I used to clean the windows on the inside but leave them dirty on the outside so I could see out but people couldn't see in. It didn't work. People could still see in and apparently it's the same in ARMA. Standing behind glass doesn't screen you.

If you want to be condescending then you could at least go to the effort reading the post your replying to first. It's not the fact that I'm behind glass, I know that these people aren't thermal cameras. It's that the AI aren't looking in my direction and then suddenly they are aware of where I am.

I can't reproduce that exact setup now because the patrol is walking in a different direction now that I've reloaded my save. However I got another clip of a patrol walking in the distance before one of them suddenly stops and pivots on the spot until he is facing me then notices me and starts shooting.

There is certainly an issue with the AI spotting too easily. It is even evident for the player, when your character calls out a target in a direction that you weren't even facing.

Also, I did check out the mission file and I see no evidence of it being scripted.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Also, I did check out the mission file and I see no evidence of it being scripted.

Appreciate it, I'd have looked myself but I don't want to look at any campaign missions I haven't finished yet otherwise I'd know what to expect.

Know what you mean about the target calling too.

If you want to be condescending then you could at least go to the effort reading the post your replying to first. It's not the fact that I'm behind glass, I know that these people aren't thermal cameras. It's that the AI aren't looking in my direction and then suddenly they are aware of where I am.

I'm sorry but I couldn't resist that. I understand what you're saying about super AI, I have encountered the same thing in one of the scouting missions where an AI is looking out of the window as I am trying to creep around the corner to take him out. Before I can see him he turns and kills me with one shot through the wall. Is it always CSAT that do this? My example is in the following video at 2.00 minutes.

He should have been aware of me because I had just killed his mate who showed all the reactions of a dead sheep.

BIS is working on the possibility to download all the mods when we join a server, right ?

It mean that we will not be able to hide Breaking Point servers, or Altis Life servers with mods anymore ? :butbut:

I am pretty sure they are not, what made you think that? At best, they could add workshop addon support, and have it auto dl them, which is a terrible idea, considering if any addons hit the workshop, all the altis life mod servers and some shitty chinese hackers will upload 100 shitty reskins to add wallhacks or some crap.

Anything besides the current system is bad news if it uses the workshop.

Dev-branch update came early today. Eager to see the changelog.

I am pretty sure they are not, what made you think that? At best, they could add workshop addon support, and have it auto dl them, which is a terrible idea, considering if any addons hit the workshop, all the altis life mod servers and some shitty chinese hackers will upload 100 shitty reskins to add wallhacks or some crap.

Anything besides the current system is bad news if it uses the workshop.

What are you saying? Steam workshop will only ease the mod downloading and installing process, it won't allow people with mods to join servers.

Don't be too surprised an AI will notice you around a corner of a house. Why? Because AI don't only rely on sight, but sound too. Place one AI in editor facing forward, and spawn yourself behind him. Don't do anything. Now, step ounce. The AI will hear that, look behind him, notice you, and turn to kill you. That is of course unless you kill it first. In close ranges, sound is a factor, even when there is no visual representation of your presence.

Is anyone getting a bug right now where your character will randomly get stuck in combat pace? Can't switch back to jog, can't sprint, can only walk and move in tactical pace. Then a little while later it will randomly switch back again. It's really irritating because your character gets exhausted really quickly.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Is anyone getting a bug right now where your character will randomly get stuck in combat pace? Can't switch back to jog, can't sprint, can only walk and move in tactical pace. Then a little while later it will randomly switch back again. It's really irritating because your character gets exhausted really quickly.

confirmed !

Confirmed. Is there a bugtracker ticket up yet?

Confirmed. Is there a bugtracker ticket up yet?

That should have been addressed in yesterday's update (getting stuck in combat pace). It will still take you from sprint to running after a certain level of fatigue.

That should have been addressed in yesterday's update (getting stuck in combat pace). It will still take you from sprint to running after a certain level of fatigue.

Yeah I didn't notice it happening in an MP game yesterday, so I guess that's solved.

Yeah I didn't notice it happening in an MP game yesterday, so I guess that's solved.

I can confirm, it is solved.

Optimized: Linux Dedicated Server performance

So this change only affects Linux and not single player performance?

Optimized: Linux Dedicated Server performance

So this change only affects Linux and not single player performance?

Linux server performance is close to 1:1 sync with Windows now

combined with previously added callExtension the features sync is nearly done

only major difference is the allocator now (nix has hardcoded jemalloc afaik)

Thank you Dwarden , I appreciate the quick answer. Keep up the good work :)

It's nice to see fire selector and closure sounds being worked on. I went through all weapons a minute ago with the main-branch update released today. Sadly there is inconsistency among the weapons (mainly regarding fire selector). Some are too loud, and some are even too quiet now. Some are perfect. I hope you keep working on this Bohemia, becouse it's not finished yet.

Also, the recoil bug mentioned snuck into the main branch. Some say it only affects a few weapons, but I discovered it actually affects them all. On the other hand, it only seems present in certain missions. Wierd.

Of course I had all mods disabled while doing these tests.

Did anyone else get a 651mb patch on dev branch today? Just wondering if I can stop refreshing for a change log :P