For the launcher, not for Arma 3.

Shows the importance of reading the categories on top of the patch notes haha. ^^

Anyone else need to browse everytime you want to add a mod in the list through all the folders? I can choose mods in the launch parameter so there's already Arma 3 folder open but with the "local mods" thing it always starts from the desktop and it's awful to go through the folders everytime you want to add a mod in the list.

/Maybe later every @ starting folder is automatically included in the Launcher's list?

Edited by St. Jimmy

Anyone else need to browse everytime you want to add a mod in the list through all the folders? I can choose mods in the launch parameter so there's already Arma 3 folder open but with the "local mods" thing it always starts from the desktop and it's awful to go through the folders everytime you want to add a mod in the list.

/Maybe later every @ starting folder is automatically included in the Launcher's list?

Yes, I had to browse to the A3 folder each time. It would be nice if the @ folders were detected automatically. The good thing is that this is only a one-time process for each new mod.

Quick(er) work around I've found for the folder browsing issue - if in the "folder" field at the bottom you type in the location of the Arma 3 folder (like so: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\") then you will (or I do at least) get a list of all the subfolders as part of an autofill option. That way, you don't have to navigate all the way from Desktop each time. Try it - probably makes more sense than me trying to explain it - hopefully it might be useful for some before BIS sort it out properly. I certainly like the new mod selection feature in general, very much so. :)

Sorry for that, we will fix this soon. O:)

Actually, you already can do that. Go to Options (through gear button on the top of the Launcher window) and add a folder containing @mod folders to the list. Launcher will attempt to detect valid mods and automatically enlist them. (It will enlist any folder that contains Addons folder with *.PBOs).

:yay:

I'm so happy!

Edited by St. Jimmy

Is the latest dev build 1.35128296 screwed? Not yet sure. Tried to play Armageddon mission, every few seconds 0.5s freeze. Started vanilla, its better, but putting up irons: short freeze. Stamina effect: freeze. GPU peaks in those moments...

I'm using dev build and three times today in the last half hour playing my mission arma 3 freezes up when its never done that ever and I've had arma 3 since the beginning ???

Is this because of the latest dev build ?

Edited by CB65

Probably not, because otherwise people would have reported. You need to start traditional analysis in appropriate threads.

Interesting Launcher updates, need to have a look at it again. Launcher folks, please simply expose all command line parameters to this...

Until now, I usually prefer juggling with cmd files.

Also (have not looked at it I admit) a "Create Desktop shortcut" option with the currently chosen cmd line options would be very nice! I mean, really really nice. Maybe with the possibility to pick an icon from an ArmA related icon set which you please include :) ! I know I ask for a lot, ha!

Seriously, a user friendly .lnk generation would make ArmA less support intensive. Mission makers could tell their users how to easily create shortcuts. You know the problem that people start missions with a specific mod set, then come back to the mission weeks later, but with another mod set and things do not work then.

Edited by tortuosit

I'm using dev build and three times today in the last half hour playing my mission arma 3 freezes up when its never done that ever and I've had arma 3 since the beginning ???

Is this because of the latest dev build ?

Yeah silly me I forgot I was running CBA and JSRS so I deactivated them and arma 3 is running ok again so there must be something wrong with one of them.

Well I have some good news, I just tried out the latest Dev build and frames seem to restored to the same level prior to 1.34 stable release. I also noticed a slight improvement which of course is a great development.

I don't know what you did BIS but thank you for that :)

I noticed almost the same issue with quad. It is only happen in MP. If i turn out the engine and i choose eject/get out, then when i press forward during the get out animation the vehicle engine turn on and start moving. Basically the issue is that i can control the vehicle during the get out/get in animations.

I noticed almost the same issue with quad. It is only happen in MP. If i turn out the engine and i choose eject/get out, then when i press forward during the get out animation the vehicle engine turn on and start moving. Basically the issue is that i can control the vehicle during the get out/get in animations.

That issue has been existing since launch of the alpha. I hope they'll fix it soon.

I haven't been able to play Arma3 for the last two weeks, so last night was my first time with Dev Branch in a while. Is anyone else having issues with AI starting off a mission in a stuck animation? They don't move/fidget/etc unless they see the enemy or get blown over by a grenade. I've also managed to get stuck when raising and lowering my rifle a couple of times quickly. Here's a pic of the issue (this is at mission start and not a capture of everyone walking):

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968612487/screenshot/45362999603257063

AI is almost unresponsive when they are assigned to HC. I'm not putting this past an addon, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which one and was wondering if anyone else might be seeing this. More trouble-shooting tonight...

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

Nevermind...looks like TPW is causing the issues for me.

Added: Command-line parameter ‘-loadMissionToMemory’ to enable loading a mission file into memory before sending it to players

What would be a possible advantage of loading the mission into the memory first?

I would like to know too. May it is send faster skipping to drive read? I notice as a client at mission stat, there is a pause at 25-35KB and then the download speed picks up getting progressively faster.

it will help

1. servers with HDD

2. those servers which restart same mission often

3. servers which have 'relatively small' number of missions on vote/rotation cycle

ofcourse if you have SSD or play thru 100s missions per weekend w/o full server restart then the gain is minimal or negative

being tested also on 1.34 PERF/PROF v5 http://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/2ne02j/call_to_arms_134_performance_v5_need_to_fill_two/

Edited by Dwarden

Is this a new warning?

I haven't seen it before and I changed what I'm doing (creating logics as vehicles) so I'm not doing it anymore. Just wondered is all.

4:08:04 UnExpected call of CreateVehicle for 'Logic', pos(16454.500000.2,-0.495644.2,12000.000000.2). Vehicles with brain cannot be created using 'createVehicle'!

Are ragdoll effects going to be looked at now the first dlc is out. The bobbing just doesnt look good or right.

Are ragdoll effects going to be looked at now the first dlc is out. The bobbing just doesnt look good or right.

The situation improved a few patches ago, but they still vibrate like crazy, even on flat ground.