watch this video, dont forget this problem, demand answers from BI!

Huge amount of objects and view distance has that kind of a problem likely in every engine. AI and sync also kills the performance. That video doesn't help much except people who like to see how to optimize their graphics for Arma.

New firing sound for tanks. Not mentioned in changelog.

Unbelievable, a massive improvement. It actually sounds like a real tank firing. I wonder if they also improved the sound of the Slammer firing?

But to hear the updated sound you need to disable the sound mod if you use any. Not worth it I guess.

Huge amount of objects and view distance has that kind of a problem likely in every engine. AI and sync also kills the performance. That video doesn't help much except people who like to see how to optimize their graphics for Arma.

sorry but this is about the CPU problem and you can see that ArmA 3 does not use all of the CPU and the CPU usage is mostly under 50% percent, no matter what settings you have.

Except that FPS in A3 plummets even when the map has zero objects and you turn object view distance to 12 km.

sorry but this is about the CPU problem and you can see that ArmA 3 does not use all of the CPU and the CPU usage is mostly under 50% percent, no matter what settings you have.

Try running a local dedicated server and joining it on the same system and see if that makes a difference. It should distribute workloads better taking advantage of multiple cores. It leaves the client with just graphic calculations and the server with all AI stuff and everything else.

But yeah, for Arma: clockspeed > n amount of cores. This isn't really anything new.

It leaves the client with just graphic calculations and the server with all AI stuff and everything else.

I thought that one of the biggest MP performance problems was that the client has to calculate the AI and stuff. Since when does the client only calculate graphics?

I thought that one of the biggest MP performance problems was that the client has to calculate the AI and stuff. Since when does the client only calculate graphics?

Since always? It does calculate some pathfinding but only of units local to the client. Typically this is only the group directly under the player's control.

All other AI calculations are done on the server or other clients if the AI is local there. Hence why a Headless Client local to the server helps with server fps, the AI calculations are offloaded to seperate threads on different cores leaving the server with game related operations.

Pretty sure you're using a sound mod, bro.

Sigh, turns out the sound was disabled because I was running East Vs. West mod, I was hearing originals. Apologies.

There are massive AI driving problems at the moment. BIS should really get on this because it makes the Hunter convoy in Moral Fiber look absolutely ridiculous and probably causes many other bugs throughout the campaign.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Thank goodness you mentioned that, 2nd Ranger - my whole MANW campaign has gone nuts because of the AI pathfinding - I'm sure we'll get a quick fix soon! :-p I thought it was just me!

Edited by Kydoimos

watch this video, dont forget this problem, demand answers from BI!

put up a new video, yours is a year old !!

btw, you shouldn´t do 10000m viewdistance with your system, if you play on altis that will

never work.

so best you do a new video on altis so there is an uptodate testvideo.

put up a new video, yours is a year old !!

btw, you shouldn´t do 10000m viewdistance with your system, if you play on altis that will

never work.

so best you do a new video on altis so there is an uptodate testvideo.

Im not the creator of this video.

yes the video is 1 year old, yet the problem still exist. its a game bug. no matter what settings you have, the CPU utilization will be low.

Thank goodness you mentioned that, 2nd Ranger - my whole MANW campaign has gone nuts because of the AI pathfinding - I'm sure we'll get a quick fix soon! :-p I thought it was just me!
According to the most recent AI-specific dev branch changelog (separate from the regular changelog), AI pathfinding is being worked on.

Probably important to distinguish AI Infantry or driving pathfinding as they are two completely separate animals.

Ah, if the AI pathfinding is being worked on, that'd make some sense - but yes, certainly making vehicles act strange - perhaps their pathfinding is being worked on as well?

---------- Post added at 07:10 ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 ----------

A dev post on the Feedback tracker confirms the AI vehicle pathfinding issue - they're on it! :cool:

AI controlled Marid won't move if placed in water. Just sits there like a lemon. Will check FT when home and put up a ticket if not on there.

Newest Iteration of arma3.exe and arma3diag.exe were recognized as Malware with 360 Security

zwischenablage01murrd.jpg

@DNA

Is there going to be some work put into what happens visually when players/ai receive damage? As it stands practically nothing happens apart from rag doll trying to initiate for a fraction of a second then deactivating.

There is a chance to fix the simple woodland uniform with correct velcro and patches on shoulder? (and also the shadow on assassin helmet )

the simple woodland is very useful for mission maker and the MP in general

"Fixed: Unused story characters have been removed from the editor (they are still available in scenarios)"

Do we know which have been removed?

thanks