Yeah, but when I fly with the AH-9 or any other helicopters I don't have that problem.

Odd... I play on an Arma 3 Epoch server, which Epoch STRICTLY enables advanced flight model with lots of helicopters across the entire island, and I still get amazing FPS. And that's without all the dynamic scripts and such going on... Plus rain.

---------- Post added at 16:51 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

Edit: Plus my laptop is no where close to some of your guys high end Towers. Lol

(changelog http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-Branch-Changelog&p=2798992&viewfull=1#post2798992)

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

I wanted to share with everyone opinion about minigun in HURON heli in usual view

position (regular freelok - not right click aiming view) and views and seat positions.

More often then not you will get your view centered on minigun like here

arma32014-10-2423-58-59-359_zpsf8554b3b.jpg

Now let's take a look how it's gunner seated and where is minigun positioned:

arma32014-10-2423-51-33-546_zps0950060c.jpg

Where are hands and where is minigun positioned?On the wrong height.To elaborate hands should be on the

same height as minigun.View or your head should be over minigun.

mingunexample_zpsd02492b6.jpg

This is how would look be viewed properly

arma32014-10-2423-58-51-367_zps9e222679.jpg

And if you are still in doubt reference images are always good

minigunreallife_zps3abbfb8e.png

Solutions would be chaning posture to upright or changing height of minigun mount to a hands level

or lower window edge level.

I'm reigniting this candle.

Since the last stable release we seem to be having difficulties taking and placing items from/to comrades backpacks in MP. Does anyone else have that?

Yes, host player couldn't take items from my (client) backpack on hosted server.

Yes, host player couldn't take items from my (client) backpack on hosted server.

We have the same problem on a dedicated server, stable branch.

This sounds interesting from todays changelog:

"Fixed: AI won't start moving if its target destination is hard to reach"

Could someone elaborate on what situations it may improve, are there feedback items that this fix has adressed ?

Thanks,

OP

Just wanted to let everyone know that I can't add the doors on the MH-9 or AH-9, but you can take them off of the M-900. As well as add the benches. Anyone else find this?

This sounds interesting from todays changelog:

"Fixed: AI won't start moving if its target destination is hard to reach"

Could someone elaborate on what situations it may improve, are there feedback items that this fix has adressed ?

Thanks,

OP

I'm hoping this is specifically targeting an issue from 1.34. Since the update I order ai to move and in a number of cases they go from move to nothing and stand there... re requesting the.move yields similar results and I have to move them in stages that aren't "hard to reach"

@enex: as far as i know the game 100% supports proper IK for the hands and animating the proxy to lift the pelvis. why it's not being utilised by the devs themselves is beyond me..

Major spam when deploying pods (6000 lines or so):

12:53:56 class HitPoints::HitEngine not found in Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_covered_F
12:53:56 class HitPoints::HitEngine not found in Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_covered_F
12:53:57 class HitPoints::HitEngine not found in Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_covered_F
12:53:57 class HitPoints::HitEngine not found in Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_covered_F

Just wanted to let everyone know that I can't add the doors on the MH-9 or AH-9, but you can take them off of the M-900. As well as add the benches. Anyone else find this?

Yes. Confirmed.

(changelog http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-Branch-Changelog&p=2798992&viewfull=1#post2798992)

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

I wanted to share with everyone opinion about minigun in HURON heli in usual view

position (regular freelok - not right click aiming view) and views and seat positions.

More often then not you will get your view centered on minigun like here

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o492/zemljaje11/arma32014-10-2423-58-59-359_zpsf8554b3b.jpg

Now let's take a look how it's gunner seated and where is minigun positioned:

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o492/zemljaje11/arma32014-10-2423-51-33-546_zps0950060c.jpg

Where are hands and where is minigun positioned?On the wrong height.To elaborate hands should be on the

same height as minigun.View or your head should be over minigun.

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o492/zemljaje11/mingunexample_zpsd02492b6.jpg

This is how would look be viewed properly

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o492/zemljaje11/arma32014-10-2423-58-51-367_zps9e222679.jpg

And if you are still in doubt reference images are always good

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o492/zemljaje11/minigunreallife_zps3abbfb8e.png

Solutions would be chaning posture to upright position or changing height of minigun mount, to a hands level

or to a lower window edge level.

Or increasing height of pelvis (correct me if I'm Benson)

@enex: as far as i know the game 100% supports proper IK for the hands and animating the proxy to lift the pelvis. why it's not being utilised by the devs themselves is beyond me..

update

Edited by R0adki11

Added: Clutter coloring by satellite map can be adjusted

Anyone know what this means?

Anyone know what this means?

This is a bit more complex, but long story short, blending of satellite and detail texture could have provided some strange results because it affects the clutter colouring (clutter somehow tends to get the colour of underlying surface). A new parameter maxClutterColoringCoef has been added to the configuration of a world that describes maximal coefficient of difference between colour of surface and clutter (obviously must be 1 or greater) :icon_twisted:

Thanks pettka, I will take this as a sign that the team is already moving into the production phase of the new expansion terrain :hehe:

Thanks pettka, I will take this as a sign that the team is already moving into the production phase of the new expansion terrain :hehe:

I definitely was not the one to say that :icon_twisted:

This is a bit more complex, but long story short, blending of satellite and detail texture could have provided some strange results because it affects the clutter colouring (clutter somehow tends to get the colour of underlying surface). A new parameter maxClutterColoringCoef has been added to the configuration of a world that describes maximal coefficient of difference between colour of surface and clutter (obviously must be 1 or greater) :icon_twisted:

There was this thing in DayZ's devblog some time ago:

We also got support for a colorize in the grass shader so that we can vary the color of patches of grass in a large field, adding some visual flare to the environment.

Same thing or can we expect even more? :o

They added a parameter to limit the grass mixing... they didnt add grass color mixing in this patch, it was there before.

Yeah, even just for more passengers. There's plenty of room in the back of the unarmed Ifrit for another two passengers if it was remodeled a little. I miss having the option of a soft vehicle that can carry a squad-sized group. Right now you can either carry four or five guys in an MRAP, or jump up to a HEMTT/ZAMAK/Tempest which is overkill if you've only got a squad to transport.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

One with ATGM would have been good as well. Also, more variants of Offroad (mounted grenade launcher etc).

Added: Possibility to force Advanced Flight Model from server config

Anyone knows what are the commands? (or is it the same as in the player profile?)