playMusic works fine in my RC. Is it broken for you completely or just in some particular situation/mission? (and without mods of course)

And that kind of core usage probably has always been like that. It sounds normal in some circumstances.

You should try -enableht instead of the -cpucount.

I tested my mission in 1.38 and PlaySound worked well on the intro, in 1.40 RC he will stop playing after 20 Sec.

To the CPU: if play my mission i had 40 - 58 FPS in Base with some animated AI Units, on 1,40 i only have 30 - 38 FPS ? my GPU (GTX970) only running with 58% but CPU 95% ?

Edited by R34P3R

No need to worry about which addons are loaded or not and think about having to create separate extra .pbo's for compatiblity with other mods.

While the attachments way of doing it is the reason we have a JAM type addon and extra compatibility config .pbos for almost every mod out there. :(

The magazineGroup[] array still kind of requires authors to manually populate their config with magazineGroup names used by other authors if they want their mags to be included in another author's group or for their weapon to use another author's group. Unless the community agrees on certain universal group names that all magazines of a certain type will be included in, and all weapons with an appropriate magwell will pull from.

If a magazine author doesn't include a magazinegroup definition that another author's weapon uses, someone will still have to make a compatibility patch for one of the two addons (using the =+ operator I guess, which is sometimes a bit squirrelly to use) or wait for either author to include the other author's group name themselves. The reason people make compatability configs for attachments is because authors overlook common WeaponSlotsInfo classes that have class compatibleItems (such as the ASDG weapon slots) and just use the old, non-universal compatibleItems[] array instead. Fair enough this is partly because BIS haven't made any official WeaponSlots that use class compatableItems and people just don't always like to include a third party dependency to provide the required common point of reference.

The only real difference between magazineGroup[] and class compatibleItems is that the hypothetical universal magazineGroup name wouldn't have to be held in a central .pbo that must be running for all other addons to start populating the common list/group that the weapons pull from. Fortunately, for some calibres/magazine types already in game, BIS' own magazineGroup names will probably provide a universal point of reference and the community will only have to agree on new common group names for calibres and/or magwell types that aren't already ingame.

I tested my mission in 1.38 and PlaySound worked well on the intro, in 1.40 RC he will stop playing after 20 Sec.

Yeah, there is something wrong after all. I can break playmusic with camera: (in current rc and dev, didn't try stable)

playmusic "LeadTrack04_F_EPB";
sleep 5;
cam1 = "camera" camCreate (getpos player);
cam1 cameraEffect ["INTERNAL","BACK"];
cam1 camsetpos (getpos player);
cam1 camcommit 0; // this kills the soundtrack. Set time above zero and the music works.

edit. works as intended in stable.

Edited by Greenfist

...people just don't always like to include a third party dependency to provide the required common point of reference.

The only real difference between magazineGroup[] and class compatibleItems is that the hypothetical universal magazineGroup name wouldn't have to be held in a central .pbo that must be running for all other addons to start populating the common list/group that the weapons pull from. Fortunately, for some calibres/magazine types already in game, BIS' own magazineGroup names will probably provide a universal point of reference and the community will only have to agree on new common group names for calibres and/or magwell types that aren't already ingame.

That is exactly what I'm saying the major problem with it is. Middleware type addons would not be needed if attachments used the same system as mag groups. Only verbal/written agreement is enough.

I'm not saying it magically solves the problem when things are not included. I'm just saying it's more convenient for the original author to follow community standards when it doesn't mandate usage of a middleware addon.

I'm sure we can agree that it's much simpler to agree on, for example, "MAG_<caliber>_<well>" or something than it is to have a middleware addon which must be running for anything to happen and whose author must keep on updating the addon itself to keep up to date with all the needs for different combinations.

Edited by Sniperwolf572

We should probably make a thread, where addon makers can share information and agree on common magazineGroup[]. We could make some sort of open database. Also, the 5.56x45 STANAG's will be easy to configure since they are in the vanilla game. We just have to wait for BI to update their configs and then use whatever they do.

Edit: How about something like this?

https://github.com/Brisse89/A3-Open-magazineGroup-DB/blob/master/magazineGroup.txt

Edited by Brisse

... also if you can't see the AI due to your video setting it shouldn't see you either.

So does this mean in multiplayer if I have a low view distance and my friend has a high view distance and there's an enemy tank at 1000m, my friend will get shot in the face and not me?

So does this mean in multiplayer if I have a low view distance and my friend has a high view distance and there's an enemy tank at 1000m, my friend will get shot in the face and not me?

It will use the VD of whatever machine the AI are local to. In most cases the server or a headless client.

On the current Dev Branch I cannot use the mouse to aim period. It flat out does not work. Mouse works outside of Arma and within Arma for Splendid Camera. Removed every single mod including CBA and yet same problem. I know the keybinding did not change...I verified this. I downgrade back to stable and everything works again. Did this twice. Anyone else having this issue? I really want to checkout the weapon resting marksman DLC stuff!

Edited by sttosin

On todays dev-branch I'm having constant crashes everytime i'm trying to play any mission on Altis.

Here's the ticket: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22857

Thanks for the reports guys, we're looking into it.

Edit: It's actually already fixed in our internal build so it should be ok when we update the Steam dev build today.

Edited by dazhbog

Hello all, Hello BIS!

I only want to remind to all, about an issue in the game. To "remind", because, feedback for a long time does not work.

Every time when I play ARMA3, this ugly detail spoil the feeling of the beautiful game.

I reported about this problem since (v.1.22), but my topic on the forum feedback was closed:http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19533

Issue was moved to here:http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12128

But in the end, today (v1.38) there is no definitive solution to the problem!

Unfortunately I don't understand why it is ignored for such a long amount of time.

I want to know the answers to the questions:

1) Someone is going to solve it finally or not?

2) Maybe BIS Believes this is normal?

3) Maybe User and BIS Believes this is normal and i was mad?

My friends, please answer these questions, if it is still in the game, probably have some reasons...

Again Description of problem:

When any AI-soldier or player in the game gets a bullet, but not killed, then happens are different , ridicules and not realistic effects.

If a player is in the game in the first person and this player gets hit, then for this player, such effects seriously do not spoil the game, but if the player sees these effects from side, then it looks very bad!

There are 3 types of problems:

1. When get hit, the AI throws weapons up, then catches again.

examples:

[^]

Why the AI throws arms up and then again catches it?

This is ugly and not realistic.

2. When get hit, the AI instantly rejects back his torso and instantly returns to its vertical position.

examples:

[^]

Why AI rejects the case and then instantly returns it to the vertical position?

Any Human are not able to do it with such speed.

This is ugly and not realistic!

3. If the AI gets hit while running, he begins to fall, and again instantly returns to its standing/erect position.

examples:

[^]

It does not require descriptions, because this is glitch, which requires immediate treatment!

These problems occur not always, for this reason, it may remain unnoticed for some time.

One way or another the video examples demonstrate all three problems.

I hope that these problems will be fixed in the near future.

It really spoil the game experience in ARMA3.

Edited by R0adki11
removed Capitals

"Please fix the bad hit effects in the game finally!"

If you haven't noticed the game is half done! Gotta hope they make new animation DLC. ;) i.e. bazooka loading, rifle grenade, when you crawl near walls your char will stand up.. etc But i im sure all is done when the new map (sequel) comes out.

Fixed: Hovering weapons from remote ragdoll

Assume this is a step towards fixing the "catching" of the weapon the ranting person is referring too.

Could anyone please show a screenshot of the new SOS-reticle? I just read it in the changelog and interrests me, but I don't want to switch to devbranch and then back to normal just to see it :)

"Please fix the bad hit effects in the game finally!"

If you haven't noticed the game is half done! Gotta hope they make new animation DLC. ;) i.e. bazooka loading, rifle grenade, when you crawl near walls your char will stand up.. etc But i im sure all is done when the new map (sequel) comes out.

By your logic Arma 2 was never finished becouse stuff like "when you crawl near walls your char will stand up" is still there.

The problem with characters twitching after getting hit is much more complicated. Dev. already said that they tried ragdoll char. after getting hit but it was so glitchy that it couldn't be used..

I honestly couldn't believe that it didn't already work that way when I just saw that.

Well, it did

just now it happens much sooner, so it can save some CPU time.

Tweaked: Standardized dispersion values for MOA (in game differences are less than marginal)

You guys are so awesome. Almost everything I have proposed (dispersion, initspeed etc.) in this thread, you guys have implemented, even when ingame difference is less than marginal :)

Some people say BI does not listen to feedback. I say they are wrong. BI clearly listens. We now have weapon stabilization, sound overhaul and all kinds of things the community has asked for.

Could anyone please show a screenshot of the new SOS-reticle? I just read it in the changelog and interrests me, but I don't want to switch to devbranch and then back to normal just to see it :)

http://i.imgur.com/8FPpxaG.jpg

Good that we can change the map markers channels when placing those :)

Can some clearing what exactly "procedural attachments" means?

Inventory images for weapons are now just using the one base image (the _x_ca.paa file), and attachment images are now overlaid as and when needed (i.e. when you put a suppressor on, instead of the inventory image being replaced with the _m_ca.paa file, the icon is simply overlaid). I assume this simply means those attachment images have been finalised.

EDIT: Ninja'd enex and Brisse :D

Can some clearing what exactly "procedural attachments" means?

What they meant is procedurally generated UI icons. Try and attach a suppressor to your primary weapon and you will see that the suppressor appears in the picture of the primary weapon. That's what that is.

We expect to see big changes soon in paragraph sounds and the new DLC Marksmen. Definitely the best tactical combat game. :bounce3: