Yeah I saw that too over Christmas, about 33000 on A3 and 21000 on DayZ when I looked at it. Was quite surprised given how much time and money's been poured into DayZ. I guess a lot of people are waiting for it to have more content & to fix the performance and zombies...

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Anyway, it seems the AI's vocab needs another couple of words added to it. I keep getting hundreds of lines of this. (I have some targets in the mission).

1:59:51 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
1:59:54 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
1:59:55 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
1:59:56 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:00:56 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:00:58 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:01:09 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:01:10 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:01:17 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:01:21 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:01:24 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:01:25 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:01:27 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:01:29 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:01:35 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:01:51 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:01:52 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:01:53 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:01:55 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:01:56 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:02:23 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target

Yeah I saw that too over Christmas, about 33000 on A3 and 21000 on DayZ when I looked at it. Was quite surprised given how much time and money's been poured into DayZ. I guess a lot of people are waiting for it to have more content & to fix the performance and zombies...

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Anyway, it seems the AI's vocab needs another couple of words added to it. I keep getting hundreds of lines of this. (I have some targets in the mission).

1:59:51 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
1:59:54 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
1:59:55 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
1:59:56 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:00:58 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:01:09 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:01:10 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:01:17 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:01:24 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:01:25 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:01:27 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:01:29 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:01:35 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:01:51 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:01:53 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:01:56 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target
2:02:23 Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolPER/: Missing word obj_target

Were stats showing how many of those on Arma 3 were playing DayZ and alike mods? :-)

and Arma 3 too ;) also more people play A3 concurrently ;)

Both still in top ten? Excellent! (though I have zero interest in zombies).

More sales = more money = more security for current & future staff = more devs/ongoing development.

Congrats to the team.

Orc

Were stats showing how many of those on Arma 3 were playing DayZ and alike mods? :-)

No idea, I guess a lot of it would be things like Epoch/Breaking Point and also life style games.

EDIT: Re: targets: I fixed those missing word errors by adding this to the targets config:

nameSound = "veh_infantry_s";

So now AI scream that they're attacking a man - better than nothing for the mo. :)

Edited by Das Attorney

No great surprises there - I imagine when Rockstar release the next GTA (with proper online) then we should see a lot of migration from Life players. That won't be for a good long while though.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Bug found:

Enemy Ai won't attack you if the vehicle you are in has a dead body belonging to their side. As soon as you leave then they attack. Note the dead guy on the .50 in the offroad.

I double checked it wasn't any scripts changing the sides. I'm deffo BLUFOR and they're deffo OPFOR all the way through the video.

Ticket:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22240

No great surprises there - I imagine when Rockstar release the next GTA (with proper online) then we should see a lot of migration from Life players. That won't be for a good long while though.

nope , a kind of altis life in gta5 will be not really possible with a max of 32 players (limit of gta5). in arma you play sometimes on servers with 100+ players.

Killzone_Kid pretty much answered it: the general gameplay concept is presumably still popular, DayZ SA's numbers only measure that specific, previously Rocket-helmed iteration while Arma 3's numbers benefit from the popularity of every "current gen" (A3) mod based on said gameplay concept and that of other gameplay concepts (yes, including milsim :p).

Killzone_Kid pretty much answered it: the general gameplay concept is presumably still popular, DayZ SA's numbers only measure that specific, previously Rocket-helmed iteration while Arma 3's numbers benefit from the popularity of every "current gen" (A3) mod based on said gameplay concept and that of other gameplay concepts (yes, including milsim :p).

I totally get it mate - Arma giving people freedom to make these things in the first place.

As much as I want to play DayZ, I still play Arma more as you can do anything you want whereas now DayZ is "your story" but not really like it used to be when it was a mod. God I sound jaded.

So, when do we get to know the specific region or at least climate zone of the new expansion terrain?

So, when do we get to know the specific region or at least climate zone of the new expansion terrain?

Is it just me or wasn't there some hint as to where it would be a long time ago? I can't remember of which thread it was in, but somebody seemed to be very sure of where it might be. IIRC, it was a much wetter, greener place with numerous swamps. It was shaped similar to Chernarus - kind of a 'corner' of land up against the sea. I've tried digging but I haven't been able to find it since.

I want to say Croatia or perhaps Bosnia-area, but google earth hasn't turned up anything I remember yet.

The coast of Croatia has many small, potentially promising islands and seems to generally fit what I remember in terms of moisture and such. Don't quote me on any of this though, it's a pretty vague memory from probably 9 months ago so I definitely can't say any of this for sure.

