We are still looking at augmenting Steam's default handling of NAT (including indicating in the game what your NAT situation is), but it's something Gamespy was simply quite good at punching through.

Hopefully you guys can find a good solution to it.

Spotted strange AI behaviour again (in the latest official build, no mods):

Maybe someone put a bunch of Duracells in his butt. Possible explosion when his ass runs out of energy? ^^

There is a bug on main branche : the internal texture on tempest device is not dispayed.

Is it fixed on dev build ?

Maybe someone put a bunch of Duracells in his butt. Possible explosion when his ass runs out of energy? ^^

Heh, it seems to be causing trouble with vehicle handling too. I had a Hunter driver who couldn't keep still - kept driving back and forth at his assigned waypoint like he had itchy tyres.

I could observe a similiar situation, a civilian was on his quad, to secure my base i have planted Bargates. Civilian genius was driving against it, a few meteres back and drives again into the bargate. He repeated it a few times until the quad decided to explode. Then the comedy was over :( Civilians still drives against my Bargates till it explodes. Good comedy stuff from them, for my next session i already prepared a bucket popcorn, this is gonna be cool.

Playing Stable Branch

Recently (I think since the update that came on 28-4, that would be 123982) I have a problem with the vests. When loading a savegame (in SP), the vest has no cargo bar anymore at the side, there is apparently nothing inside it anymore, and I can drop the vest but not pick up again. Tried several times, it's reproducable with any vest: They work as intend from the time I pick them up from a dead body or container, then I save (they still work fine) but when I load that savegame again, they are bugged.

I'm not sure if it's just me that has this issue (if it is then I must look in my system for an answer), so question is: Does anyone else experience this erratic behaviour?

I'm not sure if it's just me that has this issue (if it is then I must look in my system for an answer), so question is: Does anyone else experience this erratic behaviour?

Yes, experienced it in the campaign during the patrol missions few months ago. Loading a savegame will have the vest that is on me lose all items in it and prevent you from putting anything in it.

They claimed to have fixed it in March, so if you're still experiencing it, it might have not gotten fully fixed or it regressed back to it's broken state.

EDIT: Yep. It's still broken. Started a new mission, loaded up on gear, saved, loaded a bit later, empty and broken vest and uniform.

Edited by Sniperwolf572

ah ok, thanks to clarify that. And that the bug has already been fixed once means 1) that they see some priority in it and 2) that it's probably extremely easy to fix, I assume they just put in old code accidently. Let's hope for the best. Probably a good idea to update the bug ticket, do you know which one it is?

Can we get a Hotfix for the Defense Module Error. I have tried so many different things and have found other people have had the same problem. It tells us that we need to have a curator synced to the module which we already do. This started last patch. I would like to be able to use my defense missions again. Thanks

mini-guns from ghost-hawk kill the servers for example - fire one and all have 2-3 FPS

parked helicopters or vehicles hovering in 15m the air.

all time hard desyncs on the servers teleportet copters cars and other stuff ^^

and a reg doll animation kill trees and walls sometimes defect houses !??

also has only played one before that was thrown out? if it works well?

i hope the fixes come not in weeks with the next stable patch ....

No new exe = game unplayable

What's going on, plenty bugs(waypoints, sounds,AI,Modules...), the engine seems completely broken, stop to add datas and restart with an older exe.

mini-guns from ghost-hawk kill the servers for example - fire one and all have 2-3 FPS

It was said that this one is a really deep bug - I'm hoping the fix will squeeze some much-needed performance out of the server.

No new exe = game unplayable

What's going on, plenty bugs(waypoints, sounds,AI,Modules...), the engine seems completely broken, stop to add datas and restart with an older exe.

its the dev version. thats for development, not to be stable. so stay on dev and test it, or go for stable!

the ofp/arma hitpoint system has been around for a long time at the end of options for this complexe game ^^

adjustment here - new bugs or imbalance on the other side. it eats up many on time and care

its the dev version. thats for development, not to be stable. so stay on dev and test it, or go for stable!

Implying that stable is stable :)

I want 1.16 back, personally.

Oh my ... Those weird ragdoll hands are now fixed, what a nice surprice. :D Thank you very much.

my arma has this now new updated - maybe the fix is out - not sure !

Added: Support for subfolders in multiplayer scenarios

At first I was excited, but then I found out that this didn't translate to the in-game browser. Missions in subfolders in my mpmissions folder should also be in subfolders when in the MP lobby!

Some vests are too resistant to explosions

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18728

Not a bug, that's a design decision.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-Branch-Changelog&p=2599224&viewfull=1#post2599224

At first I was excited, but then I found out that this didn't translate to the in-game browser. Missions in subfolders in my mpmissions folder should also be in subfolders when in the MP lobby!

A little explanation of what this does would be nice. Is this only for the scenario folder structure in the .pbo? Was it working differently compared to SP?

Edited by L3TUC3

•Added: Support for allowedLoadFileExtension parameter in dedicated server config file in order to make it impossible to read contents of files with unlisted extension (security improvement)

Usage example:

// Put this line somewhere in your arma3server.cfg

allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {"txt","hpp"} ; // only allow files with ".txt" and ".hpp" extension to be loaded via loadFile command

•Added: Support for subfolders in multiplayer scenarios

allows admins to use sub-folders in \MPMissions\ for mission pbo placement