By the way, while we are talking about recoil. Devs really need to look at the sub machine guns becouse they are really wierd, at least some of them. In single mode they are fine but put them into burst or full auto and there is almost no recoil. I have not tested this lately but I have never seen anything mentioned in changelogs so I'm pretty sure the problem is still there.

By the way, while we are talking about recoil. Devs really need to look at the sub machine guns becouse they are really wierd, at least some of them. In single mode they are fine but put them into burst or full auto and there is almost no recoil. I have not tested this lately but I have never seen anything mentioned in changelogs so I'm pretty sure the problem is still there.

I noticed this awhile back. Shot ounce single fire, and it kicked up pretty good. I switched to full to see, and the recoil when i shot ounce on full was minimal. I could say this kinda makes sense, if you were to switch to full auto in real life i recon you'd be prepared for the kick, so you'd adjust a righter grip and steadiness on the SMG. But that's just my thinking. I've only fired a 22 and a 12 gauge. ^.^

I've ran into a few things that could be issues but could simply be personal experience or user mistakes so I thought I'd start a thread where people can come with potential issues to have them confirmed/verified before reporting them on the tracker.

Here are two things I'm dealing with currently to start the thread off (dev branch v1.22):

When I test my multiplayer mission alone, the loser ending is not shown the way I've set it up. The default loser ending is instead used. However when I test it with at least one other player it does use my version. Is there a separate ending class for missions with one player or is this a valid issue/feature request?

Here's my loser class:

class loser
   {
       title = "You Lost";
       subtitle = "You failed your mission";
       description = "Your force was unable to eliminate the opposing threats.";
       pictureBackground = "";
       picture = "KIA";
   };

I also wonder if someone else could confirm that unassignCurator currently does not work?

This command would be extremely useful for the mission I'm making, however I'm getting no results with it.

Here's the relevant portion of my script:

{unassignCurator _x;} forEach allCurators;

It should unassign every curator in the mission. Though I'm curious to know if it's because I assigned the curators in the editor rather than via script.

It would appear there is some problem with calling in artillery support in the current build of the dev branch. I did a search but couldn't find anything about it.

In both the SCUBA and Support showcase missions, I'm not able to call in artillery. Instead, an error message pops up that says something about an undefined variable. I currently have no mods installed either.

I'm Getting the same artillery issue using the support module (virtual and with placed support providers) - seems to be something to do with roundsleft _curammo. Anyone else? I'll post to feedback tracker if anyone else can verify

cheers

also now the Selector sounds are almost silent - why?

Agree with your assessment. I can't hear anything when using the fire selector either. The old volume was fine. I guess this misalignment is due at least partly to the recent changes to inertia/recoil configs.

From yesterdays Devbranch changelog.

Refactored: Current recoil mechanics for better understanding and easier future changes (again, may not yet be fully noticeable in devbranch - but gives an indication of what’s being worked on)

I may be a bit optimistic here, but could this possibly be a subtle hint at weapon resting in development?

From yesterdays Devbranch changelog.

I may be a bit optimistic here, but could this possibly be a subtle hint at weapon resting in development?

It could be related, but if weapon resting is coming it will most likely be in the Marksman DLC, which is scheduled for early next year. At the moment, this probably has more to do with the overhauled fatigue effects in the upcoming Bootcamp update.

also now the Selector sounds are almost silent - why?

Agree with your assessment. I can't hear anything when using the fire selector either. The old volume was fine.

I'd rather this sound was localized and not broadcast at all, looking through the stable config this is set to a range of 20m!? I've rebound my change fire mode to key to gunner change fire mode which removes the sound all together, I'd rather this wasn't included at all but I understand not everyone wants the same thing but surely everyone else doesn't need to hear you changing fire mode constantly when you want to check your ammo count.

I'd rather this sound was localized and not broadcast at all, looking through the stable config this is set to a range of 20m!?

20m? I thought it was even more than that.

But it sure is fun to hunt enemies in CQB by following their clicking. Or luring them in an ambush by clicking it constantly yourself. ;)

The 30mm from Wipeout and Neophron are way too much weak.

Are you going to increase the damage value or not? Because it definitely needs it.

20m? I thought it was even more than that.

But it sure is fun to hunt enemies in CQB by following their clicking. Or luring them in an ambush by clicking it constantly yourself. ;)

cough > http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18210 - same goes for reload sounds http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8938

i still dont get why these bugs are still there , bis just ignores them or dont know how to fix them ...

cough > http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18210 - same goes for reload sounds http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8938

i still dont get why these bugs are still there , bis just ignores them or dont know how to fix them ...

And my personal pet peve http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5153

I understand it wasn't of importance when it was just the weapons of us lowly modders, but now that the BIS weapons are also affected by this, I would think it would become more of a priority :)

I'm experiencing a weird bug with pressing the zeroing buttons on certain attachment sights; It causes a white out/Blue out (HUD still visible) or extreme zoom/FOV and can only be corrected by changing to secondary sights and back. Also experienced a complete loss of sound and FPS drop to ~6 FPS. Could be something to do with allowing a weapon zeroing to 0, and the engine not able to handle it.

Edit: Appears to affects all sites that don't support zeroing.

No Mods

Also:

Fixed: Camo selection on the Beanie
At last! now for the other hats!

Don´t forget the Get-In /Get-out sounds, they can be haerd over great distances too.

The 30mm from Wipeout and Neophron are way too much weak.

Are you going to increase the damage value or not? Because it definitely needs it.

Not really. You do realize that the GAU-8 isn't some wunderwaffen that cuts through tank armor like butter, right? There's a reason main battle tanks use 120mm and not 30mm. It'll damage an APC/IFV at best.

The Cannon of the A-10 is mainly for Infantry, and light armored targets, and that sometimes includes small compounds. If you want to take out a tank, you have a number of various rockets to do so. The tanks in game aren't the WWII style targets you see A-10's shooting in YouTube videos.

Not really. You do realize that the GAU-8 isn't some wunderwaffen that cuts through tank armor like butter, right? There's a reason main battle tanks use 120mm and not 30mm. It'll damage an APC/IFV at best.
2000 RPM 30mm depleted uranium rounds would disable a tank in no time. A10s are basically guns with wings.

The point is that most AT weapons, of any kind, will never actually blow up a tank: disabling it, crippling it's movement or neutralizing the crew is enough to deem that tank "destroyed". Having hundreds of explosives rounds flailed at an MBT means that at least some of them will connect with vulnerable parts, like turrets, hatches, tracks and similar: once you have immobilized the tank, injured a couple of crewman, or destroyed it's offensive capabilities you did your job right.

I've read of an Abrams that during the Iraq war that was to be destroyed (aka totally blown up) to prevent it to fall in enemy hands: it required various rocket hits and two freaking Mavericks.

Yay!

There's actually two lose classes; one for SP and one for MP. The other one eludes me, but you can find it with the class viewer until I can take a look in my mission which it is.

The Cannon of the A-10 is mainly for Infantry, and light armored targets, and that sometimes includes small compounds. If you want to take out a tank, you have a number of various rockets to do so. The tanks in game aren't the WWII style targets you see A-10's shooting in YouTube videos.

It was intended as an anti-material gun, but there's only so much you can do with 30mm.

2000 RPM 30mm depleted uranium rounds would disable a tank in no time. A10s are basically guns with wings.

The point is that most AT weapons, of any kind, will never actually blow up a tank: disabling it, crippling it's movement or neutralizing the crew is enough to deem that tank "destroyed". Having hundreds of explosives rounds flailed at an MBT means that at least some of them will connect with vulnerable parts, like turrets, hatches, tracks and similar: once you have immobilized the tank, injured a couple of crewman, or destroyed it's offensive capabilities you did your job right.

I've read of an Abrams that during the Iraq war that was to be destroyed (aka totally blown up) to prevent it to fall in enemy hands: it required various rocket hits and two freaking Mavericks.

Yay!

It irritates me when people promote the notion that the 30mm on the A-10 is somehow able to penetrate better than every other 30mm on the planet.

Yes, the plane was designed around the gun, and the gun was designed for an anti-material role, but that still doesn't make it able to penetrate thick armor like a hot knife through warm butter. The only parts of a T-62 the 2000 round/min hell storm of depleted uranium and high explosive will penetrate are the engine, barrel and the bottom. Like I said, there is a reason that main battle tanks use 100mm+ cannons to fight other tanks. The 30mm depleted uranium round does not have the length or velocity to penetrate tank armor like APFSDS does. The API round fired from the GAU-8 will penetrate a whopping 23/4 inches(69mm) of armor at 500m. I imagine that's perfectly perpendicular to the gun on the ground, once you start throwing angles into the mix (Which is every shot from the air), your penetration starts going way down.

As for disabling the tank, the parts you'd be able to kill are the engine from behind, guns/optics(If you're lucky enough to get a good hit or two in), and MAYBE the tracks if you hit them enough. Beyond that is why the A-10 has a crap load of Mavericks and bombs.

1.gif

That being said, the GAU-8 should be able to make short work of APCs and IFVs.

As a matter of fact, the canon isn't efficient enough agaisnt IFV/APC. I could understand against tanks to be disabled only - not blown up, but not IFV/APC.

Plus, it's supposed to be an enhanced version of A-10 - and the Warthog can blow a tank up with its cannon, so...

As a matter of fact, the canon isn't efficient enough agaisnt IFV/APC. I could understand against tanks to be disabled only - not blown up, but not IFV/APC.

Plus, it's supposed to be an enhanced version of A-10 - and the Warthog can blow a tank up with its cannon, so...

Maybe a T-55