makes me feel sad you cant see them in the holster let alone bullet casings lol

This SO much. You can see a rifle and Rocket launcher on your back, but you magically manage to pull the pistol out from invisible places. This needs to be changed. Oh, and i agree, that the Pistol's should not be caseless. Because as of current, there's no spent cartridge, and it looks bad.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

I really don't think we will ever see features like holstered weapons, proper reloading behaviours and complete customization options until the game engine is changed significantly. I really hope they make a big change in this direction with ArmA IV.

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

I would like to see BIS make a thread about all the old issues they are planning on fixing (from oukej's post).

By the way when you are focusing on pistols too then it would be a good time to fix this issue

because when i see No Bullet Casings out from Pistols in the first person view makes me feel sad

This one has stuck around since arma 2

Anybody else find wheels are like paper? My offroad taps into some uneven ground or a chicken wire fence and the front wheels are completely gone.

This has seemingly been an issue forever and should really get looked at.

Does anybody know if there's a simple config value I can change myself, in the meantime.

A bump? What speed were you going, and how severe was the bump? Physics are now a thing, unlike Arma 2, now the way you drive on certain terrain matters. If you wouldn't do it in your car in real life, don't do it in game. You can screw your tires simply by going to fast over some dips and changes in ground angle.

Anybody else find wheels are like paper? My offroad taps into some uneven ground or a chicken wire fence and the front wheels are completely gone.

This has seemingly been an issue forever and should really get looked at.

Does anybody know if there's a simple config value I can change myself, in the meantime.

if u look closely its not chicken wire fence..its a rebar fence..that thing is quite strong

Mmm let's not pretend vehicle physics are realistic or well done in Arma3; it has nothing to do with real life.

It was maybe a 20 degree incline that I hit at 50kph.

Not sure about you, but OFFROAD trucks are designed to be driven offroad. Also tires don't freakin pop and explode like that (If you want to pretend arma's physics are comparable to real life).

It was maybe a 20 degree incline that I hit at 50kph.

Not sure about you, but OFFROAD trucks are designed to be driven offroad. Also tires don't freakin pop and explode like that (If you want to pretend arma's physics are comparable to real life).

since you can´t damage the suspention or anything else, the "poping" wheels are a possibility to "simulate" a vehicle that cant drive anymore.

so all fine. just drive slower, and not in fences.

and believe me, if you hit the fence in a real car , you damage at least parts of the car, and pretty shure you won´t drive further ;)

Edited by themaster303

Tweaked: Engine code refactoring and maintenance

Spring cleanup in advance huh? Anything fun came from the refactoring? :)

Is anyone else getting stuck turning when parachuting? Unable to orient yourself because it's like your A key is stuck and turning you in circles to the left?

Is anyone else getting stuck turning when parachuting? Unable to orient yourself because it's like your A key is stuck and turning you in circles to the left?

I did some testing and it seems I have to bind A and D to Helicopter Cyclic left and right to be able to use them to steer the parachute. I had my joystick and mouse mapped to Cyclic already but the mouse can't be used to steer and just looks around but the joystick worked.

By the way when you are focusing on pistols too then it would be a good time to fix this issue

because when i see No Bullet Casings out from Pistols in the first person view makes me feel sad

ummmm... am I the only one who can see pistol bullet casings in the first person?

Spring cleanup in advance huh? Anything fun came from the refactoring? :)

Cleaner code will help with maintenance and adding new tech. Rather than just bolting new features on top, the programmers try to take a little extra time and improve / re-factor / document the area of the engine they are working in. This may not result in hugely visible entries for a change log, but every little improvement or optimization adds up to a more stable and well-performing engine > game :)

Cleaner code will help with maintenance and adding new tech. Rather than just bolting new features on top, the programmers try to take a little extra time and improve / re-factor / document the area of the engine they are working in. This may not result in hugely visible entries for a change log, but every little improvement or optimization adds up to a more stable and well-performing engine > game :)

Hah, indeed. Being a software developer myself, I can sometimes look at code that I've written myself ten years ago and think "What the heck was I thinking when I wrote that ?".

I hope this will help with fixing some of the long-standing bugs in the Arma codebase

Hah, indeed. Being a software developer myself, I can sometimes look at code that I've written myself ten years ago and think "What the heck was I thinking when I wrote that ?".

That's probably the same thing they thought :rolleyes:

Improved: PhysX updated from 3.2.4 to 3.3.2

Have you asked nvidia if they are going to deal with their clutch issue eventually?

The patch notes have plenty of notable entries. For example, i like the last few patches that work on threading. :D

I really want to know what thread locks are.