i'd actually like it, if you would just stop by pressing the movement keys. if there's anything arma doesn't need more of, it's scroll menu options. the less action menu the better. i think they probably removed the scroll action due to some problems with it.

i also liek the idea of wasting your FAK when interrupting. a less extreme alternative could be dropping it on the ground. that way you couldn't just instantly start healing again.

Dropping it and reduce its efficiency to half. With that I would agree.

With the new official build, some players are reporting that all vehicles suddently to sink partly in ground and get stucked, after playing very long (my WLA mission in SP). Also all vehicles spawned after the issue, also get stucked. Never heard/seen it happen with earlier game builds.

Can confirm. And I try spawning them half a meter up and it still happens. Although some later spawning vehicles of the same kind are OK and drivable.

There is a bug that captured enemy vehicles are considered hostile by some of your squad units. My machinegunner killed friendly squadmate because he was a driver of a captured enemy truck. Can anyone else confirm?

I tried to give him "No Target" order, but he is still locked on the truck even when dead friendly driver is out of the truck. He is basically stuck hostile and aiming at a truck. Strange.

Edited by Bouben

Can confirm. And I try spawning them half a meter up and it still happens. Although some later spawning vehicles of the same kind are OK and drivable.

I can confirm this bug too but...even if I shoot the vehicle (4 wheeled motorbike) til the vehicle is destroyed and respawns, when I get on it, it sinks again.

I had 4x motorbikes placed and they all did this. Get on, motorbike sinks, shoot it til it blows up, respawns, get on it again, sinks. Can't drive anywhere.

OK, I have to stress this out. My game is CTD a lot with latest 2 dev builds. I have disabled the registry tweak, disabled malloc parameters, did fresh reinstal of the game and it still CTDs. Mostyl, when opening a map or turning around fast. I have good FPS in the game. I also had 2 BSoD with those builds. Anybody having same problems? Thanks.

EDIT: It often freezes completely before it crashes. I sometimes have to end the process to. Very strange.

Edited by Bouben

Hey devs,

I'd like to bring some attention to this issue. Am I the only one having this? Is there a way to fix it? Or am I doing something wrong?

Changed: initSpeed in weapons - a negative value in weaponType::initSpeed means a multiplier for magazineType::initSpeed

So, for example initSpeed = -0.8; in weapon config means the muzzle velocity will be 80% of initSpeed in magazine config?

Woho! If that is true, then I want to say good job BI :)

Edit: Yes! It works flawlessly. Just tried it on some 5.56 carbines. initSpeed = -0.94; for the 17.7 inch barrel and -0.87; for the 10.2 inch AK5D. The ingame result was exactly what I expected. Good job.

Edited by Brisse

So, for example initSpeed = -0.8; in weapon config means the muzzle velocity will be 80% of initSpeed in magazine config?

Woho! If that is true, then I want to say good job BI :)

Edit: Yes! It works flawlessly. Just tried it on some 5.56 carbines. initSpeed = -0.94; for the 17.7 inch barrel and -0.87; for the 10.2 inch AK5D. The ingame result was exactly what I expected. Good job.

Yes, that's right the way how it is intended to work :icon_twisted:

• Like 1

I see you also added it to the vanilla weapons. Mk20C is no longer equal in muzzle velocity to Mk20. Very nice :)

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

Sorry for spamming the thread, but did something change regarding penetration materials for infantry weapons? They no longer seem to be bullet proof.

---------- Post added at 13:14 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

4-Five and Zubr both say .45 ACP when hovering mouse on magazine, but they both have unrealistically high muzzle velocity for such a cartridge. They are more than 100m/s higher than ACP-C2 and Vermin.

Hey devs,

I'd like to bring some attention to this issue. Am I the only one having this? Is there a way to fix it? Or am I doing something wrong?

Read the launcher dev thread.

Read the launcher dev thread.

This has nothing to do with the launcher, since I'm not using it, it's most likely a steam related issue.

