THe entire Bootcamp update seems to be staged now.

Can't wait to finish my Uni year and dive back in ArmA now. Great work devs!

Yay!

Dev-branch got it's update. Let's see what has changed. It was 221mb by the way. :D

Edit: Got a "Welcome to bootcamp" popup at the main menu. Devs: I think there is a typo. It says "This is learning_", I think it should be "This is learning:"

This is consistent_ :icon_twisted:

"This is War_" and such are all along Arma 3 :icon_twisted:

Anyway! First impressions after doing some of the VR Training: Bootcamp will be superb for newcomers, but clearly there is a lot of content to enjoy for veterans too :D

That's because the new camo weapons uses OLD method just adding new camoed model p3d but the NEW method is to use hiddenselections like MX Black does

but this method has a bug when you drop the weapon down you will see it in default colour which sucks

also same new method (hiddenselections) is used in Dayz SA - for my surprise there is working properly aka no default colour when you drop the weapon ...

here's the ticket > http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5153 , so far NO response from BIS

Yeah, kind of disappointing since I reported the bug a year ago. And it also affects things like iron sights, they are flipped up on the ground even if an optic is mounted.

The problem is annoying also since the old method uses much more memory/download size.

There's still a problem with the graphics engine ( it keeps the FPS down since the last hotfix ).

The Launcher seems to get stuck on updating, thinking the addon content is still downloading while the Steam window shows it as done, so it's unable to launch the game with any Workshop addons selected there.

The Launcher seems to get stuck on updating, thinking the addon content is still downloading while the Steam window shows it as done, so it's unable to launch the game with any Workshop addons selected there.

How can you activate the Launcher, it doesn't show it to me. BTW I can't either open the Addon publisher. It's weird.

Yep, seeing the same here. We were running quite late today to get it out; unfortunately seems to have this issue. Monday update it is :)

Yep, seeing the same here. We were running quite late today to get it out; unfortunately seems to have this issue. Monday update it is :)

How unexpected! :rolleyes:

How can you activate the Launcher, it doesn't show it to me. BTW I can't either open the Addon publisher. It's weird.

If you're on the dev branch, it should be in your Arma 3 folder under the name arma3launcher.exe. As said in the dev branch changelog, it won't appear as a Steam option while launching until it hits the stable.

No worries as far as I'm concerned, well deserved weekend. :)

Does anyone else have missing sounds for modded weapons? After installing the dev branch a few days ago I noticed this issue, I only hear bullet impacts/whizzing, despite not having any sound mods.

I get an error such as:

No entry 'bin\config.bin\CfgWeapons\weapon_name\Single.StandardSound'

(happens for example in RH M4/M16 pack and massi's NATO SF pack)

Though I haven't played normal ArmA 3 for quite a while so I don't know if these issues exist there too.

I have experienced this earlier today, I've been able to download and use addons like an hour ago and now it seems broken again. We are suspecting a Steam backend issue - please try downloading some addons later during the weekend and report back. Thanks.

Does anyone else have missing sounds for modded weapons? After installing the dev branch a few days ago I noticed this issue, I only hear bullet impacts/whizzing, despite not having any sound mods.

I get an error such as:

No entry 'bin\config.bin\CfgWeapons\weapon_name\Single.StandardSound'

(happens for example in RH M4/M16 pack and massi's NATO SF pack)

Though I haven't played normal ArmA 3 for quite a while so I don't know if these issues exist there too.

I am sorry to say that, but there has been a bigger change in the way sounds are handled for weapons because of muzzle accessories (as described here), which means that every sound mod requires some easy adjustment to run correctly. It has quite a lot of advantages on the other side, like no more fire mode chaos with muzzle accessories :icon_twisted:

I've had about 8 CTDs since the bootcamp update, mainly while playing MP but also 4 in a row while trying to start up the game. Anyone else experiencing crashes?

I am sorry to say that, but there has been a bigger change in the way sounds are handled for weapons because of muzzle accessories (as described here), which means that every sound mod requires some easy adjustment to run correctly. It has quite a lot of advantages on the other side, like no more fire mode chaos with muzzle accessories :icon_twisted:

Thanks for the update Pettka. Seems like we are in a world of trouble now that development seemed to have stopped on both JSRS and Speed of Sound . I hope I'll be proven wrong though...

Edited by Variable

I can't start arma via the launcher. It always says that steam is in offline mode, even tho I am online. My assumption is that this may because I don't use the default steam game libary but another one on a different drive. When I click on play (while in offline mode) the launcher crashes.

The introduction of addons messed up the thumbnails of missions in the workshop. Instead of the images the creators it shows for most of the missions a grey thumbnail.

Tried hosting a bootcamp session with a friend several attempts over last hour or so an he could'nt connect to me nor i to his host also tried host Escape Altis with same result to see if same thing happend which it did. Both running vanilla ArmA3 no mods. not sure if this is isolated incident to dev branch as we had issues on main branch after optin out an tryin again so not really sure just thought i'd post results of attempts.