When do you want to merge the Marksman DLC prototype into the dev. branch? This month or next or even later? I'm interested what features does it bring.

As I understand Mi 48 is a merge of two existing designs, the Mi 28 and Ka 50.

Mi48 is very heavy. Like Mi24. There is no such real world coax helikopter that big and heavy.

Someone can explain that glitch from the helis in multiplayer? If everyone try to enter at the same time, the acess to the rear seats are denied and the pilot needs to get out to make the entry available again. This didn't happened until the release of the DLC.

Someone can explain that glitch from the helis in multiplayer? If everyone try to enter at the same time, the acess to the rear seats are denied and the pilot needs to get out to make the entry available again. This didn't happened until the release of the DLC.

Is this happening on all missions? I noticed it on annex. Very Annoying.

Is this happening on all missions? I noticed it on annex. Very Annoying.

Yep, observed that too on invade & annex

Added: Code performance button for the pause menu debug console. Allows checking how expensive the code in the Expression field is.

This is so handy - thanks!

Thanks for info, should be fixed in the upcoming dev build.

Hi,

Post necro alert, but it looks like you fixed the Zeus Lightning1.p3d back in September, but the fix wasn't applied to Lightning2.p3d (or maybe it regressed). I'm still finding these entries in .rpt.

14:23:42 a3\data_f_curator\misc\lightning2.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
14:23:42 a3\data_f_curator\misc\lightning2.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
14:24:42 a3\data_f_curator\misc\lightning2.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
14:24:42 a3\data_f_curator\misc\lightning2.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
14:25:18 a3\data_f_curator\misc\lightning2.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
14:25:18 a3\data_f_curator\misc\lightning2.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape

Thx

Happy new year btw!

When do you want to merge the Marksman DLC prototype into the dev. branch? This month or next or even later? I'm interested what features does it bring.

It's more likely that the true bulk of content will arrive to Dev-Branch in March. Some features may appear sooner, like AFM did. We hope to be able to at least mention the features and assets we're developing sooner, in a SITREP for example.

It's more likely that the true bulk of content will arrive to Dev-Branch in March. Some features may appear sooner, like AFM did. We hope to be able to at least mention the features and assets we're developing sooner, in a SITREP for example.

That would be really nice ( to know the features ) to have some orientation of where to mod. Isn't a SITREP supposed to come tomorrow :P

Not tyring to sound negative here, but 3 months? Wondering how BIS' workpipeline looks like with such a huge amount of time needed for like every big update. I mean, when did the info about the DLCs appeard? That has been quite some months in the past already as well. Either it's always lots of internal stuff that gets added / changed, which nobody really sees or... Dunno.

/Edit: I am serious. I'd really like to know (not in a mean kind of way) why everything needs so, so much time. I mean, how big is the DLC team size, for example? Who does what in the team? Why is the singleplayer content rather low? Quality over quantity is great, and definitely the way to go, but then you suddenly read that BIS has drastically increased the team size over the year, but it doesn't seem to influence the development speed from the viewpoint of an outsider? My inner child is hoping that there are many more unannounced projects going on, but it also fears that there will be a sudden ArmA4 on the horizon because of x years since ArmA3 release and then yeah, who cares about ArmA3... Well, that would kinda suck.

Edited by Lexx

Not quite sure I agree that 3 months is a huge amount of time. To answer some of your thoughts:

"Why is the singleplayer content rather low?" - Because Arma is largely a sandbox game.

"doesn't seem to influence the development speed from the viewpoint of an outsider?" - Answered your own question.

"fears that there will be a sudden ArmA4 on the horizon" - They've already outlined their development plan so I'm not sure where this is coming from, I'd personally say that BIS are ahead of the curve in terms of being respectful to their consumer base and don't see this happening.

Also keep in mind they're working on a larger expansion in parallel.

Well, they aren't working on it since just now, keep that in mind. /Edit: Just googled, all that stuff was announced back in 05/14. Doesn't mean they are working on it since then, but on the other hand... it's not smart to announce something early that you didn't even remotely started working on.

"Because Arma is largely a sandbox game." - You mean that it's just a toybox for modders.

About the larger expansion... Well, my feelings to that right now are: If it's the same pace as ArmA3, then it's probably going to be a new island, two or three showcase missions with maybe a 2 hours mini-campaign.

Not that any of this fits the thread... Just crossed my mind after reading March, and then thinking that it's probably more likely beginning of April... yadda, yadda, whatsoever. :>

PS: I would like to use this moment to quote me again from a few pages ago:

Just noticed that the unit name isn't visible when using vehicle radio in the Taru (Bench) variant.

http://i.cubeupload.com/JMv95Q.jpg

Doesn't matter if I am using kbTell or vehicleRadio, both result in the same. It does work in any other aircraft / Taru variant.

Is this issue just with me or can someone confirm? I'd say I am pretty sure it's not my code, as the exact same works with other aircraft / vehicles.

Edited by Lexx

It would be nice if had the vermin smg a flashlight icon on the attachments, because the most people don't know about the standard flashlight on it, because it's a "secret".

11/10 post made me load up arma 3 with my laptop & trackpad on campus

Be really nice to be able to get an idea of what's coming in the marksman Dlc.

It could be a very important Dlc that brings new and improved features that flesh out the shooting experience in the Arma series.

That's a pretty huge remit and can range from realizing the communities most requested feature (weapon resting and bipods) to better distance textures to improving the feedback on targets being hit (aka better ragdoll, more authentic fall down on damage) to the fundamental weapon handling changes like recoil, more distinctive weapon handling, manual cycling the bolt action with animation support to the way scopes work . That's a ton of things. And only the tip of what the could be.

