Working fine for me. In which way is it broken for you?

Hi

Cant access using default ctrl - space for some reason. Thanks for checking

Think I must have had a mod active and not noticed - please ignore me!

Edited by petek

Video I mentioned is below, might still be processing. As said, this is all random occurence, I haven't found a way to reliably reproduce this.

Notice:

0:00 - 0:13 - Water footsteps muffled, going to third than first person fixes this

0:13 - 0:35 - Regular footstepps muffled intermittently

0:35 - 0:43 - Third person and back, footsteps start to behave normally

0:43 - 0:52 - UI sounds getting muffled, listen to the clicks, first one sounds normal (click on the back button) all following are muffled, last click is easiest to hear muffled as the other sounds get muted

0:52 - 1:04 - Footsteps again getting muffled randomly, more muffled than not. Best example of this problem with footsteps.

Edited by Sniperwolf572

can't report as 'injured' to my squad in latest build....

unless i press 5

Edited by JHard

Also having no footsteps sounds in 3rd person with 1.40RC, or those are so silent that my poor ears dont hear them.

Video I mentioned is below, might still be processing. As said, this is all random occurence, I haven't found a way to reliably reproduce this.

Notice:

0:00 - 0:13 - Water footsteps muffled, going to third than first person fixes this

0:13 - 0:35 - Regular footstepps muffled intermittently

0:35 - 0:43 - Third person and back, footsteps start to behave normally

0:43 - 0:52 - UI sounds getting muffled, listen to the clicks, first one sounds normal (click on the back button) all following are muffled, last click is easiest to hear muffled as the other sounds get muted

0:52 - 1:04 - Footsteps again getting muffled randomly, more muffled than not. Best example of this problem with footsteps.

I am experiencing this exact same issue. Currently using Logitech G35 virtual surround headset if that helps.

Todays update seems to have fixed the Kuma FFV problem - good work! Just need the FFV from co-pilot back;-)

cheers

It's clear to me that there are some changes that made it into today's update even though they are not listed in the changelog.

1. Environmental sounds (tails) for weapons.

2. New samples for sonic cracks/bullet snaps.

Already noticed a problem with nr.1, although I realize this is WIP stuff, and maybe it wasn't even meant to reach out on devbranch. One problem was that the tail was very different if I had my MX in single mode compared to full auto. I was in an open field if that helps. Another problem is that some of the tails were way to subtle. Single mode open field and forest tails are some examples of too subtle effects. I think a simple adjustment of volume would fix this.

It's clear to me that there are some changes that made it into today's update even though they are not listed in the changelog.

1. Environmental sounds (tails) for weapons.

What!?

*scrambles to the commit log*

I see, I've finished the last showcase now, but they won't get checked in the showcase menu. That's kinda confusing and unsatisfying to have 3 missions unchecked even if you've done them.

Thanks for that fast bug fix ;) Unfortunately, I found another bug in today's version.

Screenshot

In addition, may I ask what excatly got changed when it comes to zeroing weapons?

Edited by R3vo

What!?

After further investigation, it is also clear to me that MX is the only weapon affected. Other's don't have any tails. Looked it up in the config viewer.

What!?

SnF3abG.jpg

Yup :P

Only works in semi-auto, though

although I realize this is WIP stuff, and maybe it wasn't even meant to reach out on devbranch.

Correct. (This is happening way too often ;))

Three things need to be in place for the 'Weapon Tails' to work: 1) samples (data), 2) weapon config (data), and 3) an exe commit (engine). We've been staging placeholder data for #1 for a while, and today a testing config for #2 (the MX) leaked out was committed. This shouldn't have made any difference, because we thought #3 wasn't there.

As it turns out, it is enabled in engine! :o So, with this in mind, some disclaimers: the feature will currently only work for the the MX, and the data itself (samples and config) is WIP, so we can't yet gather much useful feedback on it. On the other hand, the basic 'idea' of the feature should be in place: when you shoot, depending on your location, a different balance of 'tails' are played.

This 'location' is determined by the 'sound map', which is automatically generated when a terrain is 'packed'. The different location types currently includes 'forest', 'trees', 'city', 'meadow', and 'sea'. We might be able to tweak / extend these but, to keep things efficient, we're limiting it to this range for now.

The tails are defined as layers, which play at different strengths depending on the value of the location (a location could be, for example, 50% 'urban', and 50% 'sea'). This should, in principle, enable a more fluent transition when shooting on the move. We were actually ourselves thinking the effects may be too subtle.

We wouldn't expect the data to be in the right state until Wednesday morning, but there may be some adjustments in tomorrow's Dev-Branch update. Apologies for any confusion (damn ninjas)!

Best,

RiE

Edited by RoyaltyinExile

Hello.. Why every unit is smoking these days(at least at night)? out hale should be less visible just looks weird, maybe if there was -10*C it would be fine. :)

We were actually ourselves thinking the effects may be too subtle.

No valuable feedback yet, I know, but I'd agree there :D

Is it possible to see the 'sound map' ?

This 'location' is determined by the 'sound map', which is automatically generated when a terrain is 'packed'. The different location types currently includes 'forest', 'trees', 'city', 'meadow', and 'sea'.

This sounds the same as selectBestPlaces. Is it working off the same info?

The tail thing is pretty cool. Of course the main 'location' that is missing is being inside a building, but it's a nice feature. I look forward to hearing the other weapons.

Seems to work only randomly with me. But just wait for the real release.

Seems to be working only in full-auto for me.

But in full auto, you get the same tail no matter where you are because it's not configured properly. Change to single and turn your volume up. As we said earlier, they are really subtle. Listen closely :)

Go to Kavala and stand next to a bunch of houses. Fire some rounds in single mode. Then teleport yourself out into a big open field. You should hear a clear difference between those. Kavala seems to be one of the places that gives you the most prominent tail.

But in full auto, you get the same tail no matter where you are because it's not configured properly. Change to single and turn your volume up. As we said earlier, they are really subtle. Listen closely :)

Go to Kavala and stand next to a bunch of houses. Fire some rounds in single mode. Then teleport yourself out into a big open field. You should hear a clear difference between those. Kavala seems to be one of the places that gives you the most prominent tail.

I gave it another try and it sounds awesome already.

for some reason lrps still has the new y mildot and not the traditional one

for some reason lrps still has the new y mildot and not the traditional one

Yeah, same for me. I like the new reticle though ;)