The introduction of addons messed up the thumbnails of missions in the workshop. Instead of the images the creators it shows for most of the missions a grey thumbnail.

Yea, I can see it as well. Steam had problems recently with its image servers so perhaps it might be beyond the Publisher. We will investigate more.

Any BI Developer can you please say anything about this ? For some reason you guys just ignoring it , at least say reason why

I can't start arma via the launcher. It always says that steam is in offline mode, even tho I am online. My assumption is that this may because I don't use the default steam game libary but another one on a different drive. When I click on play (while in offline mode) the launcher crashes.

Do you have Windows 8.1? If you do try disabling UAC (http://techzend.com/disable-user-account-control-windows-81).

Edited by dazhbog

No, running Win7. Even starting the launcher with admin rights does not work.

I can somewhat confirm this. It crashes for me if you try to start the game while an addon is updating and you decide you want to unload it instead of waiting. Sometimes it says that Steam is in offline mode during this.

Post Processing effects are completely broken.

Works good on my machine.

Have you by any chance updated your graphics drivers lately?

Post Processing effects are completely broken.

I had something like that happen in a King of the Hill server a week or so ago. I never went back there, so I don't know if it's still happening, but I was on stable.

EDIT: Any news on this issue? It's still not working for some vehicles, the AAF Officer clothing and possibly other things.

Edited by barakokula31

Works good on my machine.

Confirmed, Works good on my machine.

He has a problem with your graphics card, check your drivers and configurations.

Nope.

Only Dev affected, on Stable everything's fine.

If anyone's interested in what the launcher looks like, I made a post in the "BIS' New Game Launcher" thread:

I print-screened these and then cropped them, so that's why they look so strange :p The black background is my desktop.

Launcher

Parameters menu

Addons menu

Settings menu (in the bottom right, the gear icon)

The Bohemia Interactive, Workshop, Support and Feedback buttons take you the BI website, Arma 3 Steam Workshop, the BI Support website and the Feedback tracker, respectively.

By the way, has anyone noticed in the new campaign how a couple times while you're riding in a Hummingbird with Adams he points his finger at something? Is that a new thing, a precursor to firing from vehicles or was that already possible?

I think that the only thing new there is probably the animation for pointing fingers.

Bad Benson, I'm glad I'm not the only one who caught that. On the other hand, who couldn't at least agree?

Also, to whoever asked why mods aren't downloading on launcher, apparently there may be an issue with Steam backend or something. I think DnA or Pettka, don't remember which, said it'll be fixed Monday.

I think that the only thing new there is probably the animation for pointing fingers.

I was asking if it was possible to make custom animations for people that are already in vehicles before. Now that I think about it, though, it'd probably be stated in the changelog.

I was asking if it was possible to make custom animations for people that are already in vehicles before. Now that I think about it, though, it'd probably be stated in the changelog.

It was always possible to animate people in vehicles.

As for the arsenal export code - could it be possible to have it in a syntax that is valid to paste into an Init field of a unit that you put down in the editor? If people find the current form useful, then perhaps two ways of exporting; one for the current syntax, one which is Init field friendly

-OP

And behold, in 1.25.125852 this now works. No more syntax complaints when pasting into the Init field 1:1 what was exported to clipboard. Thanks, BI :)

Is anybody else getting the problem where mods won't download in the new launcher? It's just been like this. http://imgur.com/F8jp0Pl

Can somebody please address this, I want to play with mods, but don't feel like manually installing them.

I have experienced this earlier today, I've been able to download and use addons like an hour ago and now it seems broken again. We are suspecting a Steam backend issue - please try downloading some addons later during the weekend and report back. Thanks.

Just to report that I've kept trying over the course of the weekend, haven't had any luck so far.

Just an FYI for the players amongst us who like to partake in Zeus. Updating to dev build and creating custom classes using the new Virtual Arsenal will continue to save those loadouts for use in Zeus even when you roll back to Stable build.