What's the new technology in those Collimators? so far i see them more bugged than before :p

Edited by RobertHammer

Changed: Collimators have been changed to a new technology

Any info on this? How are they implemented now? What are the expected changes? Any specific issues that this new tech is supposed to alleviate?

But they're all still really dim at night : (

Should they not be dim at night? The Aimpoint CS I had on my service rifle back in my military days had thirteen different settings IIRC, and we would set it much lower during night than we did during day.

Should they not be dim at night? The Aimpoint CS I had on my service rifle back in my military days had thirteen different settings IIRC, and we would set it much lower during night than we did during day.

Problem is that you can't change illumation settings in arma - you have to set 1 and that's it - so thats why all guys prefer really bright reticle at night

Any info on this? How are they implemented now? What are the expected changes? Any specific issues that this new tech is supposed to alleviate?

Think they might have made it so that the reticle isn't occluded by ironsights - if you load the ACO green on the Navid and swing it around a bit the reticle stays on top of the ironsights.

Oh, and check out the MRCO, it looks really different now.

Edited by da12thMonkey

Think they might have made it so that the reticle isn't occluded by ironsights - if you load the ACO green on the Navid and swing it around a bit the reticle stays on top of the ironsights.

Yea , that's the only thing i have noticed - also for some reason the ACO (RED) is using the Holo reticle :confused:

Is anyone else still getting the "zoomed in view"-bug when switching optics using an ARCO for example? In the last stable patch notes it is listed as fixed but I'm still seeing this occasionally. Having trouble trying to reproduce it though.

Holy crap the MRCO :eek: - all the RCO sights have a lens shadows really nice

Oh my gawd, it looks so lovely!

Oh my gawd, it looks so lovely!
Holy crap the MRCO :eek: - all the RCO sights have a lens shadows really nice

Can you guys post a screenshot for the people stuck at work like me? ^^

Can you guys post a screenshot for the people stuck at work like me? ^^

I don't think a screenshot will look very impressive. You have to see it in action, while moving the weapon around so you get the effect from weapon inertia.

Hey guys, the new collimator tech allowed us to fix several graphical bugs and glitches and it also allowed for some nice scope improvements (video courtesy of the Lord of the Bounce):

Hey guys, the new collimator tech allowed us to fix several graphical bugs and glitches and it also allowed for some nice scope improvements (video courtesy of the Lord of the Bounce):

Now the 2D scopes could use something like that *CoughScopeFxCough* :p

also can you do some samples of that new collimator tech? , so we can use it as well

Edited by RobertHammer

Ha yes 2d scopes look even more bland now - maybe you guys shouldn't give us all these nice shiny 3d scopes! ;)

@RH - freaky timing over your PM this morning! :D

Now the 2D scopes could use something like that *CoughScopeFxCough* :p

also can you do some samples of that new collimator tech? , so we can use it as well

As You are so Czech in such questions lately, I have adjusted ETA for documentation from "soon" into "SoonTM" :icon_twisted:

That's pretty awesome. :)

And about zoomed scope vision, is it now possible?

The new scope effects finally fixed the awkward visual bug where you'd see horizontal lines bisecting the RCO's if you freelooked down at them!

They're looking great overall. I'll also echo the request for the 2d scopes to have it as well.

But how would they translate this to the 2D scopes? Unlike the 3D scopes, the 2D scopes are fixed to the camera so the effect would not be visible.

should not exist 2d scopes excluding the digital ones (thermal;nvg), penalizing sniper whom shot not in the optic vision (CS style)

But how would they translate this to the 2D scopes? Unlike the 3D scopes, the 2D scopes are fixed to the camera so the effect would not be visible.

Like this >

That new scope tech looks freaking SICK!!! Too bad the only scope it's noticeable with is the MRCO, which is actually one of my favorite collimator sights.

oooo thats nice.