Is that specific to a terrain type?

Yes. Specific to rocky surfaces only.

Mortar MK8 has a problem when shooting the second round of HE ammo, player dies in shooting. Could someone else confirm it?

EXE rev. 127913 (game)

Edited by Metralla

I would like to again apologize to any A3 Supporters or DLC Bundle owners still having issues accessing the Helicopters content and update you all on the progress.

Thanks to help of the few of you I was able to check and verify that the accounts affected do in fact own helicopters DLC app - Steam WebAPI reports it as a permanent ownership (exactly as it should). This means that everything is set up as it should be for the Helicopters release, but it also means that it is not some stupid mistake or omission, which we can fix easily, but rather a system problem in the Steam - Steam was never really made to handle pre-release of DLCs.

We are trying to fix the issue with Valve, but it is entirely possible we might not be able to do so before the release of the Helicopters (at which point the issue should disappear).

So please be patient and stay tuned for more updates.

Thanks for letting us know. Since there is a workaround it's no big deal for me personally but may be for others.

/KC

New parameters for damage and projectile deflection. Sounds interesting! :D

Fixed: Taru pods not showing in the Zeus interface

A few things, the Taru pod was already in Zeus, the problem I was having was it not showing up in the Editor, a lot of things seem not to show up in the Editor, but everything I need is in Zeus... Which can't save any data.

Number two, why is the "mobile" Helipad... Not mobile? What I mean, is I can't life the Helipad with a helicopter, what's up with that?

W000t I suddenly got Arma 3 Helicopter DLC! Anyone else?

Edited by St. Jimmy

Good thinking to check - just had a look and it's activated now as well :)

Yep!

/KC

The taru bench pod can be boarded and then carried as a sling load. Really cool way to extract and inject people into tight compounds and low tree canopies.

However, I wonder what the purpose of these pods in general is, if they can't be affixed to the taru properly and instead only sling loaded. Aside from that, really cool new toys here!

Yep

In Taru Loadmaster position, avatar view its broken

Or rather the view is inversed.Bi knows.

The Taru load-master is facing the wrong way.

(changelog http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-Branch-Changelog&p=2798992&viewfull=1#post2798992)

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

I wanted to share with everyone opinion about minigun in HURON heli in usual view

position (regular freelok - not right click aiming view) and views and seat positions.

More often then not you will get your view centered on minigun like here

arma32014-10-2423-58-59-359_zpsf8554b3b.jpg

Now let's take a look how it's gunner seated and where is minigun positioned:

arma32014-10-2423-51-33-546_zps0950060c.jpg

Where are hands and where is minigun positioned?On the wrong height.To elaborate hands should be on the

same height as minigun.View or your head should be over minigun.

mingunexample_zpsd02492b6.jpg

This is how would look be viewed properly

arma32014-10-2423-58-51-367_zps9e222679.jpg

And if you are still in doubt reference images are always good

minigunreallife_zps3abbfb8e.png

Solutions would be chaning posture to upright or changing height of minigun mount to a hands level

or lower window edge level.

Edited by enex

The taru bench pod can be boarded and then carried as a sling load. Really cool way to extract and inject people into tight compounds and low tree canopies.

However, I wonder what the purpose of these pods in general is, if they can't be affixed to the taru properly and instead only sling loaded. Aside from that, really cool new toys here!

I'm sure that function is in the full DLC, right? If not, making all those pods an that type of a helicopter is very strange.

just found out: you can´t taxi with the huron. seems like the breaks are on all the time.

the slingload monitor: if you make the slingload-thing bigger in the config/layout its no more

useable. the grafic´s of the hight and the distance rings dont get bigger.

also you can switch the engine on / off , but if you get out it the engine stops automaticly. it

should stay on, like it was in takeon helicopter.

Edited by themaster303

Question (that might probably have been asked): Do you know if the Taru will stay as it is (with x variants, one for each pod) or will we be able to attach/detach pods on the go ?

just found out: you can´t taxi with the huron. seems like the breaks are on all the time.

the slingload monitor: if you make the slingload-thing bigger in the config/layout its no more

useable. the grafic´s of the hight and the distance rings dont get bigger.

also you can switch the engine on / off , but if you get out it the engine stops automaticly. it

should stay on, like it was in takeon helicopter.

if you eject the engine stays on, otherwise it follows SOP for exiting a helicopter (engine off before you exit)

It's just visual scenery. Stuff you place around in a base or stuff. Also you probably can do some more interesting scripting with it when in a singleplayer mission- see empty helicopter, black screen fade, empty helicopter suddenly has a pod attached, etc. Stuff like that.

Question (that might probably have been asked): Do you know if the Taru will stay as it is (with x variants, one for each pod) or will we be able to attach/detach pods on the go ?

I guess this won't be changed, at least not in the near future.

I would also like to see a menu overhaul, so the empty>air menu won't be cluttered with tons of different variants of the same vehicle(helicopter).

BTW: I would like to ask if this issue http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20695 could be fixed in the near future, as it makes the marid unusable in my opinion.

When firing mortar player dies or is injured. Shown in the video inserted into the spoiler :thumb:

Mode: Single Player

EXE rev. 127928 (game)

Edit:

the end of the video showing the problem

Edited by Metralla

Is it just me or can you not eject from fixed-wings anymore? I haven't tested with other vehicles yet though but I assume it's the same.

Ownership of the unreleased Helicopters DLC should now be added to people with the Supporter Edition or DLC Bundle. Can anyone like that confirm they now have full access to the content or not yet?

Noticed since this morning, the heli DLC is now displayed next to Karts and Zeus, so all good now.

Ownership of the unreleased Helicopters DLC should now be added to people with the Supporter Edition or DLC Bundle. Can anyone like that confirm they now have full access to the content or not yet?

Yes, noticed it was working on Saturday evening. As it was not apparently related to your releases, I assumed a steam update fixed this?

Yes, noticed it was working on Saturday evening. As it was not apparently related to your releases, I assumed a steam update fixed this?
Going by the devs' prior explanation -- that Steam wasn't made to support DLC pre-release like BI has done -- that would be the most likely explanation.