That would be interesting if you could carry PDW's as side arms. Maybe the PDW-2000 is small enough to be capable of such, but its probably something over looked.

Anyone else noticing the strange blue/white bullet hit decals on many surfaces?
Yes I noticed today, looks like something introduced in a recent dev update

Added: Script command to open YouTube videos (openYoutubeVideo)

What? Is there any explanation on this? Will this open a video in the steam overlay browser?

EDIT:

Made some testing:

openYoutubeVideo "SomeString"; will open youtube.com/SomeString in the steamoverlay browser.

So openYoutubeVideo "watch?v=uC-yX5pFAUw"; will open

Edited by NeoArmageddon

What? Is there any explanation on this? Will this open a video in the steam overlay browser?

EDIT:

Made some testing:

openYoutubeVideo "SomeString"; will open youtube.com/SomeString in the steamoverlay browser.

Probably will be used as part of the DLC notifications?

"a3\Missions_F_EPA\Campaign_shared\Functions\fn_camp_saveunitloc.sqf not found" - got such pop-up window during the campaign(first episode) on today's dev branch. Reverted it yesterday to play it again(last time I played it before official launch on stable :) ).

"Added: Inertia for ACP-C2 Independent pistol"

What does this mean, actually? I don't notice any changes, is this not actually enabled, or...?

What I noticed is a strange reciol behaviour (devbuild from yesterday):

When you start a mission and shoot with your primary weapon the recoil is totaly weird. Every third shot has a larger kick than the two other one.

But if you shoot with your secondary (po7 or acp-c2) first, the recoil is fine. On top of that the other bug disapeared, where you had no recoil after fast rotations.

"Added: Inertia for ACP-C2 Independent pistol"

What does this mean, actually? I don't notice any changes, is this not actually enabled, or...?

Correct, the recent inertia configs don't have any effect yet.

BlackPixxel:

I am not able to reproduce the recoil bug. Maybe it happens with some specific weapons only (report details to FT) ?

Edited by Kolji

I am not able to reproduce the recoil bug. Maybe it happens with some specific weapons only (report details to FT) ?

I'm able to reproduce it. Place a Nato rifleman with an MX and fire fullauto. It looks as if the recoil is timed.. if you shoot singlefire slow enough, the recoil works fine. But if you increase the pace it will start skipping recoils.

btw - Maybe you should get an assistant to assist you with the spelling of one of your assistants ;)

I have this problem with recoil on devbranch too, since at least two days. It's like the animation for recoil has to complete before a new one can start, they don't stack on each other, so a lot of them are skipped.

Yeah, after playing a bit tonight I haven't used a single rifle or handgun without this problem.

Yep being getting it too, even in full auto it happens. It's incredibly obvious if you switched to third person and then mag dump, your character will bob back and forth from recoil but only at set intervals rather than the consistent with the actual times you fired

I think it's not a recoil bug. Looks like animation(weapon inertia) is moving to burst-oriented mode.

i hope BIS explore recoil a lot, weapon handling, and how it affects the characters bodies. aka. more visual shake, not so rigid up and down recoil and the robotic way the gun is attached to characters arms, not all weapons acting/feeling so much the same.

The intertia and the fact that there are changes so far looks promising. Hope BIS do a quality job here, they've got the right attitude. But for a infantry orientated game there's a lot they can do.

edit - the sight picture when right clicking is also too far away. I know the whole thing about prehipheral vision but rigt clicking is supposed to indicate a willingness and intent to focus on a target, not have to hold right mouse button again to zoom in with magic eyes. it's especially noticable when contrasting weapon ready movement stance (press c to activate) with the veiw after pressing right mouse button click. in this case it actually looks like the weapon is taken further away from eye than previously. easy solution is to simply but substantially increase the closeness of the iniitial zoom when the weapon is up.

Edited by twisted

EDIT:

Made some testing:

That is actually a quite nice new command.

They can use it for DLC content to forward you to a DLC Trailer on YT if you use the content without owning the DLC. Mission makers can use it too. They can forward to a Cinematic Intro/Outro/Trailer/Briefing for the mission that has been uploaded on YT.

His recoil shake mod is awesome

Sounds like you've never actually fired a machine gun. Let me tell you, your vision doesn't magically shake when you fire one.

Vision doesn't usually shake to much of anything due to how stabilized the eyes are.

I think its more of a "Feedback", take sims for example.

In a real cockpit you'd never hear a button press, in fact most buttons don't actually have a clicking sound when pressed yet sims add this to provide a sense of feedback to compensate for the lack of physical touch.

This is a typical case of realism vs gameplay.

Yay!

yeah, similar to the way movies way over-exaggerate the sound of firearms. you can't feel the blast in your chest the same way you can in real life, so they turn up the bass and make them really loud, huge muzzle flashes, etc to try to convey the power of the weapon.

Thanks for info, should be fixed in the upcoming dev build.

Hi, I tried again today and .rpt is still generating errors:

No shape for ammo type LightningBolt
a3\data_f_curator\misc\lightning1.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
a3\data_f_curator\misc\lightning2.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape

I will check integrity and try again - will make ticket if this persists.

Vision doesn't usually shake to much of anything due to how stabilized the eyes are.

I think its more of a "Feedback", take sims for example.

In a real cockpit you'd never hear a button press, in fact most buttons don't actually have a clicking sound when pressed yet sims add this to provide a sense of feedback to compensate for the lack of physical touch.

that's a good point. often audiovisual feedback is used to make up for lack of tactile input by a game/movie or whatever. Nod's example is like that. when you click a button in real life you feel the mechanical snap or whatever you want to call it inside your finger. that is replicated by an audio click to give you that feel of a real button almost like a reference to that feeling in you finger.

same goes for stuff like being close to an explosion. the vibration is mimicked by the camera (i think arma does that already). same goes for standing close to a big gun (pretty sure about this one being in the game). so i don't see why it shouldn't be applied to the very weapon you hold in your hands. unless you want to go the dangerous route of simulation fever. let's not start that shit. there is no end to it :D

also keep in mind that "cam shake" does not always mean a vibrating motion. by setting the frequency and other settings right you can make it just a single jerk.