Some of the inventory UI descriptions for some items have been messed up... eg. IR laser pointer: "IR Laser PointerEmits light visible in the image intensification mode (night vision)"

So is this a relic from yesteryear development, or is it something new (ported over) to be worked on?

These scripts control the special behaviour of the 'ambient traffic' (i.e. civilian vehicles) driving around the Seattle terrain, and don't apply to anything Arma.

I'd say it would be a relic of The Before Times About Which We Do Not Speak, and the bulk merging of TKOH advancements to A3 when our teams merged.

Some of the inventory UI descriptions for some items have been messed up... eg. IR laser pointer: "IR Laser PointerEmits light visible in the image intensification mode (night vision)"

Ah, that could be my fault by proxy. Thanks for the tip-off!

Best,

RiE

Standard pace has been set to walk in 1.40 so far I know. Whether this is intended or not, I don't know.

I don't believe this is intentional, sometimes you're walking by default, sometimes you're not.

I don't believe this is intentional, sometimes you're walking by default, sometimes you're not.

Which only makes it even more annoying. ;)

I also experienced the muffled footsteps earlier when trying the new game mode. Very jarring, especially since all other sounds in the immediate environment are normal.

These scripts control the special behaviour of the 'ambient traffic' (i.e. civilian vehicles) driving around the Seattle terrain, and don't apply to anything Arma.
You speak LIES, Arma mission or terrain makers can absolutely do something with ambient traffic... LIES...

Added: Weapon attachments can be manipulated directly from the ground via the inventory

This is great news. Hopefully something can be done about the whole gear icon/hand icon business when you're trying to pick up a launcher or just trying to get into the inventory.

You speak LIES ... LIES...

:confused:

We don't use or support these commands in official content. Hack away with them to your heart's content, though!

You speak LIES, Arma mission or terrain makers can absolutely do something with ambient traffic... LIES...

I guess it would help if RiE explained to you that the ambient 'traffic' in TOH is just made up of simple car models, they are not what you think (Arma models with drivers like the Civilian modules in A2 and OA). They just follow the road and turn left and right at random intervals.

Being able to take attachments from weapons on the ground is really great. I did notice you can't put attachments back on to weapons on the ground. Is this by design?

I guess it would help if RiE explained to you that the ambient 'traffic' in TOH is just made up of simple car models, they are not what you think (Arma models with drivers like the Civilian modules in A2 and OA). They just follow the road and turn left and right at random intervals.

I can confirm. They are essentially the fish style traffic. Only worse. They don't turn smoothly, they teleport, disappear, and you can walk/drive/shoot right through them ass if they on't even exist. It'd maybe be ok if you used something similar for a distance effect, where only cars drove around in the distance where you were never going to be operating, but other than that, it's not a sound (not audio) feature what so ever.

Is this by design?

Rather by constraint, I'm afraid.

We'll have another chat about the progress next week (which is splendid!), but it would appear that some issues prevent us from implementing this functionality.

Best,

RiE

This bug still persists: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22718

Since two major patches now. muzzle flashes ONLY work if they are called "zasleh". Since Bohemia's own sample model promotes calling them "muzzleFlash", this really needs fixing. The sample model does NOT work. You only get a muzzle flash if you mount and unmount a silencer.

Come on, BIS. This problem persists since 1.38, it should really be fixed in the meantime.

EDIT: I do believe this was fixed two or three days ago, somewhere in the beginning of the week. Now it is back to being broken.

I did notice you can't put attachments back on to weapons on the ground. Is this by design?

I think it's fair enough.

If you were looting some poor dead bastard's corpse you probably wouldn't go through all the bother of carefully screwing all the sights and stuff back on to his weapon anyway - just dump it in a heap on the floor.

Can always pick up the weapon itself, screw the items back on and place the weapon back down if you wished to make such a concerted effort to leave things how you found them.

I hope you guys make UGLs and grips detachable and in the bipod slot! Would make a lot of people happy. Plus less variants of the same gun

I hope you guys make UGLs and grips detachable and in the bipod slot! Would make a lot of people happy. Plus less variants of the same gun
Grips makes sense, but unfortunately making UGLs separate would probably break every mod with a UGL variant...

Arsenal now has a tab for bipods. :sly:

Can't believe we are finally getting bipods :D

they not new command but more of relic from ambient traffic , it's of use at max for distant 'for effect' traffic ...

Grips makes sense, but unfortunately making UGLs separate would probably break every mod with a UGL variant...

About as much as detachable bipods (i.e. not at all). You always need the right proxies. Even now, you can make a gun with a fixed optic (like the G36), the fact that you can detach it on most other guns doesn't break anything.

Not that I think detachable grips and UGL's will come any time soon. Both would require different hand anims, and even more, would probably require to split up the hand anims into left and right hand parts due to the position of the grip/UGL on different weapons. UGL's would also introduce another problem - namely, adding a muzzle to an existing config. Neither of those works, and neither will be trivial to add.

Added: Weapon attachments can be manipulated directly from the ground via the inventory

This is great news.

Better late than never woo!

UGL's would also introduce another problem - namely, adding a muzzle to an existing config. Neither of those works, and neither will be trivial to add.
Exactly what I had meant.

I think what would be cool is a separate Grenade Launcher, much like the ones in Arma 2. This would be most useful with NATO, given they're the only ones who can use a 3GL round. But i can see how having a weapon as an attachment would be... well, i can't imagine how that would even work, it wouldn't.

Don't get how it works, you can add an attachement to a weapon on the ground ? How to do that ?

Don't get how it works, you can add an attachement to a weapon on the ground ? How to do that ?

No, it's the other way around. Now you can take attachments from a weapon on the ground without picking it up. It works the same way as you take items from backpacks, uniforms and vests on the ground by double clicking on the "container".

You can not put attachments on the weapon that is not in your hands. As da12thMonkey explained, it even makes sense in a way.

you can take attachments from a weapon on the ground without picking it up

THIS :love:

Awesome.