"Fixed: Unused story characters have been removed from the editor (they are still available in scenarios)"

Do we know which have been removed?

thanks

I fail to understand the need to remove them from the editor...

I fail to understand the need to remove them from the editor...

I'd tend to agree. Although I don't know what's been removed I really can't see the point in removing stuff that apparently works.....

Yeah what the fuck, did someone get too much OCD over seeing an unused character... :confused:

Lets be real guys, who here wouldve gotten pissed, if in arma 2, they removed all unused characters.. obviously there were many things that were pretty much unused.. that was what made it good... for mission makers/modders etc.

Not even sure who felt the need to do this, I can maybe understand some UNITS being removed, there are a few that are just like.... "Soldier" in FIA and I have no clue what they are for.. but characters, no need to touch that.

Can the damn tanks be fixed?

In Altis, a small wall (30 cm) can stop a goddamn tank of 45 tons!!!

Edited by Wiki

Please stop using the word "fuck" and its abbreviations in such an aggressive manner... you are scaring the children :(

Can the damn tanks be fixed?

In Altis, a small wall (30 cm) can stop a goddamn tank of 45 tons!!!

This actually broke the progression of Resurgent West for me once, because a T-100 got stuck on a wall out in a field, and I couldn't even see it through Titan thermals because it was behind some trees (the final objective was to destroy all tanks).

It totally sucks: this + horrible AI pathfinding break the missions. Tanks in ArmA suck so much

It totally sucks: this + horrible AI pathfinding break the missions. Tanks in ArmA suck so much

Man, take your pills, please. We know that the AI issues are serious but your mental health seems even more serious.

Guys, I'm sure if you ask politely the devs will put the charachters back in the editor if they feel the community wants them. :D

Yay!

Guys, I'm sure if you ask politely the devs will put the charachters back in the editor if they feel the community wants them. :D
Or they'll find an excuse to explain why too much choice confuse players... like they did when they merged the friendly/enemy AI difficulty sliders 782132.gif

I was playing the campaign on dev branch lately, and I came across a slight problem in Supply Network. In that mission, I think there is a script that will put/teleport the convoy back on course every few while. But when it was about to arrive, they move rather slowly through that last town, and keep getting "put back on course". They will start moving again, slowly, only to once again got put back on course.

I am thinking you can reduce the polling rate of that script, so the convoy could move through without getting teleported

Since always? It does calculate some pathfinding but only of units local to the client. Typically this is only the group directly under the player's control.

All other AI calculations are done on the server or other clients if the AI is local there. Hence why a Headless Client local to the server helps with server fps, the AI calculations are offloaded to seperate threads on different cores leaving the server with game related operations.

Then why does server lagg cause low FPS?

@DNA

Is there going to be some work put into what happens visually when players/ai receive damage? As it stands practically nothing happens apart from rag doll trying to initiate for a fraction of a second then deactivating.

It's something we're also not satisfied with. Attempts in the recent past did not work out well (e.g. leaving the ragdoll on for longer meant the character spasms wildly). Our animation tech has limitations that makes it not easy to address. I hope we can at some point.

Hello,

we have removed the following story characters:

* Grover

* Hutchinson

* Novak

These characters have never been used in the campaign or any official content. They had been planned for the campaign, but never used or fully finished. They were missing identities as well, thus we decided to remove them. However you can use them, just using the class name as parameter. Also they won't be removed from your missions if you already use them.

It's something we're also not satisfied with. Attempts in the recent past did not work out well (e.g. leaving the ragdoll on for longer meant the character spasms wildly). Our animation tech has limitations that makes it not easy to address. I hope we can at some point.

It's good that you guys are looking at it. The positive feedback if your shots actually doing something to targets makes a huge difference. Blood/clothing particles on impact. The ragdoll in tpw mod is pretty good. It just falls down reflecting loss of conscious control

, but maybe it is too late to bring in another middleware for it.

A "simple" way to greatly improve feedback when shooting and getting shot is adding a clear scream of pain. Right now it doesn't play reliably and it's too quiet for it to sound like it comes from the player. Loud screams would be heard from an appropriate distance, not just if you stand very close to the unit that is getting shot.

For instance, if I'm in the field and I shoot/kill a CSAT unit from a couple dozens metres I should be able to hear its screams of pain.

And please, the flinch really needs improvement. In my opinion you should have made a proper flinch animation instead of this ragdoll/animation hybrid flinch thing.

Edited by FrankHH

Hello,

we have removed the following story characters:

* Grover

* Hutchinson

* Novak

These characters have never been used in the campaign or any official content. They had been planned for the campaign, but never used or fully finished. They were missing identities as well, thus we decided to remove them. However you can use them, just using the class name as parameter. Also they won't be removed from your missions if you already use them.

Thanks for the reply zozo

•Added: Enabled Sling Loading for helicopters (this technology is still work-in-progress)

Exciting times - looking forward to trying this later :)

getposatl for buildings appears to be completely borked with the latest dev release, and always returns 0 for y.

hint format ["ASL:%1 ATL:%2",getposasl nearestbuilding player,getposatl nearestbuilding player];

This has killed a few addons of mine.

A "simple" way to greatly improve feedback when shooting and getting shot is adding a clear scream of pain. Right now it doesn't play reliably and it's too quiet for it to sound like it comes from the player. Loud screams would be heard from an appropriate distance, not just if you stand very close to the unit that is getting shot.

For instance, if I'm in the field and I shoot/kill a CSAT unit from a couple dozens metres I should be able to hear its screams of pain.

And please, the flinch really needs improvement. In my opinion you should have made a proper flinch animation instead of this ragdoll/animation hybrid flinch thing.

You are right. I can imagine even longer screaming, loud talk. Like: "Fu*k im hit, i'm hit, f*k aghhh, sssss" and variation of these.

Yeah, slingloading is working fine after some first tests. Much better than the other scripted attachto solutions, since the rope and the object on the rope seem to use physx.

I am impressed so far! Good work BI!

Hi everyone,

as you already noticed we deployed sling loading to dev branch and I've just created new thread for feedback so would you kindly share your experience with sling loading there?