Edit: MX weapons are mission case ejection particle

It's always been like that and I think it's on purpose. Like the Katiba and Mk200 it probably uses caseless ammunition, even though it does not specifically mention it in magazine description like it does for the Katiba.

That does not explain the Katiba ejecting dust while shooting :D (I edited my post a few minutes later)

Will the Nato cage vests also get updated with MX Ammo pouches? Right now they use ammo still made for the FN-2000 that went to be used by the AAF.

Seems to be a bug with the FIA off-road randomisation scripts, placing them just now in editor/ZEUS only comes back with the Red off-road scheme and no customisations.

Also there's a texture error on the FIA quad bike wheels. Civ versions seem unaffected. anyone confirm?

available again on todays DEV branch : Infantry KOTH , 1st person only 94.23.112.9:2202

PSCollimator shader compile error CTD in 1.43.129768: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23210

Are you updating the Dev Branch via Steam (i.e. replacing the main branch) or using Game Installer (i.e. installing it in parallel to your normal Arma 3 install)?

I ask since wrote a ticket about the same thing:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23205

Vojtěch (Iceman) asked me to try verify integrity of my Arma 3 install via Steam, but as I mentioned I'm using a separate Game Installer instance of Arma 3 to run the Dev Branch rather than doing it through the Arma 3 "beta" opt-in option in Steam.

Really nice belt animation - which also Zafir and Mk200 could have that too

Too bad it's the same animation even when the gun is empty and there is no belt : (

And the belt doesn't reappear until after the reload is complete : (

#animationSadness : (

Too bad it's the same animation even when the gun is empty and there is no belt : (

And the belt doesn't reappear until after the reload is complete : (

#animationSadness : (

Well that's because ArmA doesn't support 2 types of reload - Empty and Not empty

if each weapon had reloadActionEmpty that could play only when the weapon was empty

and the regular reloadAction would work as default reload when the gun is not empty

Edited by RobertHammer

You can shoot through walls, also this issue because the AI can shoot well to not be locked gun with objects. Try to fix :pray:, it must be resolved in some manner. :smash:

It should be possible at least solved this problem with weapons, for example causing the weapon to detect these objects gun retracts into the body or something. :j:

Edit: Well, I checked also that this ammo runs through that wall... :868: I do not have clear now ... The only thing is that the weapon can not pass through the wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIwCHWFQ2o8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-2uk32D78w&feature=youtu.be

This is very problematic in PVP, reveals your position to the enemy._______ :868: :638: _______ The second video shows how AI can shoot behind the object. This video has 2 parts.

Edited by Metralla

Are you updating ....

Game Updater as you. Btw verify integrity is a welcome feature for the Game Updater. :)

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

You can shoot through walls...

There is lot of issue because of the missing weapon collision feature. I reported an exploit which is almost same as your, but you can do it with shorten weapons too. :( :(

There is lot of issue because of the missing weapon collision feature. I reported an exploit which is almost same as your, but you can do it with shorten weapons too. :( :(

True, my complaint is about the collision of arms. :protest:

I'd rather see backpacks not able to be carried while wearing a ghillie suit if the current implementation of invisible backpacks exists.

I'd rather see backpacks not able to be carried while wearing a ghillie suit if the current implementation of invisible backpacks exists.

They should make a small ghillie to cover backpacks. In Norway we are issued white winter covers for our backpacks.

http://www.equipnorshop.no/shop/prodimages/systemimages/NFM%20Trekk%20til%20sekk_White_1_500X-1.jpg (316 kB)

Agreed.

Will the Nato cage vests also get updated with MX Ammo pouches? Right now they use ammo still made for the FN-2000 that went to be used by the AAF.

I hope they don't alter the existing vests and instead add duplicates with the different pouches. Would break a lot of re-textures that my group have done if they were simply changed...

Optimized: Visibility raycast for dead bodies is limited to 50m. For alive soldiers it is limited to 3km.

Anyone know the implications of this?

Anyone know the implications of this?

From my understanding, if you have your view distance set past 3km and you are trying to snipe someone past 3km, they will not be visible until they enter a 2999m distance from your position. For dead bodies, they will pop up in front of you when you are 49m from their dead bodies.

That can't be right. They would have said "draw distance" not "visibility raycast". Plus I just checked it with a load of bodies and I could see them at well over 50m

Yeah it definitely isn't that. Maybe something involving AI? But that doesn't seem right either, and there's no AI changelog update.

I think it means that AI will not react to dead bodies further than 50m from them

That can't be right. They would have said "draw distance" not "visibility raycast". Plus I just checked it with a load of bodies and I could see them at well over 50m

True, then maybe its related to AI view distance but like it has been noted, nothing was added to the AI changelog.

In what way do the AI react to dead bodies anyway, aside from confirming kills? In that case, why shouldn't they be able to confirm kills beyond 50 meters?

That's what makes me wonder about this being AI-related.

It is confusing - I understand the changelog is written by programmers, but at least they could clarify the more cryptic statements like that so we can understand what we need to look for.