I think camera shake is not working in the latest few dev builds. Try entering an addcamshake command into the debug console.

I think camera shake is not working in the latest few dev builds. Try entering an addcamshake command into the debug console.

Hi mate,

I just tried it in the debug console as you said and its working as intended here.

addCamShake [10, 1, 25];

I pasted that in from the wiki and it's fine. Are you running any mods? (apart from TPW_MODS ho ho ho) :)

Hi mate,

I just tried it in the debug console as you said and its working as intended here.

addCamShake [10, 1, 25];

I pasted that in from the wiki and it's fine. Are you running any mods? (apart from TPW_MODS ho ho ho) :)

Hmm very strange, I tried pasting the same command from the same wiki running absolutely vanilla and it didn't work. I'll have another crack at it.

EDIT: Sorry to waste anyone's time, must be one of my profile settings, I created a new profile and got the camshake back

Edited by tpw

Does it look realistic?

---------- Post added at 14:12 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

that's a good point. often audiovisual feedback is used to make up for lack of tactile input by a game/movie or whatever. Nod's example is like that. when you click a button in real life you feel the mechanical snap or whatever you want to call it inside your finger. that is replicated by an audio click to give you that feel of a real button almost like a reference to that feeling in you finger.

same goes for stuff like being close to an explosion. the vibration is mimicked by the camera (i think arma does that already). same goes for standing close to a big gun (pretty sure about this one being in the game). so i don't see why it shouldn't be applied to the very weapon you hold in your hands. unless you want to go the dangerous route of simulation fever. let's not start that shit. there is no end to it :D

also keep in mind that "cam shake" does not always mean a vibrating motion. by setting the frequency and other settings right you can make it just a single jerk.

One other great way to simulate lack of feeling is visual/sound. For example, your laying next to a sniper, but your too close to the front of the barrel, and when he fires, your screen blurs for a few seconds, and your sounds gets dull for a few seconds. Same with explosions.

that's a good point. often audiovisual feedback is used to make up for lack of tactile input by a game/movie or whatever. Nod's example is like that. when you click a button in real life you feel the mechanical snap or whatever you want to call it inside your finger. that is replicated by an audio click to give you that feel of a real button almost like a reference to that feeling in you finger.

same goes for stuff like being close to an explosion. the vibration is mimicked by the camera (i think arma does that already). same goes for standing close to a big gun (pretty sure about this one being in the game). so i don't see why it shouldn't be applied to the very weapon you hold in your hands. unless you want to go the dangerous route of simulation fever. let's not start that shit. there is no end to it :D

also keep in mind that "cam shake" does not always mean a vibrating motion. by setting the frequency and other settings right you can make it just a single jerk.

That's why I think Red Orchestra 2 is one of the most immersive shooters out there; Some think the post-processing effects may be overdone, but in the heat of the battle with people firing around you (mainly MGs), grenades exploding and arty falling, shit gets tense and you lose your bearings sometimes. Add the awesome sounds, gore and auto chatter and you got a nice big picture.

Meanwhile Arma seems dead on most situations. I would appreciate if Devs starting experimenting with this kind of things, add as an option.

On a side note, Dev notes! Just saw this screen of PCars and well, could be useful on DevBranch to keep us informed without giving away too much or making promisses?

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3280058230365474905/06D70C3F5F4B05990BF50C70C06D307AF726B57F/ (210 kB)

That's why I think Red Orchestra 2 is one of the most immersive shooters out there; Some think the post-processing effects may be overdone, but in the heat of the battle with people firing around you (mainly MGs), grenades exploding and arty falling, shit gets tense and you lose your bearings sometimes. Add the awesome sounds, gore and auto chatter and you got a nice big picture.

Meanwhile Arma seems dead on most situations. I would appreciate if Devs starting experimenting with this kind of things, add as an option.

On a side note, Dev notes! Just saw this screen of PCars and well, could be useful on DevBranch to keep us informed without giving away too much or making promisses?

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3280058230365474905/06D70C3F5F4B05990BF50C70C06D307AF726B57F/ (210 kB)

They should at least add those blur, and sound suppression effects where needed. Also, those setting in that pic... i remember is Alpha, they had heat haze. I think they disabled it sometimes during Beta... Wish they could add sub pixel rendering...

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

today another holiday or why is there no Development Branch Changelog update today ?

Don't expect anything, DNA is too occupied about the tonight's game :p

Don't expect anything, DNA is too occupied about the tonight's game :p

:yay:

Well I bet he is happy now ;)

I hope his head doesn´t hurt too much from all the celebrating :cool:

Are you guys sure that isn't the recently released soccer (futbol) mission from the community member?

BI has been known to dl community missions and have fun with them :)

Maybe another karts-esque thing made for fun by a dev, dobutfully it would be dlc. probably a free mission lol

Are you guys sure that isn't the recently released soccer (futbol) mission from the community member?

BI has been known to dl community missions and have fun with them :)

Maybe another karts-esque thing made for fun by a dev, dobutfully it would be dlc. probably a free mission lol

If it was from that mission, credit would have been given and a link to the mission, as has been done before.

It's just some character posing, as far as I can tell. Actually making soccer playable in Arma that doesn't feel janky as hell would be a ton of work to achieve something BIS would want to put their name on.

the ball is children size, they took it away from them... bastards

Since we're at it, take that England and Sirigu is freaking incredible.

Yay!

So, I'm experiencing some superman-esque detection skills in the first mission of the adapt campaign. Here's a video of a scenario I can very consistently reproduce (hence how I managed to record it). Please excuse the quality.

As far as I can tell, this is scripted into the mission as I've never experienced AI detection like that before. My question is, does anyone know why?

So, I'm experiencing some superman-esque detection skills in the first mission of the adapt campaign. Here's a video of a scenario I can very consistently reproduce (hence how I managed to record it). Please excuse the quality.

As far as I can tell, this is scripted into the mission as I've never experienced AI detection like that before. My question is, does anyone know why?

Is the outcome the same if you don't use the radio?

Is the outcome the same if you don't use the radio?

Yeah it is, I probably shouldn't have used that to avoid confusion.

I have examined the mission files and analysed your video, and I have concluded that they saw you through the window.

I have examined the mission files and analysed your video, and I have concluded that they saw you through the window.

They saw me behind them? :p

They either saw you through the window or they heard you using the radio.

When issuing commands or using the radio you can give away your position to nearby units, has been like that in A2, should still be the case.

I'll get another video of it. I can reproduce this situation over and over, when not using the radio and when it is clearer that these guys aren't looking in my direction at all.