Added: Strider commander is able to use a blue pill on his turret (controls are not set yet)

That doesn't make any sense for me, what is this change about?

Any usable bipods for the near future? Some servers restrict the use of mods. :/
A SITREP on the Marksmen DLC basically went "TL;DR: we're not saying anything yet about just what's in the DLC, but the bulk its content delivery to dev branch would be in March".
That doesn't make any sense for me, what is this change about?
*spits up drink*

Hint: The "blue pill" isn't a reference to The Matrix.

Hehe, I was thinking of the Matrix first :D

Now I got it, this will be an awesome feature! (I think the Fennek of the BW-Mod for Arma 2 had this feature as well!)

what if i want to use the red pill instead?

ive read in the todays SITREP that you guys are working on Performance.

my question is: is this only multiplayer related or do we SP players profit from the performance updates too ? means more FPS @ larger battles & more AI in SP ?

Those specific optimizations are for multiplayer. Generally we target whatever area we can squeeze more performance out of. A recent tiny optimization was connected to the sound engine and weapon reports heard at a large distance for example. It's a tough battle, especially when some cool new features can also take performance away again (a clear example is the AFM - whose libraries simply take FPS away when enabled).

Those specific optimizations are for multiplayer. Generally we target whatever area we can squeeze more performance out of. A recent tiny optimization was connected to the sound engine and weapon reports heard at a large distance for example. It's a tough battle, especially when some cool new features can also take performance away again (a clear example is the AFM - whose libraries simply take FPS away when enabled).

ok thanks good to hear :)

you guys really need to optimize arma 3 for SP im mean really really because the game feels unplayable most of the times and uses very few CPU source and more GPU please do something ...

Hehe, I was thinking of the Matrix first :D

Now I got it, this will be an awesome feature! (I think the Fennek of the BW-Mod for Arma 2 had this feature as well!)

Wel, I'm still in the dark..:(

What is that blue thing for?

What is that blue thing for?

The Strider (google for Fennek to get real world info) is an armed recon vehicle equipped with a periscope so that it can observe from a concealed position. The lense of the periscope shines bluish and looks like a pill.

The Strider (google for Fennek to get real world info) is an armed recon vehicle equipped with a periscope so that it can observe from a concealed position. The lense of the periscope shines bluish and looks like a pill.

So the blue pill isn't the pill with label "VGR 100"? :D

Isn't that because even blood gets soaked into the soil after some time? But yes the 3rd picture is weird, because there's concrete.

I thought it may have been some reference to the red and blue pill like in that film The Matrix. I was a little confused, thanks for the explanation.

Was there update today because I can't even launch the game even without parameters?

/Aaaand seems like there was according to the changelogs. Let's see :D Anyone else?

//Weird it was maybe my windows doing something. Took an update and now it launches.

///Restartiing computer and same thing is happening WTF. Maybe it was just a luck after 10 launches...

////Stable works dev doesn't so something isn't right in this update.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Fixed: Medics lost the ability to heal when target was teleported

That's great news :yay:

Improved: Road binarization

What exactly does this mean?

What exactly does this mean?

It's connected to preparing roads on terrains for vehicle pathfinding improvements we're working on.

Let's see :D Anyone else?

Yes, I had this problem after yesterdays update and its still the same after todays update. The program starts and then instantly closes. I was able to launch the game after verifying the game files yesterday but that didnt work for me today. It also happens when I try to start the game via the launcher.

Edited by insumsnoy

Yes, I had this problem after yesterdays update and its still the same after todays update. I was able to launch the game after verifying the game files yesterday but that didnt work for me today. It also happens when I try to start the game via the launcher.

Good that I'm not the only one. Yep the game crashes instantly with or without launcher. Arma 3 loading logo doesn't even show. So no RPT or crash files in Arma 3 appdata.

Could've been happening already yesterday I'm not 100% sure did I even launch the game then but the day before was working fine at least.

Stable no problems so it's dev issue.

Fixed: Medics lost the ability to heal when target was teleported

Saw a few people asking for this. Rejoicing inbound.

Not sure but it seems to me this broke interlapping roads at some places.

Most notably at the intersection near the airport:

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/545267653725332599/4A234FA66B19D03C8BFDE3591072376C8D7D196F/ (402 kB)

Well, the road have been like that since the beginning. Which now that I think about it, there should probably be a better way of making roads than this overlapping kinda thing.

I want a new engine BIS, please.

Yay!