yea agreed. in general it would be great, if all the sound features of the helos would be applied in modified form to the fixed wing stuff. otherwise it's a bit inconsistent and makes the fixed wing stuff feel a bit dull in comparison. not talking about advanced flight model or anything. just the awesome immersion increasing things.

I agree. The just currently only have cruising sound which is a mix of engine and wing on the plane. When turning it's virtually un changed. A little wind pressure/wind breaking muffled and slight shake during hard turns would add so much for just a slight change as that.

If anything from DLC Helicopters is going to be applied to fixed wings, I think it will be after the release. They probably want to focus on the helicopters and make the DLC as polished as possible at release, and that is quickly approaching.

Not saying you guys don't have a good point though, just that BIS will probably not focus on such features at this time.

If anything from DLC Helicopters is going to be applied to fixed wings, I think it will be after the release. They probably want to focus on the helicopters and make the DLC as polished as possible at release, and that is quickly approaching.

Not saying you guys don't have a good point though, just that BIS will probably not focus on such features at this time.

Perhaps your right. Or perhaps it should be the other way around, you never know. I don't know how easy it is to apply that feature to something, but I figured that they aught to add it to other aircraft "before" the release. Simply because it would make the Fixed Wing feel naked, and the Helicopter feels like a whole new outfit full if immersion. But that's just me. BIS does what ever they have time for, and I reckon it's all good and well.

Do you have any more details about this? When it usually happens? (Even if it's only present in large MP scenarios and will be hard to catch.) Could you, please, create ticket on feedback tracker (if there isn't any for it already) and ev. let me know via PM?

It happens in SP (stable & dev branch).

is an example in a singleplayer mission. It has happened recently with the helicopter crashing sounds, although not for long as I was dead.

Feedback Tracker ticket http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21114 Looks like it has been reported twice before, but not resolved because it couldn't be reproduced.

Edited by alky_lee

It happens in SP (stable & dev branch).
is an example in a singleplayer mission. It has happened recently with the helicopter crashing sounds, although not for long as I was dead.

Feedback Tracker ticket http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21114 Looks like it has been reported twice before, but not resolved because it couldn't be reproduced.

Can agree this issue, this soundloop bug is so irritating. I was able to make this loop stop when i notice it. You need to walk a couple of meters (100-200meters) away from the fire, then pressing Escape and instantly back into the game and the loop is gone. Until the next fire is burning...

(Issue on Dev+Stablebranch)

Just now got shot dead through the cockpit of the Kajman, .50 cal Hunter, but that wasn't the problem. The problem was that the helicopter dived into the ocean, but when it hit the water, it make a splash noise, and it froze, along with the splash sound, and than it CTD. I'm guessing that it was a sound glitch maybe? I had Advanced flight model on.

I don't know if this was from the last patch, but I just noticed that with the normal helicopter FM when you increase collective rotor RPM increases and the transmission whine gets louder and when you drop collective blades slow down and transmission whine gets quieter. This is exactly the opposite of what should happen.

Does anyone else get random loading screens in dev branch mp, whenever I play coop with my friend on stable it works fine and dandy, but on any dev branch (its done this for every dev branch for at least a few weeks) the game will just get loading screens every 10-15 seconds... for about 3 seconds or so and it disappears , comes back every 10 or so seconds, it makes the game unplayable in dev coop for me, I am hosting the game and get this but it works fine for him, no issues.

Its not a problem with how I host, works fine on stable.

I don't know if this was from the last patch, but I just noticed that with the normal helicopter FM when you increase collective rotor RPM increases and the transmission whine gets louder and when you drop collective blades slow down and transmission whine gets quieter. This is exactly the opposite of what should happen.

Bang on mate, this has been this way in arma since way back.

Does anyone else get random loading screens in dev branch mp, whenever I play coop with my friend on stable it works fine and dandy, but on any dev branch (its done this for every dev branch for at least a few weeks) the game will just get loading screens every 10-15 seconds... for about 3 seconds or so and it disappears , comes back every 10 or so seconds, it makes the game unplayable in dev coop for me, I am hosting the game and get this but it works fine for him, no issues.

Its not a problem with how I host, works fine on stable.

Yeah been getting that for a while on Dev, i wouldn't worry though.

