I think I got this all wrong >> deleted.

Edited by Das Attorney
grammah! yea

Is the land waypoint for the editor or only for Zeus? Unless I am looking in the wrong place, I cant seem to find it in the editor.

Maybe the hurt sounds should be heard only during certain actions? Like standing up from prone or sprinting? You know, those actions that hurts most when injured because cost so much energy.

Totally support this

land waypoint. cant believe its here. going to be VERY useful i hope.

Maybe the hurt sounds should be heard only during certain actions? Like standing up from prone or sprinting? You know, those actions that hurts most when injured because cost so much energy.

Isn't this the original OFP way?

The current state of hearing no injury sounds at all is wrong and not intended. We are looking at tweaking it (and fatigue), but this is not it. It started with yesterday's update right?

Isn't this the original OFP way?

Not exactly. The OFP way was only the breathing sound while sprinting (injured or not), and the hit sound that is played when trying to get up while forced being prone by injuries IIRC.

Not exactly. The OFP way was only the breathing sound while sprinting (injured or not), and the hit sound that is played when trying to get up while forced being prone by injuries IIRC.

Oh yeah, you're right, I remember now. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements, although I don't really mind the current state that much.

The current state of hearing no injury sounds at all is wrong and not intended. We are looking at tweaking it (and fatigue), but this is not it. It started with yesterday's update right?

Right.

I'm very relieved to hear that the absent breathing and injury noises are unintended.

If I had a choice between the current implementation of the injury sounds and the current bugged implementation, I'd prefer the bugged one.

Splendid news, can you throw in an estimation on when the new fatigue system will be back again?

Splendid news, can you throw in an estimation on when the new fatigue system will be back again?

I doubt he are talking about the fatigue system, DnA probably had only the sounds in mind. At least I think so.

Actually a bit of both - there is work going on related to the fatigue system itself (on the order of tweaks, not overhaul). But we have meanwhile found the culprit that broke the sounds (engine), so they should be back next week. The intensity and volume of said sounds will still undergo tweaks after that. Another issue discovered in the process will mean that some sounds connected to specific animations will now actually play.

Audio bug that appeared in the DEV branch (Stable branch not affected) for a week or two before 1.16 was released.

Repro

1) place a vehicle

2) Enter graphics options

3) Exit the menu

You will notice that the sound volume of the vehicle's engine will increase considerably.

We have the same issue but also with "Alt"+"Tab" out of the game and back in.

Not only the engine sounds is louder, the 3D position of the soundsource seems to get lost (and thus the vehicle sounds like it is between your headphones).

All people I play with can reproduce this bug since approx a week.

Destroying the bugged vehicle removes the sound (obviously).

Additional steps to reproduce:

1) Place a flying helicopter

2) Alt-Tab out of the game a few times

3) Heli sound will be loud without direction.

4) Destroy the heli and everything sounds normal again until next Alt-Tab

I also managed to reproduce this in the title menu with the Stratis background scene. Some Alt-Tab and the firefight at the ground was incredible loud. Also I could hear the footsteps from the satelite/UAV view :D

This is a very annoying bug, especially if you have to switch often between desktop and game (server administration, editing,...).

Edited by NeoArmageddon

Added: Support for native Linux extensions via the callExtension command (this will require the next Linux server update first)

Thank you BI! :yay: :yay:

Devs, I was wondering: now that you're refactoring stuff to prepare it for changes and improvements, how about refactoring the action menu? :D

And is there a date for the next stable branche update ?

And is there a date for the next stable branche update ?

I sure as hell hope not yet :)

I hope, its not allready said, but the sound suppressors doesnt work: I get only singlefire and endless ammo for all Weapons (except the burst mode, there it works)

And I get THIS:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/486696438234000693/F912CCEB6684C95BC33C03F00B5E269A265D7A97/

an ugly error message and I cannot play my Mission!!

Edited by DerBiwi

I hope, its not allready said, but the sound suppressors doesnt work: I get only singlefire and endless ammo for all Weapons (except the burst mode, there it works)

And I get THIS:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/486696438234000693/F912CCEB6684C95BC33C03F00B5E269A265D7A97/

an ugly error message and I cannot play my Mission!!

Any mods? Have you tried verifying the game cache?

Yes, I have an selfmade Weaponpack (WIP) I'm searching the issue right now...

Is anyone aware of your player dying upon joining a MP game? Is this a known issue?

Yes, I have an selfmade Weaponpack (WIP) I'm searching the issue right now...

So why are you posting it in this thread?

So why are you posting it in this thread?

To collaborate so he could find out more quickly whether the bug is in his code or a bug with dev branch?