This has nothing to do with the launcher, since I'm not using it, it's most likely a steam related issue.

OK, my bad, mate.

4-Five and Zubr both say .45 ACP when hovering mouse on magazine, but they both have unrealistically high muzzle velocity for such a cartridge. They are more than 100m/s higher than ACP-C2 and Vermin.

Yea, the 4-Five should have same velocity as ACP-C2 , as for Zubr that revolver should been .357 like the real thing is

• Changed: InitSpeed in weapons - zero value in weaponType::initSpeed means that magazineType::initSpeed will be used (initSpeed set to positive values in a weapon means a constant speed of the weapon independent on its magazine. Negative values mean a multiplier for initSpeed set in the magazine. Setting it to 0 means that the speed is going to be taken from magazine, this equals to setting initSpeed in the weapon to -1)

I don't really know what to say, other than thank you! :D

Fixed: The explosion of a car can destroy heavily armored vehicles - discovered certain confusion in the functionality of parameters "fuelExplosionPower" and "secondaryExplosion". This fix therefore revised all these parameters, optimized explosions of all vehicles and also added a (hopefully) proper description of relations between these parameters and vehicle destruction explosions.

Does that mean that we can roll a chopper at slow speed without going poof?

Pretty sure that's a NO. The exploding rolling choppers are intentional, and is a workaround to a different problem.

No. This should affect only the damage given to objects around explosion.

Pretty sure that's a NO. The exploding rolling choppers are intentional, and is a workaround to a different problem.

Not sure what they are working around. Depending on speed... You put more or less damage on fuselage and of course the blades are bye bye. Going poof is a bit much when you're going at 5 km/h and tumble on the side.

No. This should affect only the damage given to objects around explosion.

Oh well. Still a cool fix.

Not sure what they are working around.

Good. That means the workaround is doing it's job :)

On a more serious note, I think it was because of a problem when exiting the chopper. If the chopper would be allowed to roll over to the side while you were inside, you would probably try to jump out, but you would get stuck and horribly bugged, and then you would come here and complain about it. ;)

Good. That means the workaround is doing it's job :)

On a more serious note, I think it was because of a problem when exiting the chopper. If the chopper would be allowed to roll over to the side while you were inside, you would probably try to jump out, but you would get stuck and horribly bugged, and then you would come here and complain about it. ;)

You were and are able to flip all kinds of vehicles upside down and on their sides since forever and exit them without a problem.

But of course with the get out animations, getting out upside down and looking as if you standing perfectly fine in mid air, looks sketch to say the least. Not only that, typically, when you see a helicopter roll on it's side, the spinning of the places cause it to rip itself apart anyway, and relating that, realistically, takes ages. It's better if it goes poof to prevent nor issues of permanently rolling helicopters and people attempting to repair, permanently rolling airframes. Essentially, it'd probably be a mess. Boom seems fine, just don't roll it to begin with. =D

What are you guys talking about? The Insignia's for squad patches also works with vehicles. All you need is a squad xml. However, now that that's been brought up, I'd like to note attention to the dev's that the only vehicle the Insignia's don't work on currently are the fixed wing aircraft. I would like to suggest the Insignia is placed on the tail, and wings. If not the wing's, than on the side of the intake. But it should be on two places, the tail of the plane being one of them.

What are you guys talking about? The Insignia's for squad patches also works with vehicles. All you need is a squad xml. However, now that that's been brought up, I'd like to note attention to the dev's that the only vehicle the Insignia's don't work on currently are the fixed wing aircraft. I would like to suggest the Insignia is placed on the tail, and wings. If not the wing's, than on the side of the intake. But it should be on two places, the tail of the plane being one of them.

We are not talking about SquadXML. :)

We are talking about unit insignia which is very similar to squad XML but is placed on a different part of the unit (eg opposite arm to the XML). This is visible and test-able in the Arsenal.