EDIT: wow, actually sort of found it. The picture is now missing but the information is still there. Apparently it was Albania, not Croatia. link

Nullrick said it was quoted off of 4chan where a supposed BI employee leaked the information so of course there's no proof that it's true, but interesting nonetheless.

Edited by the_Demongod

Apparently it was Albania

Hmm that's disappointing..i thought its gonna be Taiwan or China from the pics they posted in dev branch thread..

Late 2015.

Look among news section for roadmap.

What is about pre-aplha pictures like this:

http://blog.gamingdragons.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/arma3-screenshot09-gamescom.jpg (535 kB)

I haven't seen trees like this on Altis, maybe they are part of a prototype of the new map?

alot of things changed since. So perhaps that's something scrapped, and or saved for use on another map. Maybe they believed it didn't fit Altis too well.

Hmm that's disappointing..i thought its gonna be Taiwan or China
You and me both. And what pics are you talking about?

It looks exactly like Altis from Google Earth. Mostly flat and empty farmland (which BIS executes very poorly), with a lagoon instead of a salt flat, and more cities with 2- and 3-storey buildings only. If they include more of the mountains, that'd be great, but if the focus is just on that Altis-copy area... meh, I've got that map already.

Please bring this thread back on-topic, and discuss the rest elsewhere on the forums. Thanks!

I've noticed a snappier editor loading with first 2 updates from BIS holidays. I'm thinking you guys worked on something behind the scenes :)

Is anybody else having an issue with the current dev Branch version where optics with stepped (discrete) zoom, seem to zoom two steps at a time when you press the [NUM +]/[NUM -] keys?

For example if you're playing as in an MBT like the Slammer, when you start the optics go from the lowest initial zoom like this:

jKj9iI4l.jpg

and single press the zoom key (e.g. [NUM +]), the magnification level skips right to the third level as shown below, as though I double-tapped the zoom key:

k2FNomhl.jpg

and skips the second zoom level here (had to mash the screenshot key to catch it before the view switched to max zoom):

lzbqWCDl.jpg

Obviously it requires that the optics you're using have more than two discrete zoom levels to begin with, else it can't skip ahead to a 3rd setting.

I'm just wondering if it's a bug, or a problem with my keyboard or controls setup or something (like it's registering a single keystroke as double) before I write a ticket on the feedback tracker. So confirmation would be nice.

It's easier to notice if you're using optics that have more than 3 magnification levels, but AFAIK none of the stock BIS content has more than three. I first noticed it on my 3-12x50 PMII scope which has 4 zoom settings to represent 3x, 6x, 9x and 12x magnification. If I start with the lowest magnification the magnification steps will go from the first setting (3x) right to the third setting (9x) then to fourth setting (12x) which is the last one, so the optics can't take a double step between the 3rd and 4th setting. To get to the 2nd setting (6x) I have to zoom in to the 4th setting, then zoom back out so that it skips the 3rd setting and lands on the 2nd.

It's also noticeable if I use the tank optics in RHS Escalation since a bunch of their zoom optics levels correspond to different reticles and optics modes for the vehicle's armament, and they get skipped past in double-steps like I'm experiencing on all optics with more than 2 discrete zoom levels.

For the sake of the above screenshots though I made sure I wasn't using any mods (running vanilla dev Branch) and used stock BIS content rather than demonstrating it with the addons I mentioned: In case it was some addon conflict that was causing the problem. But it doesn't appear to be caused by any third-party game content.

As I said, it'd be nice if somebody could confirm this for me.

I noticed some problem with key presses too. Sometimes it starts the action but immediately aborts it, like changing from one weapon to another. Press ; enough times and you will see that some key presses do not change the weapon but only start and abort immediately. I bet anything this is connected to :

Fixed: Key blocked by script is blocked even if held for a while

EDIT: it is disaster, even switching firemodes is a lottery.

Edited by Killzone_Kid

EDIT: it is disaster, even switching firemodes is a lottery.

Aye, I just tested and sometimes it does seem like it skips firemodes on weapons with more than two rates of fire (for example weapons with GLMs), or when I'm cycling through the command sub-menus (`, 1, 2, 3 keys etc.). Then other times it behaves normally and I can pick individual firemodes and command menu items.

There must be another factor in whether it manages to recognise a single key input or treats it like a double-tap, else it's kind of hard to replicate consistanly.

I definitely suffer this behaviour more consistently with the optics zoom/FOV changes than other key-presses though.

Perhaps whether it skips or logs as a double keypress is performance/hardware-load related. You do get a bit of a spike in hardware usage when you switch optic magnification and the game transitions between LODs and mipmaps, so maybe that's it.

Since that change, I have to hold down my run/walk toggle for a second before it takes effect, rather than just tapping it. Pretty annoying.