Would also be nice if the OpFor uniform(black) was actually black to match the Assassin(black) helmet.

Would be nice if they finally fixed the borked shadow LOD on the top of the Assassin helmets as well. It's been messed up ever since it was introduced to the game.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11840

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12746

Nice new headgear, shame the texture variations don't seem to be there yet.

Seems it is now possible to carry IED's like any mine but I am not able to place it anywhere although the action menu has that option.

Yep, there's too little difference between an LMG and an SMG, in my opinion LMGs could be all over the place when turning quick.

Anyone mind to make a quick vid of this? Here's a kitty:

February-20-2012-20-58-35-catsncats.tumblr1.jpeg

LA inertia will be a big step in the game, I tested a bit when I was enabled and the effects on the vehicles and the bodies of the soldiers to be impacted by a caliper or explosion are much better. And I say that this will be a step in arma3 before, and what has not come to end this year. :)

Awesome job BIS! Oh and may have found a bug: I tried opening the Virtual Arsnenal and it loaded "Virtual Reality" and the sent me back to the menu screen.

Thanks for the new offroad camo. Pretty spiffy.

There's no Bootcamp missions. Anyone else having this issue?

Read the changelog. It answers both of the so called "bugs" you posted. There are no bugs. You misunderstood what this update is supposed to do.

Read the changelog. It answers both of the so called "bugs" you posted. There are no bugs. You misunderstood what this update is supposed to do.

"This part does not yet contain Bootcamp's playable content, so the relevant LEARN menu entries will be empty / non-functional until that gets added soon." Oh. Sorry I didn't notice that. I was excited fro the new stuff. :P

It's not an issue as they were not included. Check the changelog.

What's with the crosshairs accuracy when prone? I hope it's not the final state? I mean they're really accurate now; you can "hipfire" a whole mag in 15 seconds and land every shot on a 1m wide target at 500m.

Oh my god BIS: http://i.imgur.com/5k5Ur63.jpg The lighting in VR is AMAZING! Please look into improving the other maps' lighting!

Yep, I noticed that too. But maybe it just looks different because of the grey background.

But is there a lake on the VR map?

Dear BI Studio,

I would like to take a moment of your time by explaining my only two problem's with the game so far.

Optimisation:

First of all, I would like to ask why you chose to only allow the game to use "ONE" core of my CPU, and why the game runs at 25FPS online (If I am lucky) And 58FPS offline. At first I thought this game is intense, it needs my power to run it; Then I soon found out that was not the case at all. The game was using 15% of my graphics card and 11% of my CPU, and I was only getting a crappy (22FPS) with increasing lag spikes. Now I noticed how the game's performance varies on the server and how optimised it is, but that shouldn't be how the game's performance functions at all.

I then did some research as to why my game was doing this and I found out that the game was running with 'Client Based Rendering' And this was to substitute for the powerful servers, well.... It would be a good Idea if it actually worked as well as you thought it did.

So then I asked my friend to buy ArmA 3 and try it out knowing that he has a TOP-SPEC gaming PC worth (£6,000+) and knows practically everything about computers and some knowledge of programming. And much to my surprise, he enters a server with a petty 42FPS at MOST! This was absolutely stupid, why would anyone want to even play a game that not only runs like crap, but is only capable of using 'One core'? Basic optimisation is an absolute MUST in this game because I don't know any other game (from 2010) that uses any less than 'Two cores' other than the ArmA series.

Adding these simple and basic abilities to the game would be amazing as I absolutely love the game, it's just let down by simple yet annoying things.

Desync:

Although not ALL servers have it bad, it's always there. From servers that are 10ms ping to servers with 100ms+ ping; Desync is always present.

I don't know much about desync, but I know it's VERY annoying. Any sort of effort to prevent this would be a great thing to do after the optimisation of course.

Thanks for your time and I really do hope you take an effort into dealing with these two important dilemma's,

Brandon - ArmA 3 Gamer.

I just wanted to log in and give my feedback on the latest dev patch.

I haven't played Arma 3 in a while (couple of months) but the game has changed quite a bit, you really notice it when you put it down for a while.

I'm still running bCombat and Speed of sound, but other than that vanilla, and its awesome. I love the new fatigue stuff, and can't wait for the finished changes with weapon inertia. It really feels much more authentic and yet still intuitive. Sometimes changes like this can leave you feeling out of control of your avatar, but I congratulate you for avoiding that pitfall.

Good luck with polishing off this great new feature :)

One thing I'm not sure of though, I can't find any information on how the AI is affected? Do they have the same penalties? Does the AI change its movement habits accordingly to compensate? This is very important. Anyone done any testing or formed any opinions on this yet?

hi

have you noticed.

dev branch: go on config/game/layout

the take on helicopter instruments are available.

a upcoming feature of the heli dlc.

cheers

Dear BI Studio,

*off-topic rant*

Wrong thread dear Gamer. More info here for example.

And your friend doesn't seem to know much about computers if he thinks the game uses only one core.

No. I loved the camo pattern for the FIA Rifleman, Rifleman light, Miller, Ammo bearere, etc.. now it's completely gone. Now we have a dirty brown shirt. That was cool and it was different than everything else. Also hate the random headgear. Now instead of scritping the occasional head, I have to script EVERY SINGLE FIA because you never know which headgear they will show up with. Now I get the "opportunity" to have my FIA units go around with green and white Hawaiin pattern headgear, or blue bandanas or fruity berets. Now only once in a while do I have guys with shemags on. change it back :(

Also the offroad camo was cool too. Can't you put that one in with the new ones?

Can't you make a MODULE for random headgear? Sync it to a group and randomize their head. I mean now we have to code every single unit because we don't know which head gear will show up. If I new he would have a beret, then I can always know to change it.

Didn't you learn anything from using random car textures. We ONLY like random when we want it random. It's easier to code random than it is to code every unit to be unrandom. Please someone agree. And put the old camo shirt back on please.

Is it not kind of "best practise" to code units the way you want them anyway, even if they would not randomize?

It isnt really "best practice", yes you CAN script whatever you want onto them, but that is time consuming.

What if you have a squad with 5 different roles, you have to make a "loadout" for each one, scripting it all in, even if you copy paste it takes a while since we do not have a in game load out editor (well not yet).

I didn't like the old camo shirt, I though it looked kind of rushed (same for the offroad paint jobs), but I think it should still be one of the uniforms (or at least another retexture of it), because FIA were lacking variety and they could still use a little more. They look more like they're wearing a kind of uniform now; most units seem to be wearing green and tan. But the odd unit is wearing green and blue or blue and tan, which kind of makes them stand out.

the m320 rifle new camo is atrocious