Thanks for the video! Well done, it really showcases the new sounds nicely. The audio team did a great job so far. Marksmen DLC got me really excited.

All those weapon paint variants would clutter things up a bit... they could have a "textures" tab in the virtual arsenal for weapons. They have it in the Virtual Garage. That way they could add a bunch of weapon paints while reducing clutter in the virtual arsenal.

So BIS, this. If there are going to be different camo variants, i think it'd be reasonable to integrate a camo selection for weapons in the VA, as was done for vehicles. This would suppress the amount of one gun showing up in one menu, which would keep down the clutter and confusion.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

So BIS, this. If there are going to be different camo variants, i think it'd be reasonable to integrate a camo selection for weapons in the VA, as was done for vehicles. This would suppress the amount of one gun showing up in one menu, which would keep down the clutter and confusion.

I agree , camo variants should have own camo selection tab like the vehicles in arsenal

Edited by RobertHammer

I agree , camo variants should have own camo selection tab like the vehicles in arsenal

Hey man, you give me an idea. It would be epic to have "Ghillie Gun Wrap" attachment for weapons.

So we could make this via attachment:

arma2weapons_snip_m24camo.jpg

Hey man, you give me an idea. It would be epic to have "Ghillie Gun Wrap" attachment for weapons.

http://www.arma2.com/assets/img/weapons/arma2weapons_snip_m24camo.jpg

I thought about adding this to my M2010, but I would never have managed to make it look decent with all scopes. The camo wouldn't adjust to different scope sizes.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

For the "camo selection" advocates -- can the Arsenal menu support that as simply being another tab for what's normally the attachments menu? I ask this since while the Camouflage tab for Garage seems to support such selection via hiddenSelections/setObjectTextures, the attachments themselves would seem to not support this (they too also use different-skin variants).

I thought about adding this to my M2010, but I would never have managed to make it look decent with all scopes. The camo wouldn't adjust to different scope sizes.

You can make it like this - just adding the Camo wrap around the weapon and then doing a special scope variant with that camo wrap

Also from the stream i have noticed the BIS did camo variants of their 3 new scopes , does this mean that they added hiddenselections for optics?

or just seperate models with camo textures , like we have now?

Attachments should support hiddenselections , which would reduce number of models just for camo variants and make it much easier to do camo variants

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 ----------

One more thing - now that Bipod attachments have a folding animation , this also means that the all proxy attachments could be animated as well?

mainly for Magnifiers combos - Red dot sight with Magnifier , if yes then it would need a special source anim to flip the Magnifier

Edited by RobertHammer

I'm very impressed with what I saw in regards to the deployment. :rthumb:

The vehicle turrets and static weapons, compared to this, now look so outdated in regards to animations. :D

One more thing - now that Bipod attachments have a folding animation , this also means that the all proxy attachments could be animated as well?

mainly for Magnifiers combos - Red dot sight with Magnifier , if yes then it would need a special source anim to flip the Magnifier

Now that you mention it, it would be pretty neat if there was a source such as "weaponDeployedYaw" where you could make a part of the bipod not rotate with the weapon when deployed (since they already know the center and the offset from it as you're limited in rotation when deployed). I'm assuming/hoping there's already something similar like "weaponDeployedBank" since they demonstrated that you can lean with them.

Edited by Sniperwolf572

http://www.arma2.com/assets/img/weapons/arma2weapons_snip_m24camo.jpg

Would be awesome to have this for some of the Arma 3 rifles. Way better than this ugly painted camo of the M200.

@devs: Would it be possible to add model = "\A3\weapons_f\acc\acca_snds_osprey_F"; as a 2nd suppressor for ACP. I really like the look of it and it's always great to have some diversity.

Edited by R3vo

The problem with distant sounds in the game right now is that they don't produce prominent echoes for the listener (receiver). In reality, echoes on such distances are louder or much louder than source sounds and that helps our brain to decode the distance. Currently it seems that only shooter can hear the echoes of his weapon.

Yeah I was a little disappointed when I couldn't hear the same effects when AI was firing near me in a town.

Guess that's simply to demanding, or it's not in the current version yet.

Just a hint for the Wheel lock default mapping for helicopters... Maybe switch it to LEFT CTRL + W instead of RIGHT? Kind of a stretch even for my fingers (I'm 6' 4"). Yes thank you for the obvious reminder about mapping, thanks for pointing the obvious out...

I'm not sure if this should go here, but during the livestream I thought all items weapons etc. which are not part of a DLC should also get an icon.

Maybe a Arma III icon like this. In a small version of course.

For consistency's sake you could argue that vanilla (without DLC) items should get the A3 icon, but we decided against it to avoid clutter and to make the DLC / mod icons stand out more. So, only DLC and user mods will show these icons in all areas of the game (Editor, Arsenal, playable content menus, etc.). They are there to let scenario designers know very clearly they are including content in missions that may not be owned by everyone, but also to highlight what is new in the game.

For consistency's sake you could argue that vanilla (without DLC) items should get the A3 icon, but we decided against it to avoid clutter and to make the DLC / mod icons stand out more. So, only DLC and user mods will show these icons in all areas of the game (Editor, Arsenal, playable content menus, etc.). They are there to let scenario designers know very clearly they are including content in missions that may not be owned by everyone, but also to highlight what is new in the game.

Vanilla content not having icons makes much more sense and it's way easier to scan at a glance. Consistency does not have to be "everything has icons", consistency is also "vanilla has no icons, everything else has".

Thanks for clarification.

Since Karel is working on the Virtual Arsenal/Garage, I thought this this could be adressed easily.

In addition, I noticed that nearly all magazines,grenades, misc items and explosives show "Uunkown Community Author" as their creator and items like the Toolkit, Medikit, FirstAidKit and Minedetector, do not have an author display at all.

Edited by R3vo

The virtual arsenal (and all other similar loadout scripts) has an issue (not just dev-branch specific) with weapons-with-custom-attachments inside personal containers (uniform,vest,backpack).

Because there's no command to add a weapon with custom weaponItems into a container, it will simply loose the custom attachments. (I.e. go back to whatever the weapon has defined in its config).

Since it seems like attachments are currently getting some inventory-related love, would it be possible to resolve http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21689 ?

This bug still persists: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22718

Since two major patches now. muzzle flashes ONLY work if they are called "zasleh". Since Bohemia's own sample model promotes calling them "muzzleFlash", this really needs fixing. The sample model does NOT work. You only get a muzzle flash if you mount and unmount a silencer.

Come on, BIS. This problem persists since 1.38, it should really be fixed in the meantime.

EDIT: I do believe this was fixed two or three days ago, somewhere in the beginning of the week. Now it is back to being broken.

I second this!

let's not forget this issue guys!

Added: Ability to show specific category animation on Arsenal start

what is mean?

Now it's forced to toggle walking by default in the game!

But DEV don't even mention it as a bug!

Why I should walk when the mission start?

Now it's forced to toggle walking by default in the game!

But DEV don't even mention it as a bug!

Why I should walk when the mission start?

Yea , that's annoying - default should be always running

The mixed up walking and running issue is not a design decision at this stage, so we're looking at what has caused it (so we can fix it).

Dna I have noticed alot more servers using arsenal for loadouts. Is there any chance yous can add attachments to the options when filling a backpack/ vest. At the moment I haVe to leave arsenal detach scope. Put in backpack. Then reenter arsenal pick my secondary scope that automatically attach to gun. Then save the loadout.

Might have been mentioned already.