Does anyone else get random loading screens in dev branch mp

Yes, my friend who hosts has been getting this for ages. It went away a couple of weeks ago, but now it's back. He reverted to stable and then back to Dev to see if that made a difference, now the loading screen doesn't appear but we both get the same lag spikes every few seconds. He also gets some kind of error to do with campaign files.

Yeah been getting that for a while on Dev, i wouldn't worry though.

Why not? This has been happening for over a month. Maybe the MP update will fix it, maybe it won't.

Would love to see different anims for tactical and normal reloads http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21122

I second this, and a two handed walk animation rather than everyone including civilians and CSAT doing a "one man army badass one handed walk like pro MLG" animation.

---------- Post added at 22:10 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

Soldier hold their rifles in at center mass to lessen the fatigue on the arms.

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/diter/diter1002/diter100200017/6504237-russian-soldier-in-winter-uniform-with-the-machine-gun-on-the-forest-background.jpg (159 kB)

Of course, when their not blocking camera shots, it's held with both hands. You see holding rifles like this often with US/Canadian Soldiers in Afghanistan on Funker videos too.

[/color]Soldier hold their rifles in at center mass to lessen the fatigue on the arms.

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/diter/diter1002/diter100200017/6504237-russian-soldier-in-winter-uniform-with-the-machine-gun-on-the-forest-background.jpg (159 kB)

Of course, when their not blocking camera shots, it's held with both hands. You see holding rifles like this often with US/Canadian Soldiers in Afghanistan on Funker videos too.

That's how the russians train their soldiers to hold the rifle, becouse the Russian AK's have the safety lever on the right side and it's operated by the right hand before shouldering the rifle. Western soldiers do it a bit different since they use thumb safety. They shoulder rifle first, before switching off the safety lever.

I couldn't start the engine of quite a few wheeled vehicle yesterday on the dev branch including the hunter, hemtt and tempest.

I don't see mention of this being fixed. Can anybody confirm.

I couldn't start the engine of quite a few wheeled vehicle yesterday on the dev branch including the hunter, hemtt and tempest.

I don't see mention of this being fixed. Can anybody confirm.

Did you try scroll menu, engine on?

Yup. Second thing I tried after forwards and reverse didnt work.

Other vehicles such as the strider worked fine though.

Reverting to stable fixed it for me, going back to dev and it was not working again.

From the dev branch change log:

Improved: AI helicopter landing

I was wondering, is that for the advanced flight model, or also in verbatim?

I was wondering, is that for the advanced flight model, or also in verbatim?

The AI does not use AFM / RotorLib, so the latter :)

The last 2 versions development branch'm having trouble with this "tbb4malloc_bi.dll" module. Someone else is having this problem?

It happens with a mission edited with the mission editor, I only use the mission editor to play Arma3. :cool:

Nombre de la aplicación con errores: arma3.exe, versión: 1.33.127.716, marca de tiempo: 0x543afd6b
Nombre del módulo con errores: tbb4malloc_bi.dll, versión: 4.2.0.0, marca de tiempo: 0x543b0045
Código de excepción: 0xc0000005
Desplazamiento de errores: 0x0000a108
Id. del proceso con errores: 0x610
Hora de inicio de la aplicación con errores: 0x01cfe6ed2fb63d97
Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe
Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll
Id. del informe: 79a59495-52ed-11e4-8d15-a3e53f3663e9

Still not fixed. (Rolling sound in missing)

Hi,

Are you sure there isn't something wrong with your installation?

You've had this for a while and other users have said it's fine on their PC's. I've just checked and the sounds are playing when rolling about.

Hi,

Are you sure there isn't something wrong with your installation?

You've had this for a while and other users have said it's fine on their PC's. I've just checked and the sounds are playing when rolling about.

no his installation is right. but his reports are somehow not really clear. and sound more like "bitching a bit more often".

he should report that the sounds are not played on dirtroads, so then everybody would see the problem.

Edited by themaster303

I will start to bitch and moan about this ignored bug:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=116

It was reported 2013-03-05 15:36 and has priority high, severity major and reproducibility always...

The AI does not use AFM / RotorLib, so the latter :)

whats improved about it??? they land quicker? (hopefully), AI improved landing that is :)