I think the sway in current dev branch is quite spot on... while prone it's still hard to hit targets that's more than 200m away... below that, the sway is negligible enough you don't have to use the Hold Breath button and you can rapid fire at the target. More than 200m, hold breath really needed and loads of patience. And here comes the problem, lack of suppression or the sense of preserving one life in the AI mind makes it really unforgiving and sometimes downright frustration.

For example: I fired enormous amount of lead into the target direction and landed/fly around him very closely that a human player would probably try to displace or in turn pour more lead into my direction (not aimed shots). But the AI calmly fired an aimed shots, though most of the time missed but eventually will find its mark... playing with bCombat really helps alot

I think the sway in current dev branch is quite spot on... while prone it's still hard to hit targets that's more than 200m away... below that, the sway is negligible enough you don't have to use the Hold Breath button and you can rapid fire at the target. More than 200m, hold breath really needed and loads of patience. And here comes the problem, lack of suppression or the sense of preserving one life in the AI mind makes it really unforgiving and sometimes downright frustration.

For example: I fired enormous amount of lead into the target direction and landed/fly around him very closely that a human player would probably try to displace or in turn pour more lead into my direction (not aimed shots). But the AI calmly fired an aimed shots, though most of the time missed but eventually will find its mark... playing with bCombat really helps alot

Yea, I wish BIS would do something about AI reacting appropriately to suppressive/covering fire. It really throws a sense of authentic warfare out the door when an AR is firing at the general direction that the OPFOR is coming from and they don't 1. lower rate of fire (or stop firing all together) and 2. find cover.

I interrupt this fatigue and sway circlejerk for a quick plea.

On behalf of my sanity, 159 upboats for this issue and countless stillborn features, I come here to lobby for some attention and addressing of this ticket in some way.

Thank you, you may now resume your scheduled programming.

Request:

A lot of the negative feedback about the new fatigue system seems to come from people who are simply uninformed. They mostly didn't bother to read up on the changes and don't know about certain things (like that you get tired faster if you run with your weapon raised)

I urge you to talk with Dslyecxi about a new community guide video focusing on fatigue. That might be the fastest way to teach the new system.

A lot of the negative feedback about the new fatigue system seems to come from people who are simply uninformed. They mostly didn't bother to read up on the changes and don't know about certain things (like that you get tired faster if you run with your weapon raised)

Yes, informing them of and showing them how to deal with the new challenges would be great. But I think the other cause for complaint is simply that people come into the game with unrealistic expectations, that they believe are realistic. Ie. they expect a soldier with a 40 pound rucksack to jog for an hour. Or they expect to be able to down and enemy at 800m within 5 seconds of spotting him. It leads to frustration and disappointment and generally the word "unplayable" is included within this type of feedback.

The game has changed and people will need a bit of help learning to adapt. I know I certainly had to change the way I played. But in the end it was for the better.

The game has changed and people will need a bit of help learning to adapt. I know I certainly had to change the way I played. But in the end it was for the better.

Exactly how I feel about it.

Couple of suggestions for Arsenal:

• "Clear" button - removes all gear from the unit, useful when you really want to start from scratch without having to go through all the tabs and set them to <Empty>. Current workaround is to make such a loadout and save it so you can load it when you need it.
  • "Presets" button - Ability to load in a loadout based on an already existing editor unit. So you can use it as a starting point if you're already happy with most of the customization on it, but want to change only one or two things. Support for this is already existing as a random existing unit is loaded every time you start the Arsenal. This could be a tree menu like in Zeus that only contains infantry.

New video would be great! Just as you guys said the new fatigue system require time to learn for the veteran arma players too. I could adapt it quite quick, but two of my friend(beginners) think is is unrealistic. Now we are use the ShackTac stamina bar which helps them to realize how their fatigue change.

• "Clear" button - removes all gear from the unit, useful when you really want to start from scratch without having to go through all the tabs and set them to <Empty>. Current workaround is to make such a loadout and save it so you can load it when you need it.
  • "Presets" button - Ability to load in a loadout based on an already existing editor unit. So you can use it as a starting point if you're already happy with most of the customization on it, but want to change only one or two things. Support for this is already existing as a random existing unit is loaded every time you start the Arsenal. This could be a tree menu like in Zeus that only contains infantry.

This would be great.

I'll add that the saved gears should go in alphapetic order so we could organize them better.

From today's changelog:

Compiled by Lord of the Bounce while Master Lord Joris explores more modern means of naval combat.
Man, the-powers-that-be's infantry bias raises its ugly head again... even if for what some people want "Arma naval warfare" would be better done in CMANO. :rolleyes:

• Changed: Decreased fatigue gain rate. Related to engine changes / data fixes (should be roughly equal to previous state); additional tweaking to follow

This is a very good change... But you're going to decrease the rate at which fatigue lowers, too, right? Right...?

Have something changed with KbTell? I have AI units speaking at player (west soldir), with green soldiers I can hear normally the custom voice-files playing from them, but with civilians only lips move, but cant hear the voice. Havent changed anything and before the voices worked normally for months. Cant find what could be wrong.

Edit: Tried adding the civilian topic for player and green soldier, both working. But then when given for civilian only lips move, no sound. Is there some massive offset for voice-source?

Edit: Ticket http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19878

Edited by SaOk

From today's changelog:Man, the-powers-that-be's infantry bias raises its ugly head again... even if for what some people want "Arma naval warfare" would be better done in CMANO. :rolleyes:

Research trip ;)

Research trip ;)

...Pacific / Asia expansion confirmed! :oh:

I've just read the new report. You write that it is now possible to steal enemy drones. During the Adapt campaign you get a secondary objective to take out a CSAT drone scout team in a forest. One of them has a drone terminal. Wjll you now be able to control their drone if you pick up the terminal?

I've just read the new report. You write that it is now possible to steal enemy drones. During the Adapt campaign you get a secondary objective to take out a CSAT drone scout team in a forest. One of them has a drone terminal. Wjll you now be able to control their drone if you pick up the terminal?

No, you won't be able to do that, you still need a Terminal of your own side to control any UAV. But you are now able to change the side of an enemy UAV (via action menu and only if you are an UAV Operator) to your own and connect to it after that. We have been thinking about ability to use a stolen enemy Terminal as well, but there would be negative impact on persistent game mods. One stolen Terminal of your side and all your UAVs would be almost useless for the rest of the game. Because of this, we have decided to use different approach, which is currently present in dev branch.

Edited by DarkDruid

Read the sitrep, and that's what i like to hear. Also waiting patiently to try out the Rotor-lib on dev in the near future, and curious as to how they are pulling off the shooting from vehicles.

Hello BI,

Have you abandoned the try to make the engine utilize more than 2 gb Ram?

Edited by Nikiforos

Hello BI,

Have you abandoned the try to make the engine utilize more than 2 gb Ram?

They haven't, you can read it in the changelog thread

They haven't, you can read it in the changelog thread

Which one? Can't find anything related. Do you mean the old one ? A month ago?