope you someday re-introduce that "bug" ;)

What Brisse says and since the year is ~2030 and also consider that CSAT already have built in "body cooling" in their uniforms so a very effective ghillie suit is not far fetched IMO. It's already damn hard to hide from AI in a ghillie where in RL a trained sniper can actually "dissapear" under the right circumstances.

It's actually quite easy to hide from FLIR (or at least minimize the signature drasticly) using a 2 USD survival thermal blanket.

EDIT: Great picture RH!

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Awesome I had no Idea. I had no idea the ghillie suit insulated the heat and kept it from escaping thus harder to detect in thermals.

Guys since last update I'am having a weird issue , I can't make the Attack helicopters / Jets fire ? I press my joistik fire button or left mouse key and nothing, they work when I'am a soldier on foot but when I enter an Air vehicle nothing I can't shoot.

Another question, is suppressive fire already implemented ? if yes, how it work ?

thanks

Another question, is suppressive fire already implemented ? if yes, how it work ?

thanks

very important question. Can it be here now?