With so much and more potentially involved (or not) the sooner the true plan is revealed the better. Even if it's to control overly ambitious speculation.

Edited by twisted

Thank you! Waiting for the SITREP! I'm curious what features are you developing. :)

P.s.: Have you ever thought of a dev blog with weekly posts? Where every developer write some tenses what he did on that week(BROREP :icon_twisted:). I think I'm not the only one who is interested.

Thank you! Waiting for the SITREP! I'm curious what features are you developing. :)

P.s.: Have you ever thought of a dev blog with weekly posts? Where every developer write some tenses what he did on that week(BROREP :icon_twisted:). I think I'm not the only one who is interested.

You aren't.I would like to see someone breaking the 2015 ice of "report in" segments!

I'm afraid it won't yet be this SITREP. It's really not that we're deliberately trying to withhold information; we just want the information to be solid first. For example, it has already happened that an asset was in development for Marksmen DLC, but it was then pushed to Expansion (and another asset took its place). Announcing it early and then updating that information over time is too confusing (we've had valid complaints on over-promising in the past). Similarly, with features - some of them are rather risky and complex. Our programmers wanted to properly investigate the possibilities before committing to them. Why is DLC development seemingly going slowly? Here are some hints:

• I read somewhere that our team had grown hugely, but that's not actually true. It is the case for the company, but not Arma 3. On the other hand, we're very happy to be able to work on the game with roughly the same number of devs as during pre-release production. So no, there has not been an exodus to other projects.
  • Having said that, our team is still relatively small for such a huge game. We cannot run maintenance, multiple DLCs and the Expansion in parallel, nor did we hold back finished content for DLC (almost everything was / is created from scratch). Solving this is not a matter of quickly hiring a lot of extra staff - good recruitment and integration are very challenging.
  • Backwards compatibility makes development much harder. Adding a big new feature like Firing from Vehicles to a live game is much harder than doing it pre-release.
  • Growing as a team could mean: more, more, more! But we rather also use the extra capacity and knowledge to improve quality, fix and optimize. Such work is less visible than adding a new weapon for example, but should result in a more robust platform.
  • And we're only human. We learn from every project and every release and can only strive to be better next time around.

Oh, and OPREPs should continue in 2015 for those development updates. Korneel also has some cool ideas for others forms of community involvement.

Edited by DnA

Changed: Decreased deflecting angles of certain ammunition types because they ricocheted a bit too much

This fixed the 9mm bounce issue! Thank you!

DnA:

Thank you to clear it out! I understand that announcing something is a huge responsibility. Hint some information what are you working on is a two side card. It is good for the community, because maybe you announce long waiting feature or feature that available only via mods. It can chill out things. The other side is that what you mentioned. If you have to push something further it could be disappointing for the community. The way as is now in A3 is much better than it was before. I never even think about that i was able to firing from vehicles or have and advanced flight model in A3. :)

Edited by danczer

• I read somewhere that our team had grown hugely, but that's not actually true. It is the case for the company, but not Arma 3. On the other hand, we're very happy to be able to work on the game with roughly the same number of devs as during pre-release production. So no, there has not been an exodus to other projects.

It might be a stupid question, but since Arma 3 is somewhat of a flagship title, why is the team so small while the company grows ?

The only conclusion I can draw from that is that Arma 3 is the backburner and DayZ is likely the flagship title, which would be, to say the least, a disturbing thought...

It might be a stupid question, but since Arma 3 is somewhat of a flagship title, why is the team so small while the company grows ?

Company growth does not just mean the development teams expand, but also support staff. There are many important roles besides developers: QA, legal, accounting, HR, publishing, IT, facility management, etc. Growing in size and the amount of offices means more support staff is needed. Arma is very important to us, and by no means 'on the back burner'. Let's try to steer this thread back to the Dev-Branch however, before the mods notice our discussion ;)

Yea , dayz is a flagship title for bis now so the arma 3 is more like "side project" - thats why most of the things in the game are unfinished (looking at body armour , physx , missing proper wounding system etc)

I hope , you guys at BIS will bring something good with Marksmen DLC , only shame you cant say what features you are planning which is sad but anyway good luck for ya , you gonna need it :suspect:

Edited by RobertHammer

So if the Marksman DLC had something made for it, and it got pushed to Expansion, does that mean the Expansion gets something a little more? As well as the Marksman to replace what was pushed to Expansion? If so that's actually good news.

Also, awesome fix with the 9mm rubber bullet rounds. =P

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 14:39 ----------

Yea , dayz is a flagship title for bis now so the arma 3 is more like "side project" - thats why most of the things in the game are unfinished (looking at body armour , physx , missing proper wounding system etc)

I hope , you guys at BIS will bring something good with Marksmen DLC , only shame you cant say what features you are planning which is sad but anyway good luck for ya , you gonna need it :suspect:

DayZ isn't a flagship title. It's more of a casual development project with the baseline focused on test subjects (players) rather than Arma 3, being a development more on the Engine side, and Ai side. Arma 3 is the Flagship, but DayZ is the "Pop" Album that draws attention to the masterpiece indie Product that is Arma 3. Anyway, though, can't wait to see more info on the DLC Development.

Expansion is penciled for late 2015 (december).Is nowhere near marksmen scheduled for march as I hear.

DayZ isn't a flagship title.

Day-z has been in the steam top ten for how many months now? I seriously disagree with your opinion here.

Day-z has been in the steam top ten for how many months now? I seriously disagree with your opinion here.

and Arma 3 too ;) also more people play A3 concurrently ;)