I started to notice when I type I start walking and opening my compass and watch... This needs a fix. Almost got my head blown off because I almost typed myself out of a bush. O.O

Well, if texting and driving is dangerous...

Kidding aside, hasn't this been a problem in the series for like, ever? Does anyone know if there was ever an official response from the devs? Surely it's on the feedback tracker already, at least.

I have noticed that civilians always run away from opfor, is this intended behaviour?

Also, in the last kart race, I have noticed that every time you hit the curb, the kart basically turns to face the wall which is aggravating and doesn't seem real to me. Shouldn't it just bounce away from the wall?

Also, in the last kart race, I have noticed that every time you hit the curb, the kart basically turns to face the wall which is aggravating and doesn't seem real to me. Shouldn't it just bounce away from the wall?

It should bounce especially from such hard surfaces, but it's the same with all the vehicles, they don't bounce. There's like infinite friction between the car and obstacles; when the curb grabs a hold of your bumber, it won't let go and let it slide.

edit. I realized it's not about friction but probably about objects that collide. If you hit a model which has just has one flat face, your vehicle will slide nicely along it in low angle collision. But if you encounter even a slightest invisible corner in the model, you'll get caught in it, stop sliding and your cart will turn sideways. Bouncing would probably fix this, but also introduce new physics glitches, I assume.

Edited by Greenfist

hey guys - sounds like you both still are experiencing part of this bug. Could you (and anyone else still experiencing the problem) update the thread with what missions/mods you are seeing the error with, and any steps that can be taken to reproduce it? It seems like most of the error is fixed but there may still be some edge-cases left to clean up.

No more bugs with the new stable version.

Well, if texting and driving is dangerous...

Kidding aside, hasn't this been a problem in the series for like, ever? Does anyone know if there was ever an official response from the devs? Surely it's on the feedback tracker already, at least.

Only in Arma 3. Arma 2 never had this issue. I think its also on feedback tracker, forgot to take a look.

Added: Inertia coefficients for all weapons and their attachments

What's this?

Physics related or the start of something?

What's this?

Physics related or the start of something?

Paving the way for the new gun inertia implementation. No visible effect on the game yet.

In the official build (no mods), just noticed GMG (raised) shooting at me, even the gunner was dead under it. :S My own mission, but shouldnt have any code to do that.

Video:

Edited by SaOk

Paving the way for the new gun inertia implementation. No visible effect on the game yet.

Yes, alongside some improvements to other aspects (sway, fatigue), this is related to weapon handling updates in progress for Bootcamp's feature set.

We'd expect to share a more detailed overview of what's changed (improved/fixed) and why in the run up the the dev-branch release.

Best,

RiE

Thanks for chipping in there RiE - looking forward to seeing the inertia implemented.

Would be nice to see the moment of inertia represented (not sure if that is the right term) where stance has an effect on the 'weightiness' of the gun. (like shorthandled screwdriver vs long handled screwdriver).

Yes, alongside some improvements to other aspects (sway, fatigue), this is related to weapon handling updates in progress for Bootcamp's feature set.

We'd expect to share a more detailed overview of what's changed (improved/fixed) and why in the run up the the dev-branch release.

Best,

RiE

Excellent!

Now I just need a brand new PC to fully enjoy this beast (which isn't even ready yet!)

Good work on the shell cases from the .50 caliber on the offroad - I haven't noticed it yet on the Ifrit (or would they go into an internal collector)?

There is still the problem of when you are "CAManBase" class and 1st person view when firing your gun; The empty cases are invisible and then appear in mid air as they fly away from you.

I think it is something to do with the effect tpw uses to his advantage to simulate rain. When the particles are too close to the camera, they don't render. That's assuming the empty cases are particle effects and not spawned objects.

Been away for a bit but started the Win Campaign today and I can't see any active tasks on screen or in the map. Is this a known issue or was "set as active task" thing removed? Pretty much impossible to play since I don't know where to go.

Best,

RiE

very freaking good to hear. :yay::yay::yay:

I can't wait, nothing is better than more features!!

In the official build (no mods), just noticed GMG (raised) shooting at me, even the gunner was dead under it. :S My own mission, but shouldnt have any code to do that.

Video:

Looks to me like he's only injured and you can see him moving, but something has made him fall to the floor. Perhaps BIS need to look at injured gunners in static weapons not being able to fire if they are on the deck. Some code somewhere has made him fall to the floor even though he isn't dead, which would be very good in an infantryman but looks weird with a static gunner.

Looks to me like he's only injured and you can see him moving, but something has made him fall to the floor. Perhaps BIS need to look at injured gunners in static weapons not being able to fire if they are on the deck. Some code somewhere has made him fall to the floor even though he isn't dead, which would be very good in an infantryman but looks weird with a static gunner.

I think the corpse is rotating with the GMG, that's all.

Perhaps BIS need to look at injured gunners in static weapons not being able to fire if they are on the deck.
Or maybe they could be ejected of the static weapon when they're on the floor, it would deal with the problem shown above and prevent a gunner who has been on the floor for 5min popping behind his static weapon without any other movement

Nice to see the ARCO and HOLO finally fixed after over 1 year :p

and the recoils are bugged - the back recoil kicks only once per 2 shots , before it was after each shot , this might have something to do with upcoming recoil update or something

also now the Selector sounds are almost silent - why? you could fix this issue http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18210 instead

Edited by RobertHammer

I think the corpse is rotating with the GMG, that's all.

On the other hand it could be an animation error. When the gunner is finally shot and killed there is no change in his pose, so he was already in the death pose. This suggests one of two errors. Either the death pose has been incorrectly triggered, or the dead gunner hasn't been ejected from the weapon on death. Whatever, if the body was behind cover, it would be almost impossible to kill the gunner from a distance.

By the way, what is wrong with the MX rifle recoil? When you fire in singleshot mode it has a different recoil than in automode. And the singleshot-recoil looks much more authentic.

The Katiba only has one type of recoil that is similar to the MX singleshot recoil. Are there any updates planned?

Shouldn't recoil go down automatically?Instead of having to correct each shoot with your hand?

In real life it goes back without each shot correction.Am I right?

N

and the recoils are bugged - the back recoil kicks only once per 2 shots , before it was after each shot , this might have something to do with upcoming recoil update or something

you're right. it seems to be when firing semi auto quite fast, but when taking a beat more time per shot the recoil kicks back normally.

Must say i am freaking stoked to see BIS taking a look and working to make recoil and weapon handling more authentic and much more modern feeling.:yay:

Shouldn't recoil go down automatically?Instead of having to correct each shoot with your hand?

In real life it goes back without each shot correction.Am I right?

I think the idea is that your real life natural reaction to bring the gun back to its original position should be emulated as the same reaction of doing it with your mouse. I naturally bring my mouse down to adjust for recoil, as I would naturally bring a real life weapon down. I much prefer this over having the game do it perfectly for me every time. Adds a bit more skill to it.