I'm not gonna get in the setting of A3 vanilla, as with RHS Escalation that will be solved, but...

A2's content level was augmented by a lot if not the majority of its assets being reworked ArmA and Game 2 content, something which the devs chose not to do for Arma 3 with a few exceptions (the Mora and the Hellcat, dunno what else).

I don't know what you mean by "few exceptions":

Arma 2: the Kamaz family, the unguided NATO AT, Quad

OA: the plane UAV, XH6 family

British DLC: The Mora, the Hellcat, the Mohawk

PMC DLC: Orca

Czech DLC: the Buzzard, the Gorgon ( its turret was used also in the CSAT IFV )

Funny thing, is that these A2 ports are some of the best content of the A3 vanilla.

Edited by MistyRonin

I actually don't remember the quadbike being in A2, but fair play on the other ones... though I'd actually forgotten all about the Gorgon. Though that's hilarious in that morbid way that there was a perception of "so little content" at launch even with all that you described.

I actually don't remember the quadbike being in A2, but fair play on the other ones... though I'd actually forgotten all about the Gorgon. Though that's hilarious in that morbid way that there was a perception of "so little content" at launch even with all that you described.

IMO the amount of content was nice. The problem was and still is the lack of personality of the armies and the abuse of cloning ( I still don't get why the clone turrets haven't been changed ). But that's off-topic here, my full opinion on the subject ).

Then you differ from them on that front, although some of course complained about the cloning as well. At this point though I deeply suspect that "differing turrets" just isn't internally considered a priority, especially when they can get more, better and immediate word of mouth and more longer-term benefit from working on other things instead such as the features accompanying the Helicopters DLC.

(As for "lack of personality of the armies"... I do find it ironic that the one that people think has the most consistency/personality is the one that's treated by BI as the second-tier force, the GREENFOR/INDFOR, the game's equivalent to the CDF... :p)

Probably has to do with nearly all optics are destroyed when you go under water thus not allowing them on the SDAR would make sense.

True, however, it's Arma 3, it's in 2035, and when i go underwater with a Katiba, ARCO, Flashlight and Suppressor, everything works back on land later on anyhow. So maybe a Railed version of the SDAR would be good, just for land use i guess.

I actually don't remember the quadbike being in A2

If you've ever been driving one in A2 you'd remember. Oh the horrors.

I'm wondering if we'll ever see equivalents of A2 assets that are missing in arma3,

like MRAPs with AT launchers, maybe a vehicle similar to the stryker,

rocket artillery for opfor and last but not least (what I'm missing most),

motorcycles and bicycles.

Recon missions on bicycles were a blast in A2.

Oh sweet god.

You could gain heights of 50m with that shit in takistan.

No shit, in a mission where we could only use quad bikes we died so many times we gave up the mission.

Like, at least 30+ times from flipping 20 feet up lol from a 6 foot tall hill or a 1 foot rock

I think Arma 3 is missing Ultra Light Combat Vehicles. ATV's are good, but weak for an All Terrain Vehicle. ULCV's provide a sturdy frame, better engine than a quadbike, and are compact, around the size of a Hatchback. It would be the equivalent to say, the military offlroad cut off top from Arma 2, but better. ATV's slip and slide alot...

I'm wondering if we'll ever see equivalents of A2 assets that are missing in arma3,

like MRAPs with AT launchers, maybe a vehicle similar to the stryker,

rocket artillery for opfor and last but not least (what I'm missing most),

motorcycles and bicycles.

This is certainly a valid point to raise against the content level of A3 -- but in an ironic way I think that a bunch of the "hull reusage" in Arma 3 actually meshes with the Stryker's 'common chassis' concept. :p As for the rocket artillery for OPFOR... there were strings in Arma 3 mentioning a Tempest LRS and Zamak LRS, so they may have been in consideration at one point and hopefully may return in the future. Finally... I'm rather intrigued by the idea of MRAPs with AT launchers, although with how narrowly BI's chosen to present armored cars (and the sheer lip service paid to armor) I hesitate at imagining how said AT MRAPs would be implemented.

I'm not gonna get in the setting of A3 vanilla, as with RHS Escalation that will be solved, but...

I don't know what you mean by "few exceptions":

Arma 2: the Kamaz family, the unguided NATO AT, Quad

OA: the plane UAV, XH6 family

British DLC: The Mora, the Hellcat, the Mohawk

PMC DLC: Orca

Czech DLC: the Buzzard, the Gorgon ( its turret was used also in the CSAT IFV )

Funny thing, is that these A2 ports are some of the best content of the A3 vanilla.

The UAV is not a copy of the Arma 2 one. OA had the VBS-2 Predator Drone, and the XH-6 series is from Take on Helicopters, not Arrowhead. New A3 Assets meanwhile include: All Uniforms, All Vests, Headgear and Weapons. Slammer, Kumak and T-100, BTR-K. Hunter, Ifrit, Strider, Pickup and all Civvie Vehicles. RAH-66, Hamok. The Mora is heavily redesigned from the BAF equipped one. Additionally, all new Island with assets to go along with, even if some environmental assets were recycled. A3 has a ton more new content than any other Arma release so far.

A transport aircraft is also missing in A3, an A400M would have been perfect in the game.

Hopefully the upcoming dlcs will bring us more assets.

maybe a vehicle similar to the stryker,

I think at least three variants of the Marshal (Regular Canon, Mortar and Medevac) and two variants of the CSAT 6 wheeled APC (Regular RWS, Medevac) where planned. The pictures are in the gamefiles. there is also a ton of other interresting stuff, like a ghosthawk with external weapons or tanks.

I hope that we see some of the planned variants as a free update between the helicopter and the marksmen dlc, maybe at the end of the year...

BI likes to copy and paste, so why not make these variants?

A transport aircraft is also missing in A3, an A400M would have been perfect in the game.

Hopefully the upcoming dlcs will bring us more assets.

A400M is way too big IMHO.

Yay!

First AI issue with today's dev build. I not found ticket on feedback tracker, so here you are.

It always reproducible via save game. Can somebody confirm it?

i confirm that the AI end up showuting relaoding. its so bad i can walk up ot the ai . when i did i noticed a kind of ticking or whirring sound coming from them or their weapon. quite wierd. this noise died about 1 second or so after the AI died from a shot to the bean.

Did you get a warning at startup about something cba_xeh need ca_data something like that? I'm playing with CBA of course

Did you get a warning at startup about something cba_xeh need ca_data something like that? I'm playing with CBA of course

yes i did. forgot about that but it was unusual

Did something happened to the optimization part? This recent dev branch feels a lot smoother. Maybe the AI pathfinding optimization thingy?

Added: New surface for dirt runways with specific dust effect

There is no dust effect now.

Little off topic, but without creating separate thread - Is the official build from last week available in all locations? There is players still stucked to 1.24 saying the game dont update. One post from my mission page in steam:

"on my arma 3 official launcer said the game is up to date,it said 1.24 meanwhile the newest is 1.26. i guess its steam problem.how i update this game manually?"

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=173155826

Causin conflict in my mission since using the new setTimeMultiplier-command.

Edit: Seems like just some hassle from many player's end.

Edited by SaOk

^^ check you have enough space ... I encountered that on my small SSD !

when using arma3diag.exe i get these two errors when reloading magazines on vehicles (e.g. Hunter HMG, Kuma Coax MG, etc)

2014-08-30_0000369sr6.jpg

Is the arma3diag.exe outdated compared to arma3.exe, or does it just report more errors that the arma3.exe hides?

Hmm, AI getting stuck endlessly reloading gets tired very quickly. This is an acknowledged issue, I hope it's fixed soon because battles fizzle out pretty quickly otherwise.