It's probably a glitch that its quartermaster will correct soon. He is upgrading Arsenal for Marksmen DLC, which can have some temporary side effects here on Dev-Branch.

May I ask, if the quartermaster could add an "Empty" button? To remove all items at once ?

In addition, I noticed that thermal and night vision view is toggled even when you're naming one of the loadouts.

Quick random question... Is it possible to change the Neophron from Regular Camo to The Urban one?

there is a variant in game?

Quick couple of questions about the new ObsElevation source (or animationSourceElevation if you're defining a custom name for it in the config):

1. Are they any limitations on the simulation class types that the raise/lower turret action will work on, or will it work on anything that can have class Turrets? i.e. will it work on everything from staticWeapons to airplanex? (I'm guessing it wont work on dismounted weapons and Man type objects ;))
  2. The animationSourceElevation definitions only work when they're included in positions that are set up as class Turrets, correct? For example if I was making a vehicle like the CRV-6e Bobcat: I wouldn't be able to use the Raise/Lower turret action to allow the driver to raise/lower the dozer blade because the driver position isn't a turret. But if I set up the jib at the back to act as a turret I could use the raise/lower turret action to extend the hoist boom while using the animationSourceGun and animationSourceBody controllers to "aim" the angle of the jib?
  3. Is there any way to control the rate at which the animationSourceElevation animation moves between the start and end phase? Like how you can define the rotation speeds for turrets.

Quick couple of questions about the new ObsElevation source (or animationSourceElevation if you're defining a custom name for it in the config):

1. Are they any limitations on the simulation class types that the raise/lower turret action will work on, or will it work on anything that can have class Turrets? i.e. will it work on everything from staticWeapons to airplanex? (I'm guessing it wont work on dismounted weapons and Man type objects ;))
  2. The animationSourceElevation definitions only work when they're included in positions that are set up as class Turrets, correct? For example if I was making a vehicle like the CRV-6e Bobcat: I wouldn't be able to use the Raise/Lower turret action to allow the driver to raise/lower the dozer blade because the driver position isn't a turret. But if I set up the jib at the back to act as a turret I could use the raise/lower turret action to extend the hoist boom while using the animationSourceGun and animationSourceBody controllers to "aim" the angle of the jib?
  3. Is there any way to control the rate at which the animationSourceElevation animation moves between the start and end phase? Like how you can define the rotation speeds for turrets.

1. It should work on any simulation with turrets, as far as I know. That means no men, obviously, but I would expect it to work fine even for PhysX airplanes :icon_twisted:
  2. Yes, it's just part of turret, nothing for poor drivers who have their hands full of steering wheels, obviously, hopefully, occasionally :bounce2:
  3. There is a property elevationAnimSourceSpeed that may help You in this case :icon_twisted:

Thanks for the info.

It occurred to me that I should probably ask such things while I was adding info on the existing ObsElevation source you set up on the Strider to the biki. I must have overlooked the elevationAnimSourceSpeed when I was hunting around the configs.

Getting some strange behaviour with the latest dev-build. I use this code to get player and his team-mates out of the spawned AI chopper once it lands. It have worked nearly a year, but now the team-mates stuck in the chopper, while it works for player, and also dont get out if eject command is given by player (but get out if player uses dismount command).

{
unassignvehicle _x; _x action ["Eject",vehicle _x];
} foreach units group player;

When testing with editor placed chopper (both empty and AI), the code again works (from esc-screen exec as [] spawn {the code}; ). Not sure what is happening. :S

Else the latest dev-build seem stable so far. Got crashes often with official build, but so far none with dev-build.

Video settings have a pretty bad bug. When I click View Distance slider the view distance shows rises at 40km maybe because it can't show how much the view distance reallly is AND my object view distance rises up to 13km at the same time! There's not a problem when I just edit the numbers but as soon as slider is touched everything goes waaay up. There's something weird going on there.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Changed: weaponAttachments renamed to weaponAccessoriesCargo (this set of technologies is not yet ready for use, heavily WIP)

Sounds promising, hopefully we won't be limited by one item per category/slot anymore!

Sounds promising, hopefully we won't be limited by one item per category/slot anymore!

Side mounted suppressors. Lol.

It'll be interesting to see what the feature entails though. Hopefully anything with tails can use any other compatible attachment.

Eh? It's just a command for returning a list of the weapon attachment items being carried as cargo in an ammo box or vehicle:

• Added: Script command for listing weapon's attachments in cargo (weaponAttachments)

All they've done is change the name of the scripting command to weaponAccessoriesCargo, to make it more descriptive of what the command does.

All they've done is change the name of the scripting command to weaponAccessoriesCargo

Arghhh, don't destroy my dreams :butbut:

I almost thought that things like placing a magnifier behind a holosight as a seperate item would become possible..

Video settings have a pretty bad bug. When I click View Distance slider the view distance shows rises at 40km maybe because it can't show how much the view distance reallly is AND my object view distance rises up to 13km at the same time! There's not a problem when I just edit the numbers but as soon as slider is touched everything goes waaay up. There's something weird going on there.

This is indeed true for me aswell. Screenshot.

Posted on feedback tracker here.

Edited by insumsnoy

Thanks for the confirmation. I wasn't sure is it somehow me only.

With a good system, and everything on Ultra, that would look amazing with that view distance. I've had this happen to be before too though.

Anyone else missing the actual gunshot sound for the suppressed MX, I only hear the mechanical cycling sound, no shot.

Anyone else missing the actual gunshot sound for the suppressed MX, I only hear the mechanical cycling sound, no shot.

Mechnical cycling sound? I think you mean the closure sound of the rifle.

with all those changes around FFV (addition of turn out support, adding vehicle_turnout_1 anim) is it ever considered (or maybe in progress?) to create param like viewDriverInExternal=1? Right now it's impossible to have turn out/in ability for vehicles that should have driver visible all the time (like cars or APCs with open-able view hatches).

Anyway, it's nice to see FFV is still evolving, keep it up!

Is it on purpose, that the Simulation Manager Module doesn't work for popup targets and similar?

Apologies. 'Turn out turrets' is short-hand for 'turned-out' cargo positions that have Firing from Vehicles (using personal weapons) enabled.

Does that mean the possibility of passengers leaning out of a window (or just shooting out of it) with their own weapon?

Mechnical cycling sound? I think you mean the closure sound of the rifle.

Probably, but I have just realised I'm not on the latest devbranch version so it's probably fixed.

Probably, but I have just realised I'm not on the latest devbranch version so it's probably fixed.

Probably, the last time I checked, it was fine. The only way a rifle can be that silent is Via. Sub Sonic